Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Tbf, the chief scientist behind their vaccine cant really speak to prevalence in a given country, number of people vaccinated mostly importantly, risk acceptance/aversion of any individual government.

If the vaccine program starts this winter which it looks like it will, and the virus is at least somewhat seasonal as it appears to be, theres no excuse for not being normal by summer and I'd hope before in Scotland where the Health Minister is predicting roughly 1/5 of the entire population vaccinated by end of Jan. And that's presumably before considering the vast numbers and easier distribution of the Oxford vaccine which is yet to be properly announced.

Hadn't seen Jeanies comments, interesting and very ambitious. Great if they were capable but it would need a lot of good luck and excellent logistics. "Summer" sounds feasible but whether that's late May or late August who knows. Fingers firmly crossed for the former. Wonder when UEFA have to make a call bound to be a good bit earlier if they suspect a plan B is required.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbf, the chief scientist behind their vaccine cant really speak to prevalence in a given country, number of people vaccinated mostly importantly, risk acceptance/aversion of any individual government.

If the vaccine program starts this winter which it looks like it will, and the virus is at least somewhat seasonal as it appears to be, theres no excuse for not being normal by summer and I'd hope before in Scotland where the Health Minister is predicting roughly 1/5 of the entire population vaccinated by end of Jan. And that's presumably before considering the vast numbers and easier distribution of the Oxford vaccine which is yet to be properly announced.

I think we really need a nasal spray vaccine to bring things forward world wide before Autumn next year only thing I hope it won't stop is the Euros, hopefully because England and Scotland should have decent levels of immunity by then we can have a normal time by the end of June.

What I'm most looking forward to is the anti vaxxers being told they can't travel as I can see it being essential for international travel especially as we no longer have our EHIC card

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think we really need a nasal spray vaccine to bring things forward world wide before Autumn next year only thing I hope it won't stop is the Euros, hopefully because England and Scotland should have decent levels of immunity by then we can have a normal time by the end of June.

What I'm most looking forward to is the anti vaxxers being told they can't travel as I can see it being essential for international travel especially as we no longer have our EHIC card

I doubt that since it will be a long time before the likes of me or you will be offered it and rightly so. 

Can mind of asking on here about the possibility of a nasal spray a while ago. Would certainly help with distribution  since folk could just administer it themselves with no worries. You could send batches to employers or whatever and get it out en masse that way but I dont know if the flu one for example is as effective as a jag. I doubt it otherwise they wouldnt have everyone come in for jag appointments. 

'Copying and pasting from Twitter....😄....just like the NHS Scotland Dashboard then...

Interesting that the virus seems to stop at the doors of schools in Scotland, but not in England.

And I dont think NS has really admitted that there is any transmission in Scottish schools....more that any cases therein have been contracted 'in the community'

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I doubt that since it will be a long time before the likes of me or you will be offered it and rightly so. 

Can mind of asking on here about the possibility of a nasal spray a while ago. Would certainly help with distribution  since folk could just administer it themselves with no worries. You could send batches to employers or whatever and get it out en masse that way but I dont know if the flu one for example is as effective as a jag. I doubt it otherwise they wouldnt have everyone come in for jag appointments. 

The winter flu vaccine normally runs October through December if I remember correctly so that's 2 months of fairly no intensive vaccinations I think you could bring that down to 6 weeks for covid, 7 in you count Christmas were sadly no one will be getting vaccinated so after that 7 week period you can start on the less clinically vulnerable and then it comes down to how many vaccine shots do we have and what % of people  do we need to have vaccinated. I don't know about en masse mail drops obviously convenient but you then have no idea if people have used them I just think it requires a far less trained person to deal with it and much less time for example after getting the flu jab you have to sit for 5 mins whilst the pharmacist makes sure you're okay in that time you could administer loads more nasal based sprays.

6 minutes ago, philpy said:

Folk in musselburgh getting their knickers in a twist because they can't travel 4 miles away to the "big asda" as its in a tier 3 area 😂😂

Do Mussie folk not realise there’s a big Tesco there?

Plus they can travel to Asda in Tranent or Dunbar. 

Can we all agree that the next pandemic that occurs we all just agree that the borders shut and the aviation industry gets furloughed?

See the funny thing about this is , drastic measures are just that, drastic. In health & safety and emergency response training lots of studies show that people are reluctant to initiate these actions until it’s staring them in the face that there’s no other option.
For instance piper alpha could have been much less serious if other platforms had carried out emergency shutdowns 20-30 mins earlier ( they are in themselves dangerous & cause alot of problems and should only be used when theres no longer a safe alternative)
No one wants to be the guy who gets jumpy and pushes the big red button over f**k all

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Naw, blues are bad for you.

Boooooo!

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Reasonable if you're peering over the wall for a game.

It certainly would’ve made the last Falkirk game I attended a lot better. (2-2 with Dumbarton - 4 goals but an awful watch)

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

If he does, you should take them all at once. I hear it’s a trip. 

Clown.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Cheers @Tynierose absolute legend.

IMG_20201119_193718.jpg.d04c73f978b599f632ddb6722d93c386.jpg

You’ve been diddled by a Hearts fan m8. They’re they ones that make your willy that hard you faint.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/11/19/many-could-immune-covid-despite-never-having-infected-study/?s=09

How can it possibly keep happening that people on a Scottish football forum talk about things months before our 'experts' become aware of them?

I think Szamo and Marshy were aware, they must be keeping you out of the loop.  

24 minutes ago, philpy said:

Folk in musselburgh getting their knickers in a twist because they can't travel 4 miles away to the "big asda" as its in a tier 3 area 😂😂

Do they think that the polis are going to have checkpoints set up on the roads...

30 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

It says on the guidelines you can make a journey to get food if it’s close to your home. 

The guidance here https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-travel-and-transport/

says "where it is not possible" to get food in your own local authority area which seems a extremely poorly worded to me.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to buy food in every Local Authority in the country.

Whilst it's possible to do a 40 mile round trip from Invergowrie to Perth or for your messages nobody is going to do it and I doubt anyone is expected to.

The guidance before certainly said food shopping was a reasonable excuse without the weird language.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Get them cliped on!

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Dear Mussies,

The A1 stops at the ASDA roundabout. So you go from Musselburgh High Street up to Oldcraighall, onto the A1 and unless there's a Police roadblock around the Newcraighall slip road you can carry on to ASDA (at 70+ mph in your Audi because there's no cameras to enforce the 50 mph speed limit).