Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-says-dying-mum-23035753

A tragic story but the flip floppery around the roolz to suit headlines doesn’t sit well  with me. Nor a very vulnerable person putting themselves very much in harms way. Can all the care home residents now also book themselves on a plane to The Canaries on compassionate grounds?  

Not sure how Sturgeon should have responded any other way after the story in yesterday's paper with politicians from the other parties getting their oar in. She just explained the rules have room for compassion in exceptional circumstances. Do you think she should have said "rules are rules, you're staying hame"? Also saying to someone with terminal cancer that a wee holiday might be bad for their health seems a bit bizarre.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/dying-mum-begs-nicola-sturgeon-23034336

P.S. I'm going to make use of that "exception" clause for all its worth..

Edited by welshbairn

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-says-dying-mum-23035753

A tragic story but the flip floppery around the roolz to suit headlines doesn’t sit well  with me. Nor a very vulnerable person putting themselves very much in harms way. Can all the care home residents now also book themselves on a plane to The Canaries on compassionate grounds?  
Take it you didn't see Leonard visibly deflating when in his usual excruciating style he asked if this very woman could take her holiday at FMQs ?

He had been contacted by her and he made this into a "she can't understand the rules" scenario. NS stood up and said she had also contacted her and that she had already replied telling her in the circumstances of course she could take her already booked holiday. Leonard was like a burst balloon !

I had a friend who was in a similar position a few years back, was given a very bleak prognosis, a matter of a few months. As it happened she enjoyed (maybe the wrong word latterly) another three years or so with her young family.

Not sure what my point is other than the general population are at risk of catching and spreading to vulnerable groups so just don’t, but this vulnerable person is given express permission to put themselves in harms way?  There’s been enough comment from Prof Leitch about ‘I’m really sorry, but no you can’t do that just now.’  

Folk have been stopped being with their friends and family as they die alone it's pushing the compassion rules to the max if you're going to jet off on holiday, the FM has been saying for months don't go on holidays abroad. It's a completely shit state of affairs for anyone in her and her families position

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Folk have been stopped being with their friends and family as they die alone it's pushing the compassion rules to the max if you're going to jet off on holiday, the FM has been saying for months don't go on holidays abroad. It's a completely shit state of affairs for anyone in her and her families position

I don't know, I think people with a terminal illness with symptoms that don't trouble them much should get a bit of leeway to tick off their bucket list. It's about getting the general numbers down, a few defined exceptions won't make a difference.

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

4.4million people in Scotland over 18 will be eligible for the vaccine.

They don't even need to do that to kill the pandemic.

They're talking about 1m by the end of January in Scotland. If they do that then there's almost no pressure on the health service.

They don't even need to do that to kill the pandemic.
They're talking about 1m by the end of January in Scotland. If they do that then there's almost no pressure on the health service.

They reckon vaccinations could be as soon as the start of December for frontline workers and care homes.

47 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

FFS why didnt she not just go to the airport without making a song and dance about it. It's not as if the roads are dead and helicopter gunships are shooting all cars heading over the forth bridge.

One of the better ideas that's been suggested in recent times...........

I thinks its safe to say the Covid thread has pretty much mutated into the  Bralt with battle lines drawn.
Will be disappointed if we don't have the same few on each side rattling about in here in several years time when all else have moved on.
We don't do walking away (except in situations where social distancing becomes difficult).

Freeman has actually said there’s a possibility of a million vaccinated in Scotland by the end of January.

I’m sceptical, to say the least. But the fact they think this is a genuine possibility has definitely got my hopes up.

The end might just be coming.

Most modern schools have tiny dining areas and limited space to cater for on the premises eating.

Also it was cheaper to walk 10 minutes along the road to the coop for a pie and a can than it was to have a sandwich and a bottle of water in the school I was at.

From memory you were £1.50 for a pie on a roll and a can of Barr’s coke from the burger van also.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Also it was cheaper to walk 10 minutes along the road to the coop for a pie and a can than it was to have a sandwich and a bottle of water in the school I was at.

From memory you were £1.50 for a pie on a roll and a can of Barr’s coke from the burger van also.

Wasn't yesterday but my school made you p***k about with pre loading a card with cash then queing year by year etc. Like you say there were multiple places nearby that were cheaper and easier.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Imagine posting on a football forum on a daily basis, that the only people in the Scotland who won't be offered the vaccine, should also lead completely mundane lives, be denied a proper education, live almost under house arrest and not get a visit from Santa.

'Wild'

"The vaccine".

Now there's a thought.

"If" some come to fruition, it may be at the same time. So if you had a choice, is one preferable to the others?

* Given the different paths taken.

Or would you say "f**k it" and not bother?