Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, MixuFruit said:

your problem, such that it is, is that you come up with 24 carat gold posts but you dump them all in a couple of days instead of spreading them out through the year.

Your problem is you take it to seriously, I genuinely couldn’t give a f**k what people think about my posts.  I do this for my own amusement and will continue to do so.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

The last round of the State of Origin Series took place in Brisbane yesterday in front of a 50,000+ packed crowd with no masks or social distancing.

Queensland has not had a single community transmission of Covid-19 in months and there are now only 94 active cases in all of Australia - the vast majority were acquired overseas

This didn't go down well in other parts of Australia.

You can have 50,000 in ine place in Queensland but a few less in others. 

UPDATE: From 4pm 17 November 2020

• Gatherings: Increase gatherings in homes and public spaces from 40 to 50 people across Queensland.
  • Indoor premises: Increase from one per person per 4m2 to one per person per 2m2 (e.g. restaurants, cafes, pubs, clubs, museums, art galleries, places of worship, convention centres and Parliament House). Indoor play areas within a premises can open too.
  • Wedding ceremonies: Up to 200 people can attend a wedding and all guests can dance (both indoors and outdoors).
  • Funerals: Up to 200 people can attend a funeral.
  • Indoor events: Seated, ticketed venues to increase from 50% to 100% with patrons to wear masks on entry and exit (e.g. theatre, live music, cinemas and indoor sports). Performers can reduce distance from audience from 4m to 2m, except choirs which remain at 4m from the audience.
  • Outdoor events: Increase outdoor events from 1000 to 1500 with a COVID Safe Event Checklist. Larger events require a COVID Safe Plan.
  • Open air stadiums: Increase seated capacity from 75% to 100% (with a COVID Safe Plan).
  • Outdoor dancing: Outdoor dancing allowed (e.g. outdoor music festivals, beer gardens).

In addition to these:

• Boarding schools: Boarding school students can sleep over at friends’ houses on weekends and holidays.
  • Residential care: You can visit loved ones who are receiving residential care at a mental health or drug and alcohol service.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

It's quite an odd contradiction to see here... Folk are complaining that schools are being kept open to appease, effectively, shite parents. Yet the fact there are many shite parents out there is a huge part of the reason schools are being kept open, as acknowledged by the govt in recent days when they talk about the damage done by closing them. Something that many folk on here seem to be ignoring in their pursuit of a tribal argument.

Personally I’ve said that I understand why schools are trying to remain open, I also think a class environment is better for most kids in regards to learning and social interaction. I just don’t agree with the “schools above all” nonsense that we’re seeing now. 

I know a few people who are keeping their kids off school until the “Tier 4 restrictions” here are lifted. Can definitely see a change in some of the Facebook maws who previously wanted kids back so they could scroll through social media all day 

In fairness this is like 5 mums in the entire UK all of whom have been featured on Channel 5 already.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

It has been noted that certain people within the government ctrcle jerk stand to make themselves even wealthier out of the pandemic.

The American phrase 'circle jerk' creeping into Scottish lingo is worse than dying of Covid IMO.

I thinks its safe to say the Covid thread has pretty much mutated into the  Bralt with battle lines drawn.
Will be disappointed if we don't have the same few on each side rattling about in here in several years time when all else have moved on.

It’s certainly got levels of whataboutery that are seldom seen outside of the old firm.

Drove past one of the high schools in Renfrew, appeared to be lunch time or something, large groups of kids bunched up, full on sidey’s happening on the football parks and groups of weans smoking in groups outside etc. Begs the question if they’re old enough to carry on like that (i get that legally they can’t smoke but they do), then why the f**k arent the schools making them wear masks and socially distance at break times? Im on the side of keeping schools open where it is possible but its difficult to argue in favour when young adults dont screw the nut. 

17 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I thinks its safe to say the Covid thread has pretty much mutated into the  Bralt with battle lines drawn.

Will be disappointed if we don't have the same few on each side rattling about in here in several years time when all else have moved on.

503E1ABD-F987-4BC4-991C-1BBB964E79A6.jpeg.0c91b8a5c863173fe8bbac42b5afd98c.jpeg

The big skaal shouldna be open.

Drove past one of the high schools in Renfrew, appeared to be lunch time or something, large groups of kids bunched up, full on sidey’s happening on the football parks and groups of weans smoking in groups outside etc. Begs the question if they’re old enough to carry on like that (i get that legally they can’t smoke but they do), then why the f**k arent the schools making them wear masks and socially distance at break times? Im on the side of keeping schools open where it is possible but its difficult to argue in favour when young adults dont screw the nut. 
Maybe smoking has given them lung problems and they can't wear masks?

15 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It would put a smile on my face and put me in a better mood if it was me passing by and saw that. Good to see some normality going on.

So what's the problem here, do you know if they are or are not following the rules set by the school?

Why arent the schools stopping them going out at lunch? Why arent they wearing masks? Why arent older teenagers social distancing? Pretty reasonable and easy steps to take.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

The last round of the State of Origin Series took place in Brisbane yesterday in front of a 50,000+ packed crowd with no masks or social distancing.

Queensland has not had a single community transmission of Covid-19 in months and there are now only 94 active cases in all of Australia - the vast majority were acquired overseas

This didn't go down well in other parts of Australia.

No fans from outside QLD were allowed, my pal was at the test event a few weeks ago with 25k in.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/nov/17/australia-covid-19-lockdown-rules-coronavirus-restrictions-by-state-how-far-can-travel-interstate-border-social-distancing-nsw-victoria-vic-queensland-qld-wa-sa-act-how-many-people-over-house

Queensland – Libraries, museums, art galleries, historic sites, indoor cinemas, concert venues, theatres, arenas, auditoriums, stadiums, nightclubs, outdoor amusement parks, zoos and arcades can reopen with a Covid-safe plan.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-says-dying-mum-23035753

A tragic story but the flip floppery around the roolz to suit headlines doesn’t sit well  with me. Nor a very vulnerable person putting themselves very much in harms way. Can all the care home residents now also book themselves on a plane to The Canaries on compassionate grounds?  

Just now, alta-pete said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-says-dying-mum-23035753

A tragic story but the flip floppery around the roolz to suit headlines doesn’t sit well  with me. Nor a very vulnerable person putting themselves very much in harms way. Can all the care home residents now also book themselves on a plane to The Canaries on compassionate grounds?  

Sturgeon says she can’t go = Sturgeon is a b*****d.

Sturgeon says she can go = Sturgeon is a b*****d.