Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Tom Jones used to bathe his genitals in Listerine before and after shagging groupies in his heyday to keep him protected against STDs.

That's not unusual...

Edited by jagfox BLM

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Also saying Sweden = Norway is the height of ignorance. There are some big differences. 

In general, the utter stupidity in the countries people cherry-pick for comparisons for whatever point they want to make has been a real low point of the pandemic. The worst I've seen yet has to be Effie Dean's comparison of Scotland and Slovakia because their population, to the nearest million, is the same. That is genuinely impressive levels of idiocy.

Edited by Gordon EF

Can’t believe the UK governments still think “lockdowns” work. You’re only putting off the inevitable - cases rising again when things open back up. Business owners being fcked about left right and centre, folks mental health and isolation being even worse this time because the weather is shit. A so called 2/3/4 week stint in Tier 4 will achieve nothing. Schools will be open so transmission will happen there. Unless they’re wanting us to be in Tier 4 until a vaccine is brought out then all they’re really doing is showing us that it’s schools “uber alles” in their eyes 

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Reading there that Gordon's School in Huntly has been shut due to lack of staffing.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeenshire/2655643/north-east-school-closes-following-confirmed-case-of-coronavirus/

Again the authorities are clear with the message “There is no evidence of transmission of Covid-19 within the school.''

Huntly must be COVID 19 riddled then, better keep your windows up if you drive through.

Teaching scum not following the rules once they break through the Covid repelling force field of the school gates IMO.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Apologies if this has already been covered and ignore the dreadful English, but a few pubs/bars/whatever in Dumfries (Tier 2) have posted that they've been told they can't serve drink outside because they don't have permanent kitchens (even if they're serving food). With the tier 2 rules stating you can drink inside with a meal but need to sit outside if you're just planning on bevying without food, I don't see what difference this makes in terms of sitting in a beer garden. Are we not wanting to give these places any chance to trade?

bNtUXNLl.jpg

More ventilation outside so lower risk and I assume they assumed when they passed the law they hoped to protect the restaurant industry.

Also laughable that it had been brought in under the radar, it was debated in parliament and then the entirety of the legislation is published online. I worry about the mine field that is Brexit if businesses aren't reading new laws that directly effect their business.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Can’t believe the UK governments still think “lockdowns” work. You’re only putting off the inevitable - cases rising again when things open back up. Business owners being fcked about left right and centre, folks mental health and isolation being even worse this time because the weather is shit. A so called 2/3/4 week stint in Tier 4 will achieve nothing. Schools will be open so transmission will happen there. Unless they’re wanting us to be in Tier 4 until a vaccine is brought out then all they’re really doing is showing us that it’s schools “uber alles” in their eyes 

In terms of saving lives, they do. In terms of fucking absolutely everything else ie people's mental health, businesses, education (to an extent), the economy then yeah, there's that. 

There's no win here with this. 

You can't open everything up as the NHS will be absolutely fucked and there will be countless needless deaths. Just look at Sweden. Their approach has majorly backfired. Their health system is sinking under the amount of cases. 

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

My question is who's pulling the government's strings, energy companies, media.... who stands to benefit most either for power, control and financial gain is behind a lot of the string pulling going on.

Sometimes I feel that we aren't being allowed to see the full picture going on here, I don't think many in government are in the loop either.

We are the mushrooms.

Energy companies pulling the government strings?😂

These are people who'll spend £50 chasing up a 2p bill to an address years after the customer has moved out and another one has moved in.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It's one year ago today that the first case of Covid 19 was identified in a Chinese hospital.

That means it's only 13 months today since yer Auntie on Facebook claims she had something that the doctor's couldn't get to the bottom of.