Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see the clammy used car salesman has announced an order placed for 5 million doses of the Moderna vaccine to be delivered in spring. Seems like the only bottleneck now is the administering of the vaccines.... The one thing re vaccines firmly in the governments control.

Look forward to a catastrophic failure then

Not a chance, we'll be in the back of the queue. The EU has a signed deal for 40 million with first dibs on another 40 million, all the UK has is a rushed email and a "We appreciate your interest" response. America will get the lion's share anyway.

If council areas need to go into Tier 4 why not do it immediately, why wait till Friday.  Sorry but do not believe that this is all in aid of Christmas, she is just stringing people along, when that comes along and the figures are still high she will come out with more pish. When is she going to tackle the elephant in the room?

7 minutes ago, Elric said:

If council areas need to go into Tier 4 why not do it immediately, why wait till Friday.  Sorry but do not believe that this is all in aid of Christmas, she is just stringing people along, when that comes along and the figures are still high she will come out with more pish. When is she going to tackle the elephant in the room?

For what reason ?

You do realise that every country in Europe now has lockdowns and restrictions similar to our tier 3 and in fact closer to our tier 4.

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

News about the vaccines is obviously good news but within days (hours even?) there are already conspiracy theories about the vaccine(s) containing male human foetuses...

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccine-idUSKBN27W2I7 

And do the fetuses HAVE to be Male or can I choose? 

Not a chance, we'll be in the back of the queue. The EU has a signed deal for 40 million with first dibs on another 40 million, all the UK has is a rushed email and a "We appreciate your interest" response. America will get the lion's share anyway.
Source?

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

News about the vaccines is obviously good news but within days (hours even?) there are already conspiracy theories about the vaccine(s) containing male human foetuses...

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccine-idUSKBN27W2I7 

One of Trump's Covid medicines came from the same technology.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Source?

Man in the pub.

#Level1, livin the life..

Potentially outing myself as the Chairman Mao alias here but anyone sincerely arguing that we should enforce tougher restrictions first and foremost to "save Christmas" is the absolute pinnacle of comfortable middle class furloughed at home on full pay 

Christmas day is my favourite day of the year btw but this is purely being done as a vote winner amongst specific demographics. Largely the same demographic who cried about blended learning, believe students are one single entity who are living debauched lifestyles and blame "scum" for case numbers remaining steadfast.
I personally hate what Christmas has become - an over-bloated commercial monster.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Potentially outing myself as the Chairman Mao alias here but anyone sincerely arguing that we should enforce tougher restrictions first and foremost to "save Christmas" is the absolute pinnacle of comfortable middle class furloughed at home on full pay 

I preferred your Britney Spears account. #FreeBritney

Obviously it’s just speculation right now but if Glasgow/Ayrshire etc is put into Tier 4, then that’s a lot of uncertainty and worry for businesses having to close yet again. Whilst I see the need for schools to be open, is it really worth putting everything else in the shitter whilst allowing schools to be open? I honestly can’t see numbers coming down dramatically just because gyms, restaurants and hairdressers are shutting their doors considering there already is safety measures in place there

I personally hate what Christmas has become - an over-bloated commercial monster.

It’s purely to get more money out of ordinary working class people to keep the economy ticking. It’s a swizz, the lot of it.