Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

IMG_6797.jpg

That can't be correct - Falkirk should be on there as we were told by a completely legitimate insider yesterday.

Tier 4 will do nothing in terms of reducing numbers - schools still open and anyone going to their pal's for a few cans and an insta story isn't going to stop.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

This "To save Christmas!" stuff like we are in a Pixar film is wild. Even if it works, why are we signing up for weeks of restrictions with businesses being decimated to save a single day which just happens to have a different name than others?

You’d think church attendance would be absolutely massive in this country given the ‘save christmas’ pish. Why didnt we save diwali or eid or passover? 

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

This "To save Christmas!" stuff like we are in a Pixar film is wild. Even if it works, why are we signing up for weeks of restrictions with businesses being decimated to save a single day which just happens to have a different name than others?

Lockdown has caused a shortage of gifts so Santa is dishing out P45s this year instead. 

Edited by Michael W

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You’d think church attendance would be absolutely massive in this country given the ‘save christmas’ pish. Why didnt we save diwali or eid or passover? 

Christmas is celebrated by millions of folk who are not Christians.  I am one of them.

Back in August me and my girlfriend decided we’d attend her grans for Christmas if allowed. If not, so what we’d have it on our own.

Last week we made the decision that regardless we’d have it on our own to avoid any hassle or issues.

However, I can see an agreement of something along the lines of restrictions being lifted 23rd until 28th before introducing a full lockdown.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I honestly couldn't give a f**k about Christmas. Who  celebrates it for its religious connotations? Not very many. It's just an excuse to wring a fortune out of ordinary working people.

Obviously it's nice to get a couple days off and see your family and stuff but fvck me it isn't the be all and end all. 

On the plus side I'm looking forward to the upsurge in panic buying inspired scraps over turkey et al on aisle 18.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm fairly sure most people would sacrifice a turkey dinner at their maws if it meant they kept their livelihood.

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

ICYMI, Eid was absolutely fúcked this year - didn't get all that much coverage.