Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I'm generalising. But what Leitch is saying is that the summer will still have restrictions. So the end of the year? Every possibility.

No Leitch is saying that we might still have some restrictions next summer - he has not said that there will definitely be restrictions - quite a difference. 

6 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

No Leitch is saying that we might still have some restrictions next summer - he has not said that there will definitely be restrictions - quite a difference. 

I'm sure the guys will have a chat about it before then. We'll see what we can do.

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The apple store on princes street are only letting people in store if you have a reservation. 

I have a reservation

OK it's that I think many of their products are overpriced and overhyped but will they still let me in?

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text

Like many I pay no attention to anything Leitch says. The guy is a clown of the highest order and, as I've previously said, when this is over I'll be happy never to see his smug face or hear his smarmy, whining patronising voice again.

See also Devi Sridhar.

17 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Like many I pay no attention to anything Leitch says. The guy is a clown of the highest order and, as I've previously said, when this is over I'll be happy never to see his smug face or hear his smarmy, whining patronising voice again.

See also Devi Sridhar.

Our entire societal structure just now is centred around "saving Christmas fur the weans!" so Leitch can see himself photoshopped onto Santa on the front of the Record

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wonder how Jason Leitch would sleep at night knowing a bunch on no-marks on a football site dislike him.

Quite soundly I imagine.

I'm sure he isn't losing sleep because he has capitalised on the superficiality of the majority of the audience and has elevated himself in the process.

"He's wannae us, talks a loatay sense innat".

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

See also Devi Sridhar.

Stares GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I look forward to Jason Leitch defending his comments on mass gatherings and face masks as part of the Inquiry when this is all over. 

He just passes on what he's told by the government and their scientific advisors. As people on here are keen to point out, his expertise is in dentistry and public health, not epidemiology. Unsurprisingly the advice changed as more was discovered about a brand new virus, notably when it was discovered that airborne transmission is a thing.   

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He just passes on what he's told by the government and their scientific advisors. As people on here are keen to point out, his expertise is in dentistry and public health, not epidemiology. Unsurprisingly the advice changed as more was discovered about a brand new virus, notably when it was discovered that airborne transmission is a thing.   

Erm no, this is utter bollocks because the previous thinking was that it was spread by droplets anyway and so wearing masks would be more effective, not less.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Very quick reminder before we disappear down the hindsight rabbit hole that the WHO changed their advice on the 5th June. I would think it would be very unlikely that any local health expert would go against the WHO advice at the time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-52945210

Face masks were a central feature of the response in SE Asia since the beginning of the year. The Czech Republic made face masks mandatory way back in March:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/czechs-get-to-work-making-masks-after-government-decree-coronavirus

Are we just about done with this nonsense revisionism to try and defend Clownshoes Leitch, tribune of the people? Presumably the WHO and experts also told him to batter on with letting an Old Firm game go ahead: which let's not forget was also part of his gormless plan of action until the SFA stepped in to suspend matches instead.