Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Right so the UK is getting 20 million doses of the 90% effective vaccine by the end of the year, there are approx 2 million people over the age of 55, we should be getting about 1.7 million person doses of the vaccine. So vaccinate the oldest and those with a clinical need and then NHS staff, start in December and vaccinate like a motherfucker and get the restrictions to f**k by March. 

Why should people over the age of 55 be given priority for a vaccine when:

i) The government has been telling anyone who'd listen that 'long Covid111!!!!!111' is a serious threat at every age group and

ii) Older age groups have screamed about even the slightest thought of changing their routine and shielding in the middle of a pandemic? Which is part of the reason why we've had to set the economy on fire not once but twice in the space of nine months and will be paying for this for generations to come.

Seems to me then that once we safeguard health and care workers as well as much more narrowly defined categories of high risk, the rest of the vaccination program should be open to the entire public. If boomers were happy to take their chances in 2020 then they can do so again in 2021 while we lift restrictions regardless.

36 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Including you?

Yes

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As an example near where I live, there are 3 in Glasgow Rd Paisley. One has a sign up saying  "1 customer in shop at a time", the other two are "2 customers at a time".

Admittedly they are all pretty small but yours must be gigantic if there are 14 people in and are all socially distanced.

It isn’t a gigantic place at all. It’s the one in Maybole if anyone knows it. There was no way people were 2meters apart but everyone had masks 

Not being a dick here, but why?
If the SG don't feel that certain countries have vaccinated enough, then keep the current quarantine system in place for them. If the SG are happy with the number vaccinated here then vaccine situation in, say, Spain, has absolutely no bearing on Scottish businesses.
The whole point of a vaccine is that it protects you. If your population is sufficiently protected, what are you then hiding from?
Do you really think that enough people will be vaccinated by next summer?
By millions vaccinated in every country i mean crowds in every country games are planned.
They don't even know the length of immunity yet.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Do you really think that enough people will be vaccinated by next summer?

Define enough?

I couldn't give a flying f**k how many are vaccinated in or able to go to games in the likes of Budapest btw. And i'm not sure how it's relevant to Hampden either.

Do you think the Hungarian bohóccipő is going to base the matchday capacity of their Euro 2020 stadium by how many people are vaccinated in Scotland?

Edited by Todd_is_God

Define enough?
I couldn't give a flying f**k how many are able to go to games in Budapest btw. And i'm not sure how it's relevant to Hampden either.
Because fans need to travel all over Europe to watch games.
Enough means that if people travel, even with immunity from a vaccine then they could still spread it. Therefore Budapest will ban travel. As will any other country without enough vaccinated.
I'm pretty sure the games will go ahead but perhaps with limited crowds.
Who knows maybe somehow this will all go to plan and disappear, I certainly think things will be better anyway.

i) The government has been telling anyone who'd listen that 'long Covid111!!!!!111' is a serious threat at every age group and
ii) Older age groups have screamed about even the slightest thought of changing their routine and shielding in the middle of a pandemic? Which is part of the reason why we've had to set the economy on fire not once but twice in the space of nine months and will be paying for this for generations to come.
Seems to me then that once we safeguard health and care workers as well as much more narrowly defined categories of high risk, the rest of the vaccination program should be open to the entire public. If boomers were happy to take their chances in 2020 then they can do so again in 2021 while we lift restrictions regardless.
I take it you don't agree with the JCVI's interim guidance on the order of priority?

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Because fans need to travel all over Europe to watch games.

Not true.

Hampden will host 2 group games, both involving Scotland, and a last 16 game which could.

Again, I really don't care about the situation in, for example, Ljubliana or Budapest. It's irrelevant. Hampden is in Glasgow. If Scotland is in a place where 50,000 can go to Hampden, and nowhere else is deemed fit to be allowed into Scotland sans quarantine, then 50,000 tickets should, and would, be sold to people resident in Scotland.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Define enough?
I couldn't give a flying f**k how many are vaccinated in or able to go to games in the likes of Budapest btw. And i'm not sure how it's relevant to Hampden either.
Do you think the Hungarian bohóccipő is going to base the matchday capacity of their Euro 2020 stadium by how many people are vaccinated in Scotland?
It will be up to each country as it is now.

I would not be surprised that some will insist on vaccination before entering their country.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It will be up to each country as it is now.

I would not be surprised that some will insist on vaccination before entering their country.

And that's fine. But the insinuation from Leitch that we'd need other countries to be vaccinated to allow Hampden to be filled just reeks of the usual 'cautious' pish.

And that's fine. But the insinuation from Leitch that we'd need other countries to be vaccinated to allow Hampden to be filled just reeks of the usual 'cautious' pish.

But remember this is Leitch we are talking about; like I said before if he told me grass is green I’d still go outside to check.

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, virginton said:

I take it you don't agree with the JCVI's interim guidance on the order of priority?

Can't answer because I haven't seen the document. But given the track record of just about everyone involved in the UK's policy making for the pandemic you can safely bet that political cover will be the real priority when giving out the vaccine.

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think it's wise to look beyond our shores until we have got through to the 50% if people who say they won't be getting the vaccine.

Interesting that 33% of adult Brits have taken illegal substances with no idea what is in them, yet here comes a scientific product and suddenly it will turn your brain to mush, kill your kids, make you infertile, make you patented and turn you into a mouth piece for a communist revolution and all the Helen Lovejoy types who's husband is probably coked up most weekends has found her voice on Facebook.

Can't answer because I haven't seen the document. But given the track record of just about everyone involved in the UK's policy making for the pandemic you can safely bet that political cover will be the real priority when giving out the vaccine.

This is their order of priority:

– Older adults in a care home and care home workers

– All those aged 80 and over and health and social care workers, though they may move up the list

– Anyone 75 and over

– People aged 70 and over

– All those aged 65 and over

– High-risk adults under 65

– Moderate-risk adults under 65

– All those aged 60 and over

– All those 55 and over

– All those aged 50 and over

– The rest of the population, with priority yet to be determined.