Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 hours ago, superbigal said:

So todays update just released.  Cases 7 days per 100K to 9th November another drop for the 2nd day from 151.2 to 148.1.   Looking a little more detailed at the relegated trio to check if their surges headlined are continuing before tomorrows shift.   MMMMMM

Angus unchanged at 84.3,     Fife down a tad to 111.1,  P&K  also down to 97.4.     So those huge rises were just caught at the perfect moment for ScotGov to publicise, and at least for today look a bit less reliable as a measure of relegating said Councils.

Glasgow is still at 298.2 ,    Renfrew surging and now at 282.0,     They have absolutely no excuse for not being relegated to the Europa league Group 4 of death.  When will she pull the trigger ?   Maybe they know where all the cases are coming from and the changes from Tier 3 to 4 will make no difference.  My educated guess is closing down the shops etc would not help, and there simply is no solution for the fine residents of Glasgow and Paisley.

Aberdeen City now down to 32.4   absolutely ridiculous that they cannot be moved into Tier 1 along with the Shire.  

So todays update just released.  Cases 7 days per 100K to 10th November another drop for the 3rd day from 148.1 to 145.9

The relegated trio are fairly flat so that proves the use of stats on Tuesday was just for show.

Also on that note, the alarming rise in Inverclyde Stat was also bullshit ,as 3 days later they have dropped from 156.8 to 118.3 or nearly 25%

Glasgow still over 290 and been at that level for over a month.

Renfrew still rising now at 287.5. They only had just over 60 cases per 100K early in October when they were in the same equivalent restrictions  Head shaking stuff for these people day after day.

Scotland qualifying has made it even more vital that we get back to fans in stadiums and pubs open by June. Probably a bit ridiculous but I would genuinely take a proper 6 month lockdown if it meant we could click our fingers at the end and be back to full stadiums and pubs for the Euros.

Hopefully nothing like a lockdown will be needed and vaccines will be rolled out soon.

Scotland qualifying has made it even more vital that we get back to fans in stadiums and pubs open by June. Probably a bit ridiculous but I would genuinely take a proper 6 month lockdown if it meant we could click our fingers at the end and be back to full stadiums and pubs for the Euros.
Hopefully nothing like a lockdown will be needed and vaccines will be rolled out soon.
Been wondering about the logistics of it all.

Most important thing is to vaccinate those likely to be hospitalised, but how soon does it make any difference how many people get vaccinated in any given area to "herd immunity". A large % of the population has presumably been infected and now present a barrier to infection spread? Presumably each vaccine also presents a similar barrier to spread.

I am pretty optimistic about this, tho that may be misplaced based on fear of these shitty restrictions going on too long. Surely a big hit of millions of vaccines as well as protecting those who are vulnerable, will take a big bite out the R0 number?

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Been wondering about the logistics of it all.

Most important thing is to vaccinate those likely to be hospitalised, but how soon does it make any difference how many people get vaccinated in any given area to "herd immunity". A large % of the population has presumably been infected and now present a barrier to infection spread? Presumably each vaccine also presents a similar barrier to spread.

I am pretty optimistic about this, tho that may be misplaced based on fear of these shitty restrictions going on too long. Surely a big hit of millions of vaccines as well as protecting those who are vulnerable, will take a big bite out the R0 number?

I certainly hope so, but it’s hard to get too optimistic with this due to the repeated kicks to the balls we’ve all been receiving over the last 9 months.

On 12/11/2020 at 13:43, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Well that’s me now officially been told I’m doing my bit for keeping Dundee in Level 3.  I’m Positive. Wife and bairn negative. 

Been told my isolation period ends on 15th but they’re stuck in until 23rd. I can literally taste the seethe. Well I would if I could fucking taste anything.

You get it in meh work ? 

6 hours ago, superbigal said:

So todays update just released.  Cases 7 days per 100K to 10th November another drop for the 3rd day from 148.1 to 145.9

The relegated trio are fairly flat so that proves the use of stats on Tuesday was just for show.

Also on that note, the alarming rise in Inverclyde Stat was also bullshit ,as 3 days later they have dropped from 156.8 to 118.3 or nearly 25%

Wouldn't go as far as to claim it's 'bullshit': the issue is that Inverclyde's population is only 78,000, so the sharp rises and drops in per 100k cases reflect only a few dozen cases on the ground either way. 

A bit relieved that we're not still spinning inexorably into the tier 4 watchlist though. 

Edited by vikingTON

Hearing from one of the wifes colleagues who was at the local gp/healthboard meeting that they’ll be taking a different approach to England with the GP’s there being touted to deliver the vaccines. They seem to think its going to be quite a longer drawn out process than is being reported. Care homes and staff first then ‘front line nhs’ then everyone else... 

How are the vaccines being procured? With health being devolved have we had to strike our own deal or did the 4 nations pool together and if so what guarantees do we have that we're not going to get shafted over for London as per.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hearing from one of the wifes colleagues who was at the local gp/healthboard meeting that they’ll be taking a different approach to England with the GP’s there being touted to deliver the vaccines. They seem to think its going to be quite a longer drawn out process than is being reported. Care homes and staff first then ‘front line nhs’ then everyone else... 

They are already desperately advertising Like they did when contract tracing started, for ex health professionals to administer vaccines.

Expect 20,000 people employed sitting doing nothing again.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

They are already desperately advertising Like they did when contract tracing started, for ex health professionals to administer vaccines.

Expect 20,000 people employed sitting doing nothing again.

Yeh they are advertising etc but it seems we’re still a way off restrictions etc being over and wide spread roll out. Personally think they should stop all the wasteful pish they did with the contact trace and directy employ the army to deliver this, they have the logistic knowledge, use sports centres or something and vaccinate entire towns when we have the stocks of the vaccine. Use field medics, nurses and dental staff, student nurses, fucking vets if they need to, this must be top priority. Enough of the fucking about with the buearucratic shite just get it done. Once we get the over 55’s vaccinated then get the restrictions to f**k and get everyone else done. 

How are the vaccines being procured? With health being devolved have we had to strike our own deal or did the 4 nations pool together and if so what guarantees do we have that we're not going to get shafted over for London as per.

Done by the Barnett formula. UK Government orders the vaccines then the devolved governments are entitled to a percentage of each batch based on population, but they can then do what they like with those vaccines. Although all are guided by the JCVI so you’d expect roughly the same order of priority to be followed.

Barely been on my phone all day and a quick scan of Twitter isn’t giving much away, any truth to the rumour of Glasgow and surrounding areas going into tier 4?

10 minutes ago, smpar said:

Barely been on my phone all day and a quick scan of Twitter isn’t giving much away, any truth to the rumour of Glasgow and surrounding areas going into tier 4?

It seems likely given the papers are talking about it but I suspect they might be nervous that it goes to tier 4 only for it to continue the way it is going. 

I do think I'd be interested to understand where people are catching the virus especially given many things which could be open have chosen to shut because of tier 3. 

Purely anecdotal but have a trip up north booked for December and a lot of businesses (hotels & restaurants specifically) have emailed to say they’ve cancelled bookings as they can’t survive even with Tier 1 restrictions and the uncertainty of being potentially moved up and down like a yo-yo. Seems the tier system might not be any better than a blanket lockdown for certain businesses.