Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Interestingly, the Samaritans have this morning Tweeted that data shows that there hasn't been a rise in suicide rates since lockdown started.

I read a report that in London at least suicide call outs are up by 20% and have doubled since 2015.

I'd take the Samaritans tweet with a pinch of salt as there is a policy from government to suppress publicity of suicides as it's felt that they are a clustering phenomenon. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Someone in my work just been told to self isolate but was told if she had had a mask one it would have been fine (contact was outdoors walking the dog with a neighbour).

Don't know if they have got wrong end of stick though.

I had to self isolate after having 1 minutes contact with a positive case where we both wore a mask, yet my wife who wears the same masks and sees numerous covid patients a day hasnt had to... strange. 

35 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I read a report that in London at least suicide call outs are up by 20% and have doubled since 2015.

I'd take the Samaritans tweet with a pinch of salt as there is a policy from government to suppress publicity of suicides as it's felt that they are a clustering phenomenon. 

Questioning the accuracy and impartiality of the Samaritans - a charity who's sole purpose is suicide prevention - is a pretty punchy call even for this thread. 

Well that’s me now officially been told I’m doing my bit for keeping Dundee in Level 3.  I’m Positive. Wife and bairn negative. 

Been told my isolation period ends on 15th but they’re stuck in until 23rd. I can literally taste the seethe. Well I would if I could fucking taste anything.

Well that’s me now officially been told I’m doing my bit for keeping Dundee in Level 3.  I’m Positive. Wife and bairn negative. 

Been told my isolation period ends on 15th but they’re stuck in until 23rd. I can literally taste the seethe. Well I would if I could fucking taste anything.
If it's any consolation, your time on here has shown us that you probably dont deserve taste anyway.

Hope you come through it unscathed though.

Someone in my work just been told to self isolate but was told if she had had a mask one it would have been fine (contact was outdoors walking the dog with a neighbour).
Don't know if they have got wrong end of stick though.
Everyone that gets identified as a close contact is entitled to check the reason. Many are then removed from the requirement if their story checks out and they are not a close contact.

I had to self isolate after having 1 minutes contact with a positive case where we both wore a mask, yet my wife who wears the same masks and sees numerous covid patients a day hasnt had to... strange. 
You could have challenged if you thought the decision was wrong.

22 minutes ago, superbigal said:
1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You could have challenged if you thought the decision was wrong.

Im still waiting for the phone call back from public health a week since my isolation was over. My wee boys nursery was closed a fortnight ago too and the track and trace people said that the nursery were to decide who had to isolate as they were too busy. 

On 11/11/2020 at 14:50, superbigal said:

So Key updates since yesterday.  Cases 7 days per 100K to 8th november drop from 153.3 to 151.2.  1st drop in a week.

Time to focus on who was relegated yesterday.   

Angus 78.3 to 84.3   So no problem with move to Tier 3 as still increasing

Fife 106.3 to 11.9   so similar comments.

P&K  96.7 to 100 so again all good.

I will not pass comment on the high scoring Tier 3 areas for a few more days.   Suffice to say Glasgow City is still rising now at 310.4 cases per 100K.

Tier 3 clearly a resounding success  !

So todays update just released.  Cases 7 days per 100K to 9th November another drop for the 2nd day from 151.2 to 148.1.   Looking a little more detailed at the relegated trio to check if their surges headlined are continuing before tomorrows shift.   MMMMMM

Angus unchanged at 84.3,     Fife down a tad to 111.1,  P&K  also down to 97.4.     So those huge rises were just caught at the perfect moment for ScotGov to publicise, and at least for today look a bit less reliable as a measure of relegating said Councils.

Glasgow is still at 298.2 ,    Renfrew surging and now at 282.0,     They have absolutely no excuse for not being relegated to the Europa league Group 4 of death.  When will she pull the trigger ?   Maybe they know where all the cases are coming from and the changes from Tier 3 to 4 will make no difference.  My educated guess is closing down the shops etc would not help, and there simply is no solution for the fine residents of Glasgow and Paisley.

Aberdeen City now down to 32.4   absolutely ridiculous that they cannot be moved into Tier 1 along with the Shire.  

Edited by superbigal

Questioning the accuracy and impartiality of the Samaritans - a charity who's sole purpose is suicide prevention - is a pretty punchy call even for this thread. 

It’s interesting and I’ve refrained from commenting because everyone’s mental health is different, and I don’t want it to sound like “I’m alright Jack”.

I live Southside of Glasgow, but my job involves me being in London /Rugby /Sheffield 3 or 4 days a week. Since March I have had one night down south, and work wise I’m at least as effective. I’m missing people, but not the drudgery of travel and nights in hotels alone. For me, my mental state is 10x better than before.

Covid has had a positive impact on my mental health, and I won’t be the only one.

I absolutely feel for those it has affected negatively.

I can only speak for my experience in and around renfrewshire, but the number of folks adhering to rules has slipped. What grinds my gears most is that in our household we’ve followed the rules to the letter and the vast majority of folks who are flouting them were the arsehole neighbours who made the biggest deal about putting rainbow signs up and banging pots but think nothing of having fireworks displays and halloween parties with their pals. Then when it comes to mask use its largely the auld dicks who wear them as chin hammocks and cant deal with social distancing in shops. Even in the gym its the auld duffers congregating around the machines etc. Given that im not surprised to see rates rising, but if we change to tier 4 its just going to be the same, folks like me and the mrs will go with the new rules but the same arseholes causing the issues will ignore and the situation wont improve long term. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What will be done to Save Are Christmas?

A well deserved day off for the virus on 25th December?

Sturgeon's comments about January being a potentially very difficult time suggest that there'll be some sort lift of lifting of 'family gatherings' and then we'll be punted into a lockdown from January 4.

If we could actually just bin January altogether - work, education etc. - and just keep essential services running then that would be a good idea every year tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I can only speak for my experience in and around renfrewshire, but the number of folks adhering to rules has slipped. What grinds my gears most is that in our household we’ve followed the rules to the letter and the vast majority of folks who are flouting them were the arsehole neighbours who made the biggest deal about putting rainbow signs up and banging pots but think nothing of having fireworks displays and halloween parties with their pals. Then when it comes to mask use its largely the auld dicks who wear them as chin hammocks and cant deal with social distancing in shops. Even in the gym its the auld duffers congregating around the machines etc. Given that im not surprised to see rates rising, but if we change to tier 4 its just going to be the same, folks like me and the mrs will go with the new rules but the same arseholes causing the issues will ignore and the situation wont improve long term. 

The situation has got little to nothing to do with people 'sticking to the rules' when it is now i) sustained at a community level of transmission and ii) indoor Petri dishes of 30 households are being set up across the area five days a week to see who can spread what to a new household.

I am glad the sensible residents of these areas on pandb agree that whether Glasgow/Renfrewshire was in tier 1 / tier 4 or on fuckingg Mars the behaviour of the mass unwashed would not change.

The awful reality is it probably needs a large rise in the death rate of these feral people for them to take notice.

A bit like the schools why can the government not just say it as it is.

That's the best bits, apart from going to pubs, restaurants and football matches you wouldn't normally get to.

It’s fine at the start, and I actually do miss it a bit, but when it is 3 nights a week, every week for years on end, it loses some of its sparkle.

I also used to look forward to flying. Now, the thing most likely to affect my mood is walking into security at Glasgow Airport and sizing up the people in the queue. I can almost unerringly pick out the ones who won’t take off their belt, jacket, or will leave all their liquids in their luggage.