Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

The whole fucking point of the four tier system is to provide that flexible response within easy to follow tiers. Now we've got a tier 0.5 rocking up because the government can't go two weeks without making some ridiculous halfway house decision for the sake of it.

Five tiers

39 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Two professors both members of the UKs vaccine advisory committee giving media interviews today. One said he expected that life should be pretty much back to normal after the first quarter of 2021, the other said he fully expects measures such as SD, home working and face covering still being the norm until this time next year. Clearly no one has a clue how this immunisation program will play out at this stage.

Clear as mud then, I wouldn't be against mask wearing during the flu season and think that shops should be made to keep hand sanitiser dispensers round the shops

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I would take that from most people when I clearly got the wrong gist from a brief piece on Newsnight, and am ignorant on the basics, but not from someone who thinks global warming isn't an issue because we're past peak oil.

That last bit shows you are crazed zealot. Try reading up on what is actually happening in the present day:

rather than staying in a timewarp from 20 years ago on issues like that in which governments still have to intervene to have any hope of creating a sustainable economy because renewables couldn't compete with fossil fuels. Not the case any more and solutions on storage and the mass adoption of electric cars are just around the corner now rather than distant pipe dreams.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Why have cases in Angus rose so much?

Dodgy Bridies/Smokies?

When Kerr's miniature railway shut the weekend event was quite well attended- but that was about 3 weeks ago.

When cases go up that much in proportion surely someone should be trying to find the main causes and do something about it..unless it really is the schools after all.

Dodgy Bridies/Smokies?
 When Kerr's miniature railway shut the weekend event was quite well attended- but that was about 3 weeks ago.
When cases go up that much in proportion surely someone should be trying to find the main causes and do something about it..unless it really is the schools after all.

Apparently most of the cases are in arbroath but we are all lumped in together. Smokie b*****ds

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Can those in Level 1 meet inside a house yet, or is that bit of the plan still ripped up too?

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Yes they can unless the person has came back from a higher tiered area

Unless the BBC are completely wrong here (post updated 4 hours ago copied and pasted below), this just shows that the tier system, which was designed to make things clear, is failing miserably seeing as Aufc's post above contradicts this somewhat. 

Level 1

Six people from two households can meet indoors if they are resident in Shetland, the Western Isles and Orkney. This does not apply to the other council areas. Level 1 sees a "reasonable" degree of normality. Hospitality has a 22:30 curfew. Events, like weddings, would be restricted to a maximum of 20 people. Indoor contact sports for adults are not permitted. Only those unable to work from home should go to their place of employment.

• Highland
  • Moray
  • Orkney (indoor visits allowed)
  • Shetland (indoor visits allowed)
  • Western Isles (indoor visits allowed)

4 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Where can I go for a pint. And what accent should one use 🤔

The rural Highlands, and a southern English white settler accent should see you good seeing as anyone can convincingly mimic that.

"a gin and tonic and a pint of lager you slag"

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Why?

20201110_191511.jpg

If you're going to quote from an unlinked site, you might as well show as much balance as they do.

Changes in position regarding the use of masks in the community 

In early April, the CDC reversed its orientation especially based on the role that people without symptoms can play in the transmission of the disease. 

ECDC also changed its position in April.

However, with numerous precautions that are mirrored in this table of advantages and disadvantages of wearing a mask in the community (p. 3).

9fxElXO4P4tVjqB7p6mkwMfIADMnRDp8c4p9TcM0

https://theblindspot.pt/2020/10/29/mascaras-na-comunidade-estamos-a-seguir-a-ciencia/

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

People on here seem genuinely furious that people in Glasgow can still go for a cup of coffee and visit the gym.

Ahhhh, when I heard it spoken I thought they were being allowed to visit Jim.  Thought that was a bit weird.

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Unless the BBC are completely wrong here (post updated 4 hours ago copied and pasted below), this just shows that the tier system, which was designed to make things clear, is failing miserably seeing as Aufc's post above contradicts this somewhat. 

Level 1

Six people from two households can meet indoors if they are resident in Shetland, the Western Isles and Orkney. This does not apply to the other council areas. Level 1 sees a "reasonable" degree of normality. Hospitality has a 22:30 curfew. Events, like weddings, would be restricted to a maximum of 20 people. Indoor contact sports for adults are not permitted. Only those unable to work from home should go to their place of employment.

• Highland
  • Moray
  • Orkney (indoor visits allowed)
  • Shetland (indoor visits allowed)
  • Western Isles (indoor visits allowed)

The BBC is not completely wrong. Aufc is. 

Dodgy Bridies/Smokies?
40,000 people come into Dundee every day from Fife, P&K and Angus. There are parts of P&K (eg Invergowrie, Birkhill etc) and Angus (Monifieth) where, if there wasn't a sign, you wouldn't know where Dundee began/ended.

Not surprised that those areas have risen - possibly partly due to the initial rise in Dundee.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The BBC is not completely wrong. Aufc is. 

That was my discrete intended point.  Unless Aufc is a complete simpleton, it shows that the tier system is failing if every day people are havering s***e.  F*** knows how many other people he's passed this 'info' onto, who then pass it on to others, and so on... (like a virus funnily enough).

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Is this a government leak or has it been confirmed!?

They are keeping things under wraps because they need to see what happens with Edinburgh if Griffiths potentially makes an impact as a sub. 

Things look grim for Dundee, Fife and Ayrshire though contributing 0 players per 100,000 residents.

That was my discrete intended point.  Unless Aufc is a complete simpleton, it shows that the tier system is failing if every day people are havering s***e.  F*** knows how many other people he's passed this 'info' onto, who then pass it on to others, and so on... (like a virus funnily enough).

Nah to be fair i was just being daft. I thought the only areas in level 1 were the three islands hence why i assumed it was every area

Havent even had a discussion with anyone about tbh