Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

But their numbers are still much larger than angus. Looking at the below, how can they possibly have angus in the same tiers as glasgow and lanarkshire?

I don't know tbh. Maybe because, as you say, your numbers are rising and theirs are stabilising? I think the calculation is based on more than just the numbers on that chart, but I agree it looks odd.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

But their numbers are still much larger than angus. Looking at the below, how can they possibly have angus in the same tiers as glasgow and lanarkshire?

. IMG_4108.jpg

Imagine your area being called a VL on an official government statistic.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

. IMG_4108.thumb.jpg.8b5741016042f6c49e7adef650a5f4cf.jpg
That chart is misleading. N and E Ayrshire both were given notice they might be heading down to L2 while South was out on notice that L4 wasn't out the question yet that graphic has them all identical.

Disappointed fife has moved into tier 3 but not surprised. Tiers are a good idea but possibly saying that we were better than other areas gives a false sense of security.
Without a proper track and trace system we need to lockdown entire areas when it would just need to isolate a few streets or even a care home etc.
World class track and trace eh.

21 minutes ago, Aufc said:

. IMG_4108.jpg

P.S. Here's what Sturgeon said today:

I can confirm that we have taken the very difficult, but in our view necessary and precautionary decision to move Fife, Perth & Kinross and Angus to level 3 from Friday.

While on the raw indicators alone, Angus and Perth & Kinross are not yet meeting the level 3 thresholds and Fife is meeting just one of them, all three areas are on a sharply rising trajectory.

The most recent data shows that, in the space of a week, the 7 day number of cases per 100,000 of the population has increased in Perth & Kinross by 32%, in Fife by 40%, and in Angus by 47%.

The advice of the Chief Medical Officer and National Clinical Director is that level 2 restrictions may well not be sufficient to slow down and reverse increases of this magnitude and, as a result, an early move to level 3 was strongly recommended.

I know how disappointing this will be to residents and businesses in these areas.

However, and this is an important point, by acting now, we can hopefully prevent an even more serious deterioration in the situation in future.

I thought the Oxford vaccine didn't prevent you getting Covid, but rather made the risk of serious illness lower?

Now, following an announcement a different vaccine prevents you catching it, it suddenly prevents you catching it too?

Lanarkshire and Glasgow provide the vast majority of the Scotland team. Marshall, O'Donnell, Robertson, Gallagher, Tierney, McGinn, and McGregor .

Therefore if we beat Serbia on Thursday they willl be dropped down to Level  1 to celebrate the achievement over the weekend. Letters of congratulations from Nicola will  be sent to smaller contributing areas such as Aberdeen, Mudgeeraba,  Preston and Inverness.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

P.S. Here's what Sturgeon said today:

In other words, the SG are once again ripping up their framework / routemap at the first opportunity?

I don't know why the bother publishing these things, if they aren't planning on sticking to them.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

In other words, the SG are once again ripping up their framework / routemap at the first opportunity?

I don't know why the bother publishing these things, if they aren't planning on sticking to them.

Aye, get rid of the Government and have an algorithm sort it.

The most recent data shows that, in the space of a week, the 7 day number of cases per 100,000 of the population has increased in Perth & Kinross by 32%, in Fife by 40%, and in Angus by 47%.

The advice of the Chief Medical Officer and National Clinical Director is that level 2 restrictions may well not be sufficient to slow down and reverse increases of this magnitude and, as a result, an early move to level 3 was strongly recommended.

I thought the Oxford vaccine didn't prevent you getting Covid, but rather made the risk of serious illness lower?
Now, following an announcement a different vaccine prevents you catching it, it suddenly prevents you catching it too?
Braw, five different vaccines then.
Zombies incomming.

I have no issue with angus going to tier 3. The numbers are rising. However, the cases in glasgow and lanarkshire are still much larger (even if they are stabilising).
They were also looking at the rate of increase as well - not all surprised that those 3 councils were moved into tier 3 - anyone seeing the figures was saying it was likely

I was surprised they did not move Glasgow and the Lanarkshires into tier 4 - must be giving it another week or 2.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It does make a mockery of having criteria.  Aberdeenshire obviously being one that I am interested in.  Meets Tier 1 criteria but is placed in Tier 2 and at review is still in Tier 1 criteria but remains in Tier 2.  The carrot and stick approach doesn't work without the carrot and I am sure that there will be plenty in this area taking the attitude that if the "rules" can be disregarded by those making the decisions then it is reasonable for those affected by such decisions to also disregard them.

Edited by strichener

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Or maybe just don't repeatedly publish things you have no intention of sticking to...

You think they should ignore any other possible factors? I don't see how the decision making can be reduced to a neat table where every possible variable is balanced out.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

You think they should ignore any other possible factors?

The factors that they consider were included in the tier recommendations when they were published. There's literally no point in doing so when you then pull out an additional factor that isn't tied to the objective criteria of their rankings but trumps the rest of it. That is back of a fag packet nonsense.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My stats published earlier today had the rises as 29%,  39% and 51%   so I demand a stewards enquiry.

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Lanarkshire and Glasgow provide the vast majority of the Scotland team. Marshall, O'Donnell, Robertson, Gallagher, Tierney, McGinn, and McGregor .

Therefore if we beat Serbia on Thursday they willl be dropped down to Level  1 to celebrate the achievement over the weekend. Letters of congratulations from Nicola will  be sent to smaller contributing areas such as Aberdeen, Mudgeeraba,  Preston and Inverness.

Is this a government leak or has it been confirmed!?