Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Nearly 1600 cases today, very strange jump from what we've seen over recent weeks. Anything changed recently for the majority of the central belt?
Think there might have been more tests carried out. Scrolling through the comments on Twitter and saw it mentioned that about 29,000 tests had been done which is higher than normal.

Think there might have been more tests carried out. Scrolling through the comments on Twitter and saw it mentioned that about 29,000 tests had been done which is higher than normal.
6.3% positive. Not sure how that compares. Had a quick look but covid coverage is in shorter supply whilst the Americans embarrass themselves on a colossal scale

17 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Nearly 1600 cases today, very strange jump from what we've seen over recent weeks. Anything changed recently for the majority of the central belt?

Good to see the restrictions working. We should do more of them.

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The Orthodox Partriach of Montenegro died last week of Covid whose existence he denied suggesting prayer would cure all ills.

It is customary to kiss the body of the departed at a funeral there. Now the Partriach of Serbia and other mourners have caught pneumonia like illnesses.

Religion eh...

They never kept 2 mitres apart then... 

This Danish / Mink thing must be causing some big concern. All Danes banned from entering the UK. 

Apparently only 12 cases of the new mutation and none since September. Plenty scientists sound pretty sure it won’t have a huge impact on the vaccines and even they think it may have petered out already.

Abundance of caution I guess.

On 06/11/2020 at 14:33, superbigal said:

Todays figure to 3rd November is 145.7 so unfortunately another small rise for 3rd day in a row.

Most places are dropping.

Fife 90.8 to 97.7  so 2 days in a row in the chart risers.

Inverclyde 106.7 to 127.2  big rise

Perth & Kinross hits the pop parade 76.3 to 84.2  not too significant

However Stirling 84.9 to 121 is a disturbing rise   They had a total of 68 cases in the previous 7 days to 27th October and now a total of 121in the most recent 7 days to 3rd November recorded.

So the large jump reported for yesterday will not be reported in the local cases till Monday which I also believe is less than a coincidence with the review due on Tuesday and Furlough till March available.

Anyway the official figure to 4th of November for cases in the proceeding 7 days per 100k has gone from 145.7 to 146.7 so the 4th day in a row of small rises.  Todays culprits and good guys are

Dundee are doing well in tier 3 with continued decline from 148 to 130.6

Inverclyde continues to surge from 127.2 to 146.5 so a 40% rise in 2 days

South Ayrshire and South Lanarkshire are  still not dropping and up again.

We really should be expecting bigger drops from areas in Tier 3 like Glasgow city by now and it is just not happening.

Todays figures certainly point towards Tier 4 for the original Tier 3 incumbents.  Suspect Dundee is the only area reacting as it should and should be safe in 3 for another week.

Fife has also continued its small rise probably towards tier 3. I suspect Stirling will also be relegated to tier 3

Edited by superbigal

31 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So the large jump reported for yesterday will not be reported in the local cases till Monday which I also believe is less than a coincidence with the review due on Tuesday and Furlough till March available

👀

What's everyone's views on the traffic light system prior the supermarket entry?    

Is the red/green light sufficient or should an amber light be introduced to show the 'market is close to capacity?   

Red/Amber: "Get ready to enter"

Amber: "Get ready not to enter"

So the large jump reported for yesterday will not be reported in the local cases till Monday which I also believe is less than a coincidence with the review due on Tuesday and Furlough till March available.
Anyway the official figure to 4th of November for cases in the proceeding 7 days per 100k has gone from 145.7 to 146.7 so the 4th day in a row of small rises.  Todays culprits and good guys are
We really should be expecting bigger drops from areas in Tier 3 like Glasgow city by now and it is just not happening.
Todays figures certainly point towards Tier 4 for the original Tier 3 incumbents.  Suspect Dundee is the only area reacting as it should and should be safe in 3 for another week.
Fife has also continued its small rise probably towards tier 3. I suspect Stirling will also be relegated to tier 3

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure North Lanarkshire cases are dropping?

If so then then I won't forgive smellies from the south for dragging us down.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure North Lanarkshire cases are dropping? If so then then I won't forgive smellies from the south for dragging us down.

They did drop a lot initially but seems to have slowed down.   

7 Oct - 192

14 Oct - 280

21 Oct - 367

28 Oct - 294

4 Nov - 268

It will be some time till they drop a level.

They did drop a lot initially but seems to have slowed down.    
7 Oct - 192
14 Oct - 280
21 Oct - 367
28 Oct - 294
4 Nov - 268

It will be some time till they drop a level.
As long as we go don't go up a level but I'm not overly confident.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

None of the above worthwhile goals will happen whilst we are still chained to the U.K.

More like it won’t happen whilst the SG have insensitive twats like Devi advising them. According to her all you need to do is take a walk in the park when the sun is out, or basically suck it up as we’re all in this “shit soup” together 

Stirling is already tier 3

20 hours ago, superbigal said:

So todays released figures to 5th November show another rise for 5th day in a row from 146.7 to 150.2 per 100K infections 7 days to Nov 5th.

Some good guys 

Aberdeen down from 44.2 to 35.9 in their quest for tier 1  Must try a little harder.

Dundee City as well continue to behave and drop again from 130.6 to 125.2  Still at least another week in tier 3

Some badguys

Angus continue their rise in 2 days from 55.1 to 72.3  and could be threatened with tier 3 soon.

East Ayrshire up again 147.5 to 162.3 

East Renfrewshire with a similar jump from 217.7 to 229.2

Fife another rise from 100.9 to 108.7 looks doomed to Tier 3 on Tuesday. The care home riddled in Crossgates with 25 cases does not help.

https://www.nhsfife.org/news-updates/coronavirus-updates/2020/cases-of-covid-19-associated-with-private-crossgates-care-home/

Inverclyde another huge rise for 3rd day from 146.5 to 163.2

North Ayrshire rises today while its next door neighbour drops.

Perth & Kinross also moving to tier 3 possibly with another rise from 85.6 to 96.1

Stirling still upwards from 125.3 to 138.   Got their tier wrong sorry but certainly deserved of tier 3 now.

Renfrewshire rising again and no sign of any sustained drops in Lanarkshire or Glasgow.

I think tier 4 looks inevitable for many of the tier 3 councils on tuesday.

Edited by superbigal

So todays released figures to 5th November show another rise for 5th day in a row from 146.7 to 150.2 per 100K infections 7 days to Nov 5th.
Some good guys 
Aberdeen down from 44.2 to 35.9 in their quest for tier 1  Must try a little harder.
Dundee City as well continue to behave and drop again from 130.6 to 125.2  Still at least another week in tier 3
Some badguys
Angus continue their rise in 2 days from 55.1 to 72.3  and could be threatened with tier 3 soon.
East Ayrshire up again 147.5 to 162.3 
East Renfrewshire with a similar jump from 217.7 to 229.2
Fife another rise from 100.9 to 108.7 looks doomed to Tier 3 on Tuesday. The care home riddled in Crossgates with 25 cases does not help.
https://www.nhsfife.org/news-updates/coronavirus-updates/2020/cases-of-covid-19-associated-with-private-crossgates-care-home/
Inverclyde another huge rise for 3rd day from 146.5 to 163.2
North Ayrshire rises today while its next door neighbour drops.
Perth & Kinross also moving to tier 3 possibly with another rise from 85.6 to 96.1
Stirling still upwards from 125.3 to 138.   Got their tier wrong sorry but certainly deserved of tier 3 now.
Renfrewshire rising again and no sign of any sustained drops in Lanarkshire or Glasgow.
I think tier 4 looks inevitable for many of the tier 3 councils on tuesday.

I'm hoping for more of the same from Dundee to get to tier 2 so that i can get my face mask off whilst teaching (which is fucking annoying).

That and getting back into the snooker hall, as that's left a hole in the middle of my week.

Care commission report from only a few weeks ago at the care home in Crossgates

Pretty damming on infection control.

In evaluating quality, we use a six point scale where 1 is unsatisfactory and 6 is excellent

How good is our care and support during the COVID-19 pandemic? 2 - Weak

7.2 Infection control practices support a safe environment for people experiencing care and staff 2 - Weak

Re a previous outbreak

During an outbreak of COVID-19, the application of strict infection control procedures is important to make sure people are safe. We found the performance of the service in relation to infection control practices to support a safe environment, particularly during COVID was weak.

https://www.careinspectorate.com/index.php/care-services?detail=CS2003040561

Edited by superbigal