Jump to content
ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Don't worry, after Brexit we'll fall out big time with the Germans and declare war. Nothing boosts the economy like a war. We're probably going to be the baddies this time though.

Good. They get better uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

 


Unless I’ve read it wrong the study subjects had not all been in the ICU -only 18% had been hospitalised.

 

Aye but all the subjects (99%) are reporting four or more symptoms believed to be related to Long Covid.

My reading off it is that all they found in the mild cases were minor heart problems but they couldn't rule out that they existed pre Covid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aye but all the subjects (99%) are reporting four or more symptoms believed to be related to Long Covid. My reading off it is that all they found in the mild cases were minor heart problems but they couldn't rule out that they existed pre Covid.

 

Long-term term chronic fatigue seems to be one of the main symptoms - which is not surprising - most viruses are capable of causing post-viral fatigue that can last weeks if not months.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Good. They get better uniforms.

A sneak peek at what we'll be looking at

Spoiler

394975.thumb.jpg.bc99c96a3b719a4f12b0189dd81b1468.jpg

Can't wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question for you fellas. Why is it that Italy, who got out on the UK quarantine list last week, give compulsory tests on entry to UK visitors but when they return home they have to be isolate for 14 days?

The result of the tests are emailed within a day meaning negative results don't need to isolate beyond that. Oh and it's free.

 Why can't the UK do the same?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

This guy didn't like that long covid study

 

 

The lack of control group was pretty much my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The lack of control group was pretty much my point.

*Reads back what you actually wrote about it*

Mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Quick question for you fellas. Why is it that Italy, who got out on the UK quarantine list last week, give compulsory tests on entry to UK visitors but when they return home they have to be isolate for 14 days?

The result of the tests are emailed within a day meaning negative results don't need to isolate beyond that. Oh and it's free.

 Why can't the UK do the same?

Probably because you could catch it on the flight before it would show up in a test. As for the reason we aren't testing at the border its because that is the UK Governments prerogative and they are too busy shoving the contacts to their palls who are, surprise surprise, doing a bad job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Czech football & hockey ultras are currently gathering in Prague's Old Town Square, presumably so they can pass the virus around and keep the sports locked down.

You'd think after the shame of being beaten by Scotland they'd go into a month's lockdown to get rid of the virus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

*Reads back what you actually wrote about it*

Mm.

Not the first post, that was just assumption and prejudice.

But as I said in the second 99% of 200 subjects who had  Covid reporting 4 symptoms tells you nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Detournement said:

The biggest giveaway is the study is 70% female.

Which means they could only find 60 men claiming to have Long Covid.

I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Can you think of any reason why they would choose to make it 70/30?

No, but I'm a little uncomfortable with where your mind leapt when presented with this information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

...Are we seriously suggesting that they ( New Zealand) got it wrong?

Too early to tell on whether Sweden or New Zealand will come out of this looking like the country that achieved something on public health policy that others didn't.  New Zealand need access to a vaccine pronto so they can achieve herd immunity and exit their lockdown policies or it could easily all still turn out to have been a collosal and futile waste of time and squandering of economic resources over something that now appears to be in the same ballpark on IFR as an unusually bad flu season (and definitely nothing like as bad as H1N1 influenza in 1918).

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Too early to tell on whether Sweden or New Zealand will come out of this looking like the country that achieved something on public health policy that others didn't.  New Zealand need access to a vaccine pronto so they can achieve herd immunity and exit their lockdown policies or it could easily all still turn out to have been a collosal and futile waste of time and squandering of economic resources over something that now appears to be in the same ballpark on IFR as an unusually bad flu season (and definitely nothing like as bad as H1N1 influenza in 1918).

In which of the unusually bad flu seasons did we have 45,000 deaths. In the summer. Where we had to implement a strict lockdown to stop ICU units being overwhelmed?

What's your evidence for IFR of COVID being in the same ballpark as flu given most reports now seem to be coalescing between 10-20 times higher.

Even the IFR was the same the R number for COVID is much higher than seasonal flu.

By all means criticise govt policy in handling the outbreak but anyone questioning the seriousness of the disease is a gold plated moron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...