Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's also bollocks. The idea that all Swedes unwavering obey everything their Government say, whilst here we would all do the opposite is laughable. You only need to look at their bars, restaurants, shops etc throughout the last 7 months. The government advised people to avoid them, yet they were never empty. It's almost as if it is a convenient excuse.

Perhaps our bars etc would not be packed full of people either on the rare occasion they are allowed to open if people knew that they could nip out for a pint to meet a friend whenever they wanted, mind, rather than wondering if they will be open in a week or so, or whether they will need to buy a steak pie to keep them safe with their pint.

The issue here is many pubs tend to be full of older, unhealthy men who are killing themselves slowly anyway and are unlikely to be overly concerned about the prospect of speeding things up. 

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Todays figure to 31st october 7 days positive figures in Scotland is 141.8 so it has dropped another 2.25%

7 day cases dropped 16.69% since "the peak" on 25th October.

thanks for that - interesting and a wee bit positive too

Always wanted to ask.......is it Super Big Al or Super Bi Gal....?

Todays figure to 31st october 7 days positive figures in Scotland is 141.8 so it has dropped another 2.25%

When I checked yesterday it had fallen in 26 out of 32 LAs since 24 October - of the remaining 6 councils the rise was negligible in 5 of them. The one council where there was a significant rise was still only up from around 180 to 200.

47 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Good to see this happening. Does anyone know why there were so few tests done over the last couple of days (about 11k a day - lower than we've been doing for some time).

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Good job! Todd was my go-to-man for the numbers a few months ago. Glad you've picked up the mantle 😀👍

42 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

thanks for that - interesting and a wee bit positive too

Always wanted to ask.......is it Super Big Al or Super Bi Gal....?

In every p&b blokes fantasy it’s the latter.

21 minutes ago, bendan said:

Good to see this happening. Does anyone know why there were so few tests done over the last couple of days (about 11k a day - lower than we've been doing for some time).

Less people picking up colds etc from their kids being at school?

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

I believe my profile and picture is pretty clear that I am not of a particular gender keen on munching rug.

Check your elbows. If there are carpet burns you could be mistaken. 

Edited by welshbairn

Thursday and Friday are when most care homes are done iirc so the numbers at the end of the week are always higher.

In theory there should also be less people coming forward for testing as they should be following guidance and therefore not coming into contact with others infected.

Bit puzzled as to why we've (as far as I know) heard nothing from either Ross County or Elgin City. Or moreover the SFA. Both clubs in tier one and fans as stadia therefore permissable, albeit with restrictions.

Country play on Friday and could have fans there - surely something they'd be keen to see happen. I've long suspected that the SFA will not allow fans until OF fans can attend. Beginning to look that way now.

Edited by Steven W