Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I have to say I saw nothing of the sort that Johnson gave any such guarantee and was surprised it was reported, although granted I may well have missed it. 
He 100% did in his exchange with DRoss in the parliament debate yesterday, even confirmed when pressed it would be accessible in "the future" but that I suppose could be twisted to mean anything especially when you take into account it came from the mouth of a pathological liar.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, Michael W said:
I have to say I saw nothing of the sort that Johnson gave any such guarantee and was surprised it was reported, although granted I may well have missed it. 

He 100% did in his exchange with DRoss in the parliament debate yesterday, even confirmed when pressed it would be accessible in "the future" but that I suppose could be twisted to mean anything especially when you take into account it came from the mouth of a pathological liar.

Fair enough. Granted I would assume the world was going to end if Johnson told me the sun would rise tomorrow morning, seems he gave something and Ross has gone with it. 

9 hours ago, Michael W said:

All Whitty really has to say is that he told Johnson to tighten restrictions month ago, that Tier 3 might not be enough and that he should've implemented the circuit breaker. He can quite easily chuck the PM under a bus whilst he's explaining the charts - that one works both ways. 

It's not a bad thing that they're called in front of the committee to explain things when the government has been ruling by decree for months. Unfortunately, this hearing will no doubt be hijacked by MPs looking for the headlines and wanting to know when granny can hug her grandaughter again and to ensure the schools remain open because little Kayden spent the whole time pieing his school work off in April. 

Aye, and telling the truth in front of a government committee worked out well for Dr David Kelly

Don't go for a walk alone on Harrowdown Hill.........

Somehow this makes Douglass Ross seem more inept. I didn't think that was possible, but here we are.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d read bits and pieces of this “great reset” from people on Twitter. I originally thought it was just another conspiracy theory. Interesting to see a mainstream magazine like Time delving into it 

99C1772F-D1C6-40AD-AFF3-1A16B1033A63.png

The what now?

6 minutes ago, renton said:

The what now?

In short, a theory that the epidemic is manufactured as a vehicle to essentially force a complete cultural change worldwide and reset the damage done by climate change.

At least I think that's what it is in this context. I've seen it applied to the fall of capitalism as well.

Edited by djchapsticks

Sorry Todd, but looks like your poster child has succumbed the forces of the dark side,

"Four Swedish regions, including those encompassing the country’s three largest cities of Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmo, have introduced tougher coronavirus restrictions.

The new guidelines vary slightly between areas, but include staying away from non-essential shops and avoiding malls, gyms, museums and public transport.

People have been asked to avoid physical contact with those they do not live with. Officials have also warned against hosting or attending dinners or house parties.

The new guidelines will remain in place until at least 17 or 19 November, depending on the region. Other existing recommendations remain in place, such as working from home if you can do so and staying in if you have any coronavirus-like symptoms."

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sorry Todd, but looks like your poster child has succumbed the forces of the dark side,

"Four Swedish regions, including those encompassing the country’s three largest cities of Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmo, have introduced tougher coronavirus restrictions.

The new guidelines vary slightly between areas, but include staying away from non-essential shops and avoiding malls, gyms, museums and public transport.

People have been asked to avoid physical contact with those they do not live with. Officials have also warned against hosting or attending dinners or house parties.

The new guidelines will remain in place until at least 17 or 19 November, depending on the region. Other existing recommendations remain in place, such as working from home if you can do so and staying in if you have any coronavirus-like symptoms."

Is a guideline to stay away from a gym the same as closing a gym?

Edited by Detournement

29 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d read bits and pieces of this “great reset” from people on Twitter. I originally thought it was just another conspiracy theory. Interesting to see a mainstream magazine like Time delving into it 

99C1772F-D1C6-40AD-AFF3-1A16B1033A63.png

I don't think Time mean the same as your friends on Twitter. Here's the article.

https://time.com/collection/great-reset/5900748/klaus-schwab-capitalism/

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Is a guideline to stay away from a gym the same as closing a gym?

The argument here was they were better closed and that would mean the owners could claim loss of earnings, or through insurance or something. No idea if any of that would apply to Sweden 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

The argument here was they were better closed and that would mean the owners could claim loss of earnings, or through insurance or something. No idea if any of that would apply to Sweden 

Gyms all over the country have been busy since they reopened. They aren't a sector that suffered from lack of demand (or were likely to).