ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m worried about this as well. Will still vote SNP to achieve the overall goal of independence, but it’s becoming harder and harder to justify even for me, never mind for those who aren’t fully decided one way or the other. 

People like this have a vote.

My god, this country is fucked.

fox sports 1 win GIF 

Revealed: Top secret images from inside Holyrood show the Scottish Government's decision making policy.

And I say this as a non-drinker who isn't that fussed about pubs. 

Edited by super_carson

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Does anyone who is watching this think these new restrictions are going to make any significant difference? 

It's a shit show from govt as it probably won't make much difference.

On the other side it's a shit show from the chicken littles who, despite a week of getting themselves in a frenzy about lockdown 2, are determined to get in just as much of a frenzy about erm.. not being able to have a pint for a fortnight.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Ultimately it's the virus which is driving the restrictions and not politics, hence we have had local lockdowns in Wales (Labour Gov) and local lockdowns in England (Conservative Gov).

But of course people don't want to acknowledge this as they see it as an opportunity to "SNP bash", hopefully the majority of our electorate can see through all the lies and insinuations.....

1 minute ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Did she say people in the central belt shouldn't leave? I didn pick that up, she did defintely say not to cancel hotels and trips away.

Yes, along with Ayrshire & Arran, Forth Valley and a couple of others. This fucks the whole hotels staying open idea as well as I’ve no idea what I’m allowed to do now. The hotel can stay open, so I’m guessing they won’t be refunding me, but I’m not allowed to travel “unless you have to”. Well, if I’m not getting refunded a few grand, then I fucking have to and will be going.

Utter shambles.

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

What a fucking monumental waste of time.  

And repeat cycle every few months until there is a vaccine.

You have to learn to live with it, not crash your economy, your health service, your people's mental and physical health.

I wonder why it's not starting until Friday though.  Pesky libraries.

Don’t be silly, it’s THE PUBS. Personally think all pubs and bars should just shut the whole pub and alcohol industry down for good, it appears it’s the only route for the spread.

I can sort of see the logic of taking the chance when schools are off to also have folk out of pubs but you'd have to think leaving them open to serve lemonade is just going to permanently close more than a few places.

Jesus f**k how have shopping centres survived this. 

I'll allow schools while disagreeing as it's obviously a line not to be crossed but fucking hell this is a bad decision. 

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I can sort of see the logic of taking the chance when schools are off to also have folk out of pubs but you'd have to think leaving them open to serve lemonade is just going to permanently close more than a few places.

For pubs outside the central belt, staying open without being able to serve alcohol is surely worse for them than being closed completely with financial support from the government.

1 hour ago, FFCinthearea said:

Jockoland Utopia where viruses ignore historical borders.

Falkirk are making a very weird push for gammoniest fans on P&B 2020.

I suspect the £40m announced will be hoovered up by the pubs forced to fully close. I feel more for the ones in Dundee than Edinburgh and Glasgow.

This is absolutely shite. It isn’t unique to Scotland, there’ll be similar measures in the north of England and quite possibly Wales by the end of the week, it’s already happened in Paris and Marseille and Ireland/Spain are heading down a similar route for the hospitality sector.

However quite how Western Europe have landed here is ridiculous. Genuinely ridiculous.

Has there been any mention if people in bubbles are still allowed to meet indoors? 

A hilarious blaming of hospitality, with not a peep about the schools. 
Three folk at my work went for covid test.
All have primary school kids.
Must be pubs though even though two of them don't drink.

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

For pubs outside the central belt, staying open without being able to serve alcohol is surely worse for them than being closed completely with financial support from the government.

Surely most of them will just close?  Would selling coffees and juice cover the cost of staff wages etc?

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Is it? I thought pubs and restaurants made more of their money through selling food? 

I can see plenty of new pet shops opening up in the Central Belt.

80509064_3139473966069406_53244560146599