Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yeah Andy Burnham has came out looking bad today

Tories from working-class, ex-industrial powerhouses realising that traditional Tories don't give a shit about anyone north of the Watford Gap:

38dyxn.png

It is of course entirely possible that both parties come out of something looking bad. 
The Government for being what it is and Burnham for having achieved absolutely nothing. 
I think burnham has looked like genuine opposition, and i wish he was leading the labour party instead of starmer.

Someone who I was out with on Friday has just tested positive for Covid. Am I right in thinking that I don’t need a test unless I show symptoms and should otherwise just self-isolate?

If you want a test you would have to lie then. The form you fill in calls for you to confirm certain symptoms twice. 

Even if you get a test and are negative you isolate.

Saying that you only isolate (by law) if he shops you to the tracers and you get a text.

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
51 minutes ago, Michael W said:
It is of course entirely possible that both parties come out of something looking bad. 
The Government for being what it is and Burnham for having achieved absolutely nothing. 

I think burnham has looked like genuine opposition, and i wish he was leading the labour party instead of starmer.

He's been all over the place and has contradicted himself several times during the last couple of weeks. He's also called for the measures now in place in Manchester to be applied across England as a whole, whilst simultaneously opposing them in Manchester.  

He's done a good job of opposing the government through some quick soundbites, but has ultimately achieved nothing. I'll give him one thing - this might be the first time the beigest man in the Labour party has had an original thought in his life. 

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With WHO coming out and saying lockdowns are pretty ineffective, I wonder why so many are bleating on about how we should have a second lockdown 🤔

I think you need to read that article again. 

Mancs on Twitter going on as if they are Russians in the siege of Stalingrad. Only those pubs which do not serve "substantial meals" will close, all other pubs and restaurants still open. The household restrictions are tough but hey, in Scotland we'd had that for 4 weeks now.

#ToriesOut is trending and, as much as I agree with the idea, Greater Manchester voted in 9 Tories out of 27 constituencies with the Tories having 35% of the vote compared to Labour's 48%. The north of England voting Tory is a major part of why they have an 80 seat majority.

41 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
45 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:
Someone who I was out with on Friday has just tested positive for Covid. Am I right in thinking that I don’t need a test unless I show symptoms and should otherwise just self-isolate?

Self isolate and get tested.

Even confirmed close contacts don't need a test unless they show symptoms.

He's been all over the place and has contradicted himself several times during the last couple of weeks. He's also called for the measures now in place in Manchester to be applied across England as a whole, whilst simultaneously opposing them in Manchester.  
He's done a good job of opposing the government through some quick soundbites, but has ultimately achieved nothing. I'll give him one thing - this might be the first time the beigest man in the Labour party has had an original thought in his life. 
He wants a tough lockdown - but only if those at the bottom of society are looked after in terms of government support.

That's not the ridiculous position you paint it as.

If you're not providing support for the poorest, then let them keep going to try and keep their jobs and pay the bills.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Even confirmed close contacts don't need a test unless they show symptoms.

It’s an asymptomatic virus though? Not saying you’re wrong but if we are doing track and trace properly then all contacts of a positive tester should be tested and all their contacts as well.

I thought that was the point of the app? To trace people before they spread it about when they’re asymptomatic? If not then what’s the point?

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Mancs on Twitter going on as if they are Russians in the siege of Stalingrad. Only those pubs which do not serve "substantial meals" will close, all other pubs and restaurants still open. The household restrictions are tough but hey, in Scotland we'd had that for 4 weeks now.

#ToriesOut is trending and, as much as I agree with the idea, Greater Manchester voted in 9 Tories out of 27 constituencies with the Tories having 35% of the vote compared to Labour's 48%. The north of England voting Tory is a major part of why they have an 80 seat majority.

Exactly, you could still have a decent day out in the pub and go to the non-league football. I'd rather have that than go visiting family.