Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Guess that's the closest we are going to get to a Great Leap Forward from the SNP on this now that the Long March is well behind us. Be different from England by being more proactive on lockdown easing for a change. A real Cultural Revolution. 

It was a couple of maths teachers that had it previously at Holy Cross. Maths teachers are unsurprisingly friendless loners who spent break times and lunch times doing practice sums for fun, and their entire teaching ouvre involves writing some pages on a board, handing out textbooks and saying "Go" then spending the rest of the time, surfing websites about programming commodore 64s in machine code and saying "Shhh" loudly to any kid that breathes out of turn. 

I'd be very surprised if these to all intents and purpose 21st century hermits passed the virus on to anyone else at all. 

Must be a different vector. 

Edited by madwullie

15 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Rumours that Rishi Sunak is drawing up financial plans for a full lockdown of the North West of England. Hospital admissions could be overwhelmed within 4-6 weeks there if current trajectories keep up.

Probably cheaper to build a wall round it. 

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Surprised it took you so long to come support the rest of the clique.   

Make that 5 clowns of the apocalypse.

Still no acceptance of your bullshit? Just going to continue on falsely accusing people of saying things then? 

VT has got right into your head with the over the top stuff and it’s clouding your judgement.

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

That's now 82 people with the virus in two care homes, one in West Lothian and one in Edinburgh. There have been deaths, no numbers yet.

There's been some talk that the testing process has fallen down in these cases - some people in these care homes have waited a week for their results.

I took my two year old for a test last week and we got the result in less than 12 hours, I can't understand how a care home could leave people waiting a week.

For all the talk about schools on this thread, some of the charts posted about locations of Covid incidents show that there are still  high numbers of care home outbreaks, very worrying.

Edited by ICTChris

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

There's been some talk that the testing process has fallen down in these cases - some people in these care homes have waited a week for their results.

I took my two year old for a test last week and we got the result in less than 12 hours, I can't understand how a care home could leave people waiting a week.

For all the talk about schools on this thread, some of the charts posted about locations of Covid incidents show that there are still  high numbers of care home outbreaks, very worrying.

My gran's care home has had its first positive cases in the last few days, having been one of the few homes not to have had any Covid cases since the outbreak began. Luckily she isn't one of the positives.

They only started letting people visit again in the last couple of weeks (one visitor allowed per week). Needless to say they have stopped visits for the timebeing.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

It was a couple of maths teachers that had it previously at Holy Cross. Maths teachers are unsurprisingly friendless loners who spent break times and lunch times doing practice sums for fun, and their entire teaching ouvre involves writing some pages on a board, handing out textbooks and saying "Go" then spending the rest of the time, surfing websites about programming commodore 64s in machine code and saying "Shhh" loudly to any kid that breathes out of turn. 

I feel personally attacked by this post

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

"It's obviously dependent on the prevalence of the virus decreasing. He is going to come back to us with what that actually looks like, because we need to know what those numbers need to get to before we can allow that just to give everyone clarity."

I wouldn’t want to be basing my clubs future on the whims of the Scottish Government.