Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

We opened one sector earlier than the rest of the UK, and it rhymes with "fools"

BuT wHeRe’S tHe EviDeNcE?!?!1!!1

9 hours ago, Gaz said:

UK / Scottish Governments: you can't go abroad in the summer, why not organise a Staycation for the October Holidays?

Also UK / Scottish Governments: LOL JK we're actually going to close everything during the October Holidays so you and your weans will be stuck in the hoose for 24 hours a day

Public:

It’s incredibly annoying that you continue to lie to us and have now chosen to effectively cancel all the holidays that you told us to book, to avoid inconveniencing the schools.

Governments:

I wonder if the main reason for the circuit breaker is that they foresee a natural drop in cases during the school holiday period anyway, so to avoid it exposing the charade that schools are safe, COVID-free environments, they can put us in lockdown and when cases go down they can point to that rather than the fact the schools were off.

Absolute tinfoil hat nonsense

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I wonder if the main reason for the circuit breaker is that they foresee a natural drop in cases during the school holiday period anyway, so to avoid it exposing the charade that schools are safe, COVID-free environments, they can put us in lockdown and when cases go down they can point to that rather than the fact the schools were off.

Fucking hell.

People are trying very hard now to convince themselves they are being lied to.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Yes. And then schools and pubs reopen simultaneously, cases rise and it's the pubs which have ruined Christmas when we shut down over the school holidays over Christmas.

site, did yoy just from Christian best boy, that 1 was good.

You would have thought they’ll be hoping the herd immunity thing happens in time, either through a vaccination programme or through the number of people catching it and recovering. If there isn’t a vaccine how long will it take before enough people have caught it to develop herd immunity? Have the scientific/medical advisors decided if herd immunity is possible for COVID-19?

Everyone keeps mentioning swedens herd immunity, but I haven’t looked at the figures. I think you are right, it may take a few years and we all might possibly have it in one form or another, whether that full blown hospital admission through to being asymptomatic, and it will arrive that way.

I mean, there are something like 700,000 school age children in over 5000 Schools in Scotland, in close contact with each other on a daily basis.

If School children were the main drivers for infection do we really think it'd only be driving 800 cases a day?

We know they are only responsible for about 8% of positive infections on a weekly basis.

Edited by renton

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

What in the ever loving f**k are you even trying to say?

people dead in uk, then swfen  its sick

, then we post of other countrirs,    uk best the world, rule britannica  (socked the cock) Scotchland

I mean, there are something like 700,000 school age children in over 5000 Schools in Scotland, in close contact with each other on a daily basis.
If School children were the main drivers for infection do we really think it'd only be driving 800 cases a day?
We know they are only responsible for about 8% of positive infections on a weekly basis.
Try telling that to the 4 clowns of the apocalypse.

26 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Probably better to return your focus to catching Bigfoot if this is the sort of paranoid nonsense you’re going to contribute to this discussion. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

We know younger people are more likely to be asymptomatic, which doesn't stop someone passing the virus onto someone else. Indeed, someone who is asymptomatic can pass it onto someone else who is also asymptomatic and so on until someone becomes ill and gets tested.

The contact tracing system has been proven to be as good as useless.

What cannot be denied is cases have surged in every country where schools have returned, notably in the UK, France and Spain. Not just a small increase either like when hospitality, barbers, gyms, etc, reopened. A huge increase.

Italy had the virus under control despite having an awful first wave. Schools returned later (on 14th September) and in the last few days they have recorded their highest daily case numbers in 5 months.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Correct. I'm currently in gym just now and it's absolutely spotless, everyone far apart, no dramas. 

I work from home every day, sit in front of a PC, interact very little with anyone apart from my partner and this will be the case for the foreseeable. Aside from my work, all I have just now to keep me sane is the gym as I literally do nothing else. 

My partner built her own hairdressing salon in a separate building on our property and runs it as a legitimate business. Although it's on our property, there is no crossover from our home, it even has its own toilet so no one actually comes into our house. She has gone to massive lengths to ensure this is as legit as possible and follows every guideline, equipment cleaned in barbicide, all surfaces wiped, strictly one in at a time. 

The thought that she's worked so hard to get this business started and has broken no rules but has to close for the foreseeable is a huge mental and financial stress on both of us. 

Straight from the Tory handbook. I always find it amazing when Scots turn full Tory. 

We know younger people are more likely to be asymptomatic, which doesn't stop someone passing the virus onto someone else. Indeed, someone who is asymptomatic can pass it onto someone else who is also asymptomatic and so on until someone becomes ill and gets tested.
The contact tracing system has been proven to be as good as useless.
What cannot be denied is cases have surged in every country where schools have returned, notably in the UK, France and Spain. Not just a small increase either like when hospitality, barbers, gyms, etc, reopened. A huge increase.
Italy had the virus under control despite having an awful first wave. Schools returned later (on 14th September) and in the last few days they have recorded their highest daily case numbers in 5 months.
So why are there not hundreds of adult staff off with infections?

Infections are being driven by multiple factors not just one.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

So schools go back early August and this is the current state of play. What is your theory?

6867F31B-E1AB-4951-A234-726095BDA0CA.jpeg

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So why are there not hundreds of adult staff off with infections?

Infections are being driven by multiple factors not just one.

I don't know the numbers of staff off with infections. Again, people can have the virus and be asymptomatic. It doesn't stop them passing it on to others.

No one said they aren't being driven by multiple factors. The schools going back will have resulted in different behaviour from adults who were previously at home most of the day because their kids were home. They may be visiting friends or family or businesses more regularly which has contributed to increased infections. There are thousands of examples you could think of. That is still a consequence of one sector being reopened without restrictions.