Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Did you see the Middlesbrough mayor the other day telling the Govt to f**k off with their new rules.... Could be witnessing the start of people with significant public/responsibility standing agaisnt the govt here. It wont get fans into football but it will shift public opinion IMO. Could be the clearest evidence yet that we are reaching the end of willingness to comply. It was always going to come.
The guy really is a p***k.

He was begging the government for a local lockdown, and that was his reaction when it was given to him.

5 hours ago, superbigal said:

So I have just been co-operating with the "over zealous" contract tracers 1st line management.

One of my 5 operators felt unwell on Thursday and I advised him to stay off and get tested.  He tested positive on Friday and by this morning the other 4 have been "advised" they must self isolate.   All good in theory.    However none of the team work in close proximity to each other and certainly have not met the cumulative 15 minutes within 2 metres in the previous 48-72 hours rule.

So what happened.  The poor young lad positively tested was asked for literally everyone he worked with.  Those that use potentially the same toilets. He declared everyone had their own workspaces and did not share any tools etc but they still demanded all the names.

I was involved as the manager as they needed to get the phone numbers which I proceeded to hand over. 

The 1st line tracer even asked if I ever enter the individual workspaces and would likely have added me to the isolation list if they could have.

Anyway so far this morning I have had 3 out of 3 taken of the contacts/isolation list as they should not have been on it to start with.

I think the Scotgov appear to literally be trying to isolate everyone even where it is clear they should not be.

The proof of the pudding for me is seemingly the poor lads football team who he trains with twice a week outdoors for 2 hours have all also been automatically sent the isolation text.

If they were training under the correct guidlines that is absolute bullshit.

Hopefully those guys will be able to fightback like I was able to do with my work team..

You sound like a shite boss.

Edited by VladimirMooc

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

After politely calling Devi a roaster after her earlier tweet, she's now blocked me.

I'm devastated.

I'm curious...

How do you politely frame calling someone a roaster? 

In this context, why would you want to?

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

Stop moaning. 

Theres lots of people working jobs where social distancing isn’t possible and PPE isn’t practical. 

Stop moaning? Is this the first you’ve encountered @D.A.F.C ?

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Not sure what's worse, the pointless fashion mask or that awful mental image  :shutup

Christ almighty it must be depraved if it’s got the forum’s resident deviant shocked!

1 hour ago, VladimirMooc said:

I felt bad about the latter part so edited it. I’m sure he’s a lovely guy.

But if my boss was arguing with contact tracers to try and make me continue to come into work I’d be getting my union involved. 

Fair play - that clarifies it for me.

Whether or not I agree with it is another matter.

47 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Stop moaning? Is this the first you’ve encountered @D.A.F.C ?

Christ almighty it must be depraved if it’s got the forum’s resident deviant shocked!

I’ve actually got him on ignore 😂 

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Looks like the BBC have just hosted a thinly veiled Tory political broadcast directed to a politically neutral civil servant.

I would be absolutely for a political debate on football and what can be done. But Douglas Ross telling clubs it's a political matter without saying what decision he would reverse to allow football to take place is utterly cowardly and exactly what I would expect of a conservative leader.