Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Got as far as Halbeath and turned back, wise move from the the man.

Very wise move, best not to leave the ancient capital.

24 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

It would be interesting to see, if and how many have been infected by going to the events.

I'm guessing none otherwise the council would be snowed under with compo claims. But as far as my understanding goes, the reason it's banned it because how many people 1 carried of the virus would infect.

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I got a text at work yesterday saying I’ve been in close contact with someone who has tested positive and that I have to self isolate until next Wednesday. Got a phone call a couple of hours later and the lady explained in more details of the self isolation. Very quick and efficient and also very calm and friendly, as I can imagine a lot of people would have been freaking out on the phone to her after receiving the text.

All fine, she did say though that she would email me the outlines of what I’m meant to do, however I haven’t received that email yet. I’m thinking maybe she had written my email address down wrong. 

Anyone else been through the above? Did the email take long to land after the call? This was about 6 o’clock last night. 

I feel absolutely fine, FWIW. No symptoms or anything but will of course adhere to the advice given.  

Why just Wednesday.

If you’re a close contact but do not live with the person who has tested positive or in an extended household with them, isolate at home for 14 days from the last day you had contact.

A plonker in my work has just named everyone as close contacts even though absolutely none of them are.   Turning into a bunfight over the weekend.

Edited by superbigal

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:
She's at it again

I love the replies and furthermore, am beginning to think shes reads this thread.

If she does read this, Devi, you are a ray of sunshine in our lives and you're lovely.

If she doesn't, what a pile of shite.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Why just Wednesday.

If you’re a close contact but do not live with the person who has tested positive or in an extended household with them, isolate at home for 14 days from the last day you had contact.

A plonker in my work has just named everyone as close contacts even though absolutely none of them are.   Turning into a bunfight over the weekend.

The day of contact was the 24th (last Thursday). 

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'm guessing none otherwise the council would be snowed under with compo claims. But as far as my understanding goes, the reason it's banned it because how many people 1 carried of the virus would infect.

This is what I was also thinking, which I believe the trace and search (sorry not up to date with the Scottish version). Is working.  Meaning, getting back to "normal" unless you are  personally called out as positive or contact.  The rest can get on with it, including restricted gatherings.

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

The consequence of lockdown is that the virtue signalling middle class working from home on full pay have been able to pass their risk from covid on to the vulnerable and those on lower incomes all at the expense of the third world.

And all while destroying the livelihoods of millions of the working class.

The rich have got richer and the poor have got poorer. 

Pretty fucking rich coming from you Mr Mao. Starvation was your choice of death to the nation, maybe you should shut up a little, before I have a rebellious enlightenment, and put you to the sword of the people, you love so much.

If you do have anything worthwhile to post or engage in, I will...if not.  Call me, maybe?

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

I see the Daily Mail is still insisting on the the connection between the weather and the larger numbers of people contracting the virus in the north of England.

Those bloody storms, migrating from the continent to Britain and wreaking havoc as usual. 

9 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

The consequence of lockdown is that the virtue signalling middle class working from home on full pay have been able to pass their risk from covid on to the vulnerable and those on lower incomes all at the expense of the third world.

Your point being?

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Your point being?

I believe he think it not 100% going to work.

Don't give the poor food or access to the means, has been a proven success, this virus nonsense just confuses everyone.