Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Is it possible that Trump could die and still be elected President if they keep it quiet enough? They could get a chimp to use his Twitter feed to maintain the illusion.

His pal Kim Jong Un's dad and granda are still technically in charge of North Korea after all.

I think I might prefer that to a Pence Presidency and the inevitable End of Days that would ensue.

7 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'd like to think if I was at death's door, I would still be posting on The Pie and Bovril.

“We’re all at death’s door A92 (nine-two). Some of us are wiping our feet on the doormat, whilst others have shoved their old boys through the letterbox”

- Oscar Wilde, 1996

12 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/1622749/council-misunderstanding-as-crowds-wrongly-allowed-at-fife-stock-car-races-breaking-coronavirus-rules/

Council ‘misunderstanding’ as crowds wrongly allowed at Fife stock car races, breaking coronavirus rules

Spectators have been attending Lochgelly Raceway for weeks.

Crowds of spectators have wrongly been allowed to attend stock car racing in Fife after the council misinterpreted national coronavirus rules.

Lochgelly Raceway has been told to stop letting fans onto the terraces after an investigation by the Scottish Government’s clinical advisors, who saw pictures of people gathered at the venue, on social media.

It is understood “walk-in” race fans had been attending for several weeks, despite a ban on spectators at sporting events amid fears over social distancing as Covid-19 continues to spread.

Fife Council has admitted it gave incorrect advice to organisers and apologised for the error.

National clinical director Professor Jason Leitch said yesterday he had been left disappointed when he saw the photographs of spectators on the terraces in Lochgelly.

“I first saw it on social media and we investigated it,” he said.

“It would appear that the wrong information was given to organisers.

“That has now been corrected. There should not be crowds at that sporting event.”

Nigel Kerr, Fife Council’s head of protective services, said safety was of the utmost importance.

“We have apologised to the organisers of this event following a misunderstanding over the correct guidance.

“The appropriate advice has now been given and following discussion, the raceway have agreed these events should stop for now.”

Cannae get football fans in stadiums, but we can get fans in for stock cars… pic.twitter.com/0jWsDKhyvw

— Manzie (@mnz116) September 27, 2020

Annoying that they didn't even try to socially distance, if they had, a claim could have been made that it proves it's possible to socially distance in a stadium.

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/1622749/council-misunderstanding-as-crowds-wrongly-allowed-at-fife-stock-car-races-breaking-coronavirus-rules/

Council ‘misunderstanding’ as crowds wrongly allowed at Fife stock car races, breaking coronavirus rules

Spectators have been attending Lochgelly Raceway for weeks.

Crowds of spectators have wrongly been allowed to attend stock car racing in Fife after the council misinterpreted national coronavirus rules.

Lochgelly Raceway has been told to stop letting fans onto the terraces after an investigation by the Scottish Government’s clinical advisors, who saw pictures of people gathered at the venue, on social media.

It is understood “walk-in” race fans had been attending for several weeks, despite a ban on spectators at sporting events amid fears over social distancing as Covid-19 continues to spread.

Fife Council has admitted it gave incorrect advice to organisers and apologised for the error.

National clinical director Professor Jason Leitch said yesterday he had been left disappointed when he saw the photographs of spectators on the terraces in Lochgelly.

“I first saw it on social media and we investigated it,” he said.

“It would appear that the wrong information was given to organisers.

“That has now been corrected. There should not be crowds at that sporting event.”

Nigel Kerr, Fife Council’s head of protective services, said safety was of the utmost importance.

“We have apologised to the organisers of this event following a misunderstanding over the correct guidance.

“The appropriate advice has now been given and following discussion, the raceway have agreed these events should stop for now.”

Cannae get football fans in stadiums, but we can get fans in for stock cars… pic.twitter.com/0jWsDKhyvw

— Manzie (@mnz116) September 27, 2020

Surely Fifers have a high level of immunity to most viruses?

Seriously though, common sense should have told them that this wasn't the smartest idea...

Here's a surprising one. 

Speaking to a German pal in Hannover this morning. The big local grudge derby with Braunschweig is today with a max crowd of 9,800 fans (stadium holds 49k)

They've only sold 7,000 tickets. 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surely Fifers have a high level of immunity to most viruses?

Seriously though, common sense should have told them that this wasn't the smartest idea...

^^^ Never been to Lochgelly imo

34 minutes ago, PWL said:

Here's a surprising one. 

Speaking to a German pal in Hannover this morning. The big local grudge derby with Braunschweig is today with a max crowd of 9,800 fans (stadium holds 49k)

They've only sold 7,000 tickets. 

7000 people who are going to have a good day out. 

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to explain here in relation to my post since we are heading for winter in this country with restrictions in place.

The inference is clearly that the pandemic only accelerated there when winter started. I doubt that myself and think the difference between the two countries is down to the UK having far, far more international travel.

Edited by Detournement

I got a text at work yesterday saying I’ve been in close contact with someone who has tested positive and that I have to self isolate until next Wednesday. Got a phone call a couple of hours later and the lady explained in more details of the self isolation. Very quick and efficient and also very calm and friendly, as I can imagine a lot of people would have been freaking out on the phone to her after receiving the text.

All fine, she did say though that she would email me the outlines of what I’m meant to do, however I haven’t received that email yet. I’m thinking maybe she had written my email address down wrong. 

Anyone else been through the above? Did the email take long to land after the call? This was about 6 o’clock last night. 

I feel absolutely fine, FWIW. No symptoms or anything but will of course adhere to the advice given.  

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

“We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.”
⁃George Orwell

I think you will find it was actually Cheryl Cole who said that. Her stance softened in later years however.

Too much of anything can make you sick
Even the good can be a curse (curse)
Makes it hard to know which road to go down
Knowing too much can get you hurt

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Annoying that they didn't even try to socially distance, if they had, a claim could have been made that it proves it's possible to socially distance in a stadium.

It would be interesting to see, if and how many have been infected by going to the events.