Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m down in Ayrshire, i could tell you plenty of hills down this way. Further up Conic Hill and Arthur’s Seat are good ones and can be done in 2 hrs max

Does "Conic Hill" not just mean Hill hill?

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

I vote for the Space hit "Neighbourhood", as it will evoke a sense of community that is much needed in these hard times.

ETA: At number 4 there lived a man called Ted, he caught covid and now he's dead.

Aross from Ted was Todd and his wee dog Rover,

"As a Health Crisis we know the 'Rona's over."

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

20200923_102019.jpg.2d81fbf38f01deeb1a95b7bb9c4adb59.jpg

Game's gone

The snippy parent brigade wanting literally every single other activity binned with the exception of their state childcare is as bad as the gammons voting for Brexit/Tories in 'so long as ahm okay' arsehole stakes. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

New daily record for new cases today and % of total tests positive just shy of 8% !

You'd expect a high percentage of positives when you can only get a test if you have Covid symptoms, unless you work in a care home.

I've got no appetite for football returning short of a return to normal btw. This desperate attempt to get some sanitised, home game only nonsense with your average jobsworth steward trying to control '2 metres!!!!!' social distancing every 15 seconds version of the experience is not doing it for me at all. Nor does the prospect of paying fifteen fucking pounds or more to watch some two-bob live stream of a Championship game. 

Chuck the lower and non leagues in deep freeze with similar government support to the live events industry (whenever that actually comes) until we are in Phase 4 of lifting restrictions. 

Edited by vikingTON

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

New daily record for new cases today and % of total tests positive just shy of 8% !

A 26% increase in cases in one day, and they are only going to keep heading in one direction.

Hopefully the pubs closing a couple of hours earlier will help though. 

Elephant-in-the-room.thumb.jpg.35fbc5216530d1d761668a0df91e53ea.jpg

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

I've got no appetite for football returning short of a return to normal btw. This desperate attempt to get some sanitised, home game only nonsense with your average jobsworth steward trying to control '2 metres!!!!!' social distancing every 15 seconds version of the experience is not doing it for me at all. Nor does the prospect of paying fifteen fucking pounds or more to watch some two-bob live stream of a Championship game. 

Chuck the lower and non leagues in deep freeze with similar government support to the live events industry (whenever that actually comes) until we are in Phase 4 of lifting restrictions. 

They should base league standings this year on which team's supporters do the best posts on this forum

Edited by NotThePars

A 26% increase in cases in one day, and they are only going to keep heading in one direction.
Hopefully the pubs closing a couple of hours earlier will help though. 
Elephant-in-the-room.thumb.jpg.35fbc5216530d1d761668a0df91e53ea.jpg
Why do you keep referring to this mythical elephant when stats show it's clearly shite. You and VT keep plugging a line that the figures debunk daily. Schools are nowhere near the top vector for the current spike but you appear to be willing to perish on this mountain along with your pal from Greenock.

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'd personally much rather the government pay them to play BCD (Streamed, and potentially shown to small socially distanced crowd) than pays them to not play at all. Even as an armchair fan, having something to watch at the weekends is far preferable to more repeats of Come Dine With Me.

1 hour ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Regardless, if this is possible then so is limited numbers at sporting events.

Convince me otherwise.

If we round the capacity of my club's ground to 13,500, and accept that to maintain social distancing there has to be one empty seat to the side of you in each direction, plus the one you're sitting in, thats 9 seats per person.

That means the absolute maximum crowd we could have, using every available part of the stadium, is 1,500.

We'd be out of business within 5 games. It's absolutely pointless.

Just now, Donathan said:

I'd personally much rather the government pay them to play BCD (Streamed, and potentially shown to small socially distanced crowd) than pays them to not play at all. Even as an armchair fan, having something to watch at the weekends is far preferable to more repeats of Come Dine With Me.

I agree. Paying people to do stuff is better than paying for nothing. 

1 minute ago, Al B said:

If we round the capacity of my club's ground to 13,500, and accept that to maintain social distancing there has to be one empty seat to the side of you in each direction, plus the one you're sitting in, thats 9 seats per person.

That means the absolute maximum crowd we could have, using every available part of the stadium, is 1,500.

It might be a bit pointless, but how can you still be in business with no crowds, but would be out of business with small crowds?

In preparation for a season with no Falkirk games, and respecting the fact that I cannot support another football team, it might be time to start compiling a list of misfortunes I want to see happening/can really root for across the Scottish Premiership and the "Barclays".

Re English football, VAR continuing to be a hilarious omnishambles is a given. The worse the decision, the happier I will be.

Other suggestions are welcome, with particular focus on Old Firm misery.

But anyone from the same household or bubble would be sitting beside eachother