Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Going into the toilets etc is flashing past someone in a matter of seconds. A contact according to T and P or the app is 15 minutes within 2 metres. There is absolutely no reason why you would reach that level at the football. Passing someone briefly, standing pissing next to them, passing them in their seat.... All of these are very brief encounters that are happening presumably masked up and outdoors.

I honestly dont see why these things are being made into an issue at football.

One of the things the Rovers chairman said in a recent interview was that in his discussions with the Dundee United board, the latter had been pleasantly surprised at the uptake in PPV. 

I suppose one of the things the clubs are thinking about is the tip over point at which its economical to open the ground vs. Maintaining the PPV stream. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Going into the toilets etc is flashing past someone in a matter of seconds. A contact according to T and P or the app is 15 minutes within 2 metres. There is absolutely no reason why you would reach that level at the football. Passing someone briefly, standing pissing next to them, passing them in their seat.... All of these are very brief encounters that are happening presumably masked up and outdoors.

I honestly dont see why these things are being made into an issue at football.

I think the point they're getting at is everyone wants to go for a piss or a pie  at half time which could be problematic to control, especialy as you well know with the amount of crabbit auld c***s that go to games and don't take a telling

2 minutes ago, renton said:

One of the things the Rovers chairman said in a recent interview was that in his discussions with the Dundee United board, the latter had been pleasantly surprised at the uptake in PPV. 

I suppose one of the things the clubs are thinking about is the tip over point at which its economical to open the ground vs. Maintaining the PPV stream. 

Stenhousemuir getting their camera set up for live streaming , trialied for the friendly against Dunfermline,  we won't be at games this year lads

While I appreciate the societal importance of education compared to other areas which are facing restrictions, waiting for hard substantive evidence for the driver behind the spread of the virus and not taking action until that evidences emerges gives the virus more time to spread in the meantime; that approach for schools is the exact opposite of the approach we're taking with everything else.
There's also no hard substantive evidence that eg pubs are the driver behind the increase, but that hasn't prevented that already severely under pressure sector being given more hoops to jump through just on the off chance it helps as we need to limit indoor interaction between people from different households as much as possible. Introducing further restrictions in one area to limit that interaction is inconsistent when the places which have the most indoor interaction between households still carry on as normal, despite the opening of those areas perfectly correlating with the increase in cases.
The breakdown by age for daily new infections is best we have. I posted yesterdays there were 11 positives in the 5-15 age group. The next band covers up to 19 but it seems to me schools ain't the driver some assume they are especially given those 11 won't all have caught it at school. Far bigger issue is the ridiculous figure of 75% of those told to self isolate not complying imo. Blended learning would be chaotic for a lot of kids for a whole host of reasons. It looks for now as if both govts seem to be pretty steadfast that schools must remain normal.

That's my MiL been admitted to hospital last night. She was on day 14 of self-isolation having been exposed to a suspected covid case on the 8th/9th when she started to display symptoms. 5 hours later admitted [emoji17] 

I’m sorry to hear that mate.

Fingers crossed she is ok.

The problem with any large crowd (and the majority of clubs would have a very sizeable crowd for this purpose) is you can’t control them or enforce the social distance rules whilst they move about. 
How do you keep the crowd socially distanced when entering and leaving the stadium, going to the toilets during games etc? It’s fine once your sitting down but people won’t behave properly when moving around (similar to supermarkets where you see people wandering back and forward and chatting with their mates in the aisles etc). 
Pubs where you have table service and fewer numbers are easier to manage from that perspective. Tables and other surfaces are more easily cleaned on a regular basis etc. 
The toilet closest to me has 2 sinks and no hot water, this in a toilet with troughs that could easily have 30 people pissing at once ! Going to be massive queues with all the issues that brings for supervision. Clubs have got away with shite like this for years (stadiums one of the newest in the country ffs) and it needs to change to give us any chance of getting crowds back.

22 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I think the point they're getting at is everyone wants to go for a piss or a pie  at half time which could be problematic to control, especialy as you well know with the amount of crabbit auld c***s that go to games and don't take a telling

Well then stewards control entry to the toilets, and you close the pie stall after KO. None of these things are problems that cant easily be resolved. 

Do they somewhat dilute the matchday experience.... Well aye a wee bit maybe. But if it's that or no football? Every other experience is being diluted far more heavily eg pubs and restaurants

Also, clubs can communicate the rules to season ticket holders easily and it surely becomes easier to enforce with only seasons ticket holders in the ground. Step out of line and you can hand your ticket over there and then

Send the instructions out days before the game. Make them clear and concise. 

And as I type I realise I am saying all of this from a Falkirk pov, so maybe wont work quite as easily at busier grounds but the principles remain largely the same, so theres no reason why it shouldnt other than the headache of selecting who gets in

27 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Dont sell food, less risk. Get portable urinals in to grounds to increase toilet availability and be very strict with the measures re no walking around the ground. 

One thing to remember is that the governments have access to information that isn’t public, namely the test and trace and contact tracing information. I haven’t seen any indication that this data shows schools are a vector for infection rates rising. That doesn’t mean it does though, I don’t think this data has been published. Obviously there are significant privacy issues about it, I’m not sure it’s possible to publish even after redaction.

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont sell food, less risk. Get portable urinals in to grounds to increase toilet availability and be very strict with the measures re no walking around the ground. 

I had a rant on Linlithgow Rose’s thread about this yesterday. In a nutshell, if small businesses, namely pubs are allowed to stay open because they solely rely on customers to survive, then there’s no good reason why small businesses in football, i.e. lower league/non league clubs shouldn’t be allowed fans in attendance, especially since they too are reliant on customers and on the whole it’s already a far safer environment with regards covid transmission risk. Should be fairly straightforward to apply a series of simple control measures that can reduce risk further too.

Edited by 8MileBU

47 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Yeah pretty much this, especially if everyone continues the fine footballing tradition of going along shit-faced to a game. You aren’t going to get everyone to stand 2m apart when they are all trying to leave at full-time.

Edited by Jambomo

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Fine for men but what about the women’s toilets? They are bad enough for us anyway, especially queues as some grounds have much less in the way of women’s toilets than men’s. (I’m thinking of the Shed at Tannadice here!)

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Fine for men but what about the women’s toilets? They are bad enough for us anyway, especially queues as some grounds have much less in the way of women’s toilets than men’s. (I’m thinking of the Shed at Tannadice here!)

In terms of women supporters at the level I watch we have 3 toilets which are accessible to women, given average crowds of 200 and around 10-15% of that being female then provision is actually quite good.