Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Are you on your own? I watched the 4.30 pm press conference and they said the 14 days is for entire households to self-isolate, 7 days for the person who had it and 7 days for the others. I don't really remember why but it made sense at the time. Maybe if you're a billy no mates it's just the first 7 you need?

IIRC - 7 days of you being infectious and passing it on followed by 7 days of them being infectious and passing it on equals 14 days.

The UK Scout Association has just announced that all face to face activities "must" be cancelled until further notice, regardless of whether they're around each other at the same kids at school.  Certain leaders shall face the hardship of taking Friday nights off in place of dealing with a select bunch of ungrateful wee whippersnappers.

giphy.gif

A shame for the well-behaved ones though.  :(

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Well that's London weekend cancelled.

Plans have gone from cruise->London->Couple of days near Dumfries

Oh dear.  With your luck it will end up being a whole week in Dumfries.

Edited by Fullerene

As much as i have laughed and joked about this. I do worry a little bit about catching it. I work in the healthcare profession and so does my wife and it is a concern, more that i will get it and possibly pass it onto the boys. Plus i hate being unwell and unable to just get on with things. As far as i am aware i am healthy enough and should recover were i to get it. I just wouldn’t want the guilt of the family picking it up. I got a bit frustrated at the football the other week, where people still weren’t washing their hands, despite this getting worse and it being a possible way of preventing it spreading.

43 minutes ago, Binos said:

A 15 percent death rate is miles above anywhere else has experienced

Even Italy are at 7 percent and that's against only known tested cases

I have no idea about the projections, but I would say Italy are nowhere near the worst of it yet therefore the death rate is bound to increase with more strain on the system.

It's a separate point, but people are measuring the success of containment methods through time periods of a few weeks, when actually it's going to be many months before we see the full extent of measures countries are taking. Some countries will be holding back the virus relatively well in the short term but are just going to feel worse effects in a few months. People are holding up China as an example but I'll be interested to see in a year's time what their situation is like.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Well that's London weekend cancelled.

Plans have gone from cruise->London->Couple of days near Dumfries

In separate caravans I hope to comply with social distancing.

12 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Are you on your own? I watched the 4.30 pm press conference and they said the 14 days is for entire households to self-isolate, 7 days for the person who had it and 7 days for the others. I don't really remember why but it made sense at the time. Maybe if you're a billy no mates it's just the first 7 you need?

Mrs and 2 kids. Mrs works in the NHS so f**k knows how that will pan out. 

Just now, buchan30 said:

As much as i have laughed and joked about this. I do worry a little bit about catching it. I work in the healthcare profession and so does my wife and it is a concern, more that i will get it and possibly pass it onto the boys. Plus i hate being unwell and unable to just get on with things. As far as i am aware i am healthy enough and should recover were i to get it. I just wouldn’t want the guilt of the family picking it up. I got a bit frustrated at the football the other week, where people still weren’t washing their hands, despite this getting worse and it being a possible way of preventing it.

Anyone with any brains will be worrying, but hopefully joking too.  It’s actually all a bit surreal.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I went into my practice today as I genuinely needed to order my medication. The order form box was crammed full. 

I got a call from my surgery last week asking what my appointment for this Wednesday was for. When I explained what it was for I was told to go ahead. Nearly/all non urgent (or what is deemed non urgent) appointments have been cancelled. One of the doctors in the practice is taking no more appointments and is just seeing those those that are already booked.

Got a call from the hospital this evening saying my chest clinic review was off.

Anyone with any brains will be worrying, but hopefully joking too.  It’s actually all a bit surreal.

Thats me out then.

It is. I am not a kick in the arse off being 40 and i have never seen anything like this. The reaction, the measures being put in place etc. And i think that is what is worrying me. There doesn’t seem to be a set plan and it changes everyday.

Your posts in this thread remind me of Big Gay Al from south park.

Not really sure what that’s meant to imply, but cheers.

Anyway, guy at works neighbour text him earlier asking if they could use his freezer for a couple of weeks while he’s away, as they’ve “stocked up”. He told them to f**k off.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

It really is. If everyone actually behaves as requested then many businesses might go bust. I realise health is more important but society in general will take a while to recover. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

On a serious note, if this drags on for any length of time you can only imagine what the crime rate will be like as people hit serious financial problems. 

I've already sussed where I'd be robbing. 

The toilet roll warehouse?

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19

The latest advice in Scotland is above.

If you have the cough and high temperature you should isolate for 7 days. Everyone else in the household has to isolate for 14 days.

That's the advice now but it will no doubt change as and when required.

8 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Not really sure what that’s meant to imply, but cheers.

Anyway, guy at works neighbour text him earlier asking if they could use his freezer for a couple of weeks while he’s away, as they’ve “stocked up”. He told them to f**k off.