Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

My mum suffers from COPD as well but still insists on going to the bingo. She’ll not listen to any of the advice to stay put.

She won £100 last night, right enough. emoji19.png

Don't let her waste it, it's your inheritance.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

We were just told this afternoon by our CEO that the company cared about us, blah, blah, blah, however the upshot of all the bollocks was that the show must go on and everyone would still be expected to turn up to our large City City Centre office as usual.

School, you should've stuck in.

13 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Your man Idris Elba has tested positively for coronavirus yet has no symptoms.

Puts it all in to perspective. Thoughts and prayers.

Guest bernardblack

The videos of the lager louts in Benidorm are infuriating.

The second they get home and no doubt have the virus, they’ll be the first moaning about the lack of help etc.

Boils my piss

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think it's that simple. Who's going to watch the toxic kids when they're not at school, especially the offspring of key workers?

9 out of the the next 21 weeks are school holidays - 2 at Easter and 7 Summer. What is going to happen during that time?

If the government thinks it's a major issue then I presume they are making plans to assist these families over the holiday periods where exactly the issue you raise will be occurring. I think it's been raised elsewhere, but surely the last point at which you want snotty kids sent home from school to have to stay with their grandparents is just as the s**t hits the fan, which appears to be what is going to happen.

Heard today one of the options they are considering for schools is to shut them at the Easter holidays and not to open them again until after the Summer Holidays.
Seems to me the most logical solution is to finish this week, have a week (possibly two) of just 4th, 5th and 6th years to finish assignments, projects and folios and try to get through the course then have the schools shut from on then except for skeleton staff (headteachers, principal teachers, whatever) and pupils doing exams every until at least the end of the exams (or the end of the summer holidays). Spreads things out a bit while allowing the seniors more space (mentally and maybe more importantly physically) to prepare as best they can for their exams. No doubt the grade boundaries will be altered anyway.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

As long as you don't get deported because you're foreign.

Encouraging people to stay in the country, and anyone who lives here and isn’t in the country to return. My brother is getting married back home early in May. I think I’ll be covered for going to that, it should meet the “essential” travel criteria. Residency permit will allow me back in!

So the PM and FM give advice ‘self isolate if someone in the household is unwell’ but the wife has just had an email from public health to doctors advising that they’ve only to isolate if they themselves get unwell. The governments of Scotland and UK are utterly fucking the response to this. The NHS isnt ready, the ambulance service and police are woefully underprepared. We need to hope that enough people stay indoors to halt this or its gonna get really bad.

I don't get why the Guardia civil can't just treat them like a Catalonian election agent.

They can fine people on Spain for a lack of respect if I was the sort of fash c**t that joined the police I’d be hitting the expats daily for looking like that.

1 hour ago, red23 said:
f**k it i'll post it, 100% an old firm supporter, paranoid and full of rage. The comments section if you open it in facebook is just as bad.

Funny thing about you diddy cretins.  When it's a Rangers fan it's always 'sevco', 'zombie', 'fan of the deid club' etc yet when it's a fan of your beloved Hoops it's always The OF.

The president of France on Monday said he was ordering people in the country to stay at home for up to 15 days because of the coronavirus outbreak.President Emmanuel Macron said people should leave their homes only for essential duties, beginning midday Tuesday.

Macron said he was taking the drastic step of limiting people’s movements in France to reduce the risk of contamination from the virus.

He said any violation of the edict would be punished.

Putain!

Zut alors!

Feck!

First I get points for bad language on here , now I'll get the jail for going out in an irresponsible manner.

On a serious note, if this drags on for any length of time you can only imagine what the crime rate will be like as people hit serious financial problems. 

I've already sussed where I'd be robbing. 

Imperial College Covid 19 response team now saying that the "best case" scenario for the UK is 250,000. 30% of cases will end up in hospital and half of those will die. Their previously used models are a lot of shite.

This is some caper.