Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So Johnson and his advisers agree that the best thing at this stage is for people to stop all unnecessary public interaction but are unwilling to take the steps that other countries have to enforce this?

Complete abdication of responsibility by the Prime Minister.

Zackly! He hasn't closed the pubs, ( BOO! Bad PM) he has just told us not to go ( sensible PM)  but condemning publicans to business failure nonetheless.

Of course , if he closed them he might be expected to recompense them from Gov coffers.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think it's that simple. Who's going to watch the toxic kids when they're not at school, especially the offspring of key workers?

Their grandparents. What's the worst that could happen?

32 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is there such a thing as compulsory purchase for goods?

Would love the council to rock up at some of the hoarders houses, and impound all their stuff for 3p.

Man forced to donate 17,000 bottles of hand sanitiser after hoarding them to sell for a huge profit

Now, I don't agree with what he did, BUT it was in THE LAND OF THE FREE where capitalism and entrepreneurism reign supreme. 

If Trump or some other twat had done it on a massive scale it would be called business acumen.

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Their grandparents. What's the worst that could happen?

Who's going to look after them when the UK government inevitably closes the schools when there are 100k suspected cases roaming around the place as well? Oh that's right - the exact same people, exposed to a much higher risk of infection at that time. The question here is not whether they will close them but when it will happen: a sane country closes them when there are very few cases so that it doesn't spread to the people looking after them. Which is why countries on the continent have been closing them down with a fraction of the UK case total.

But some boffin and his 'let's get 40 million infected so we're not fucked again in November' model are at the wheel in the UK so this can't possibly go wrong.

Edited by vikingTON

Can’t believe I had the gall to notice the lack of paracetamols when I was in Tesco, on my lunch break, getting a £3 meal deal.

That’s because paracetamol isn’t part of the £3 meal deal. You should have got Skips instead.

51 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

That's a very good point and after today's clusterfuck at my practice my main concern.

Most of the day spent dealing with young fit timewasters either coming into the practice or blocking the triage with their calls as they're worried as somebody they know may have it.  Meanwhile they're ignoring all the advice about symptoms etc and self isolating if fit and well.

The knock on effect is shit.  Many people who do get need reviewed for pre existing conditions cannot get through.  We've pulled pre bookable appointments, going for emergency only which will mean not necessarily those who need it get through.

Other practices are not even seeing punters face 2 face and going down purely tele consult, I presume we will follow this soon.

So those regular older patients who are relatively healthy but need the odd check to tweak meds etc will be ignored as the masses phone in to demand treatment despite being fit and well.

The potential is then that an intervention that would keep the older patient out of hospital is missed.

There are signs all over the practice about not coming in but we were literally queued out the door by people wandering in for  tests for that Corona.

It's a shite state of affairs.

I went into my practice today as I genuinely needed to order my medication. The order form box was crammed full. 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Who's going to look after them when the UK government inevitably closes the schools when there are 100k suspected cases roaming around the place as well? 

I've got no idea mate, but I wouldn't get yourself too worked up about childcare issues as I doubt that'll be affecting you any time soon. 

My work (along with another company) is right at the forefront of producing the COVID-19 test kits. 

We are still working from the office on a 50% daily rota basis though that will likely change in the next couple of days. 

Hopefully they have a comprehensive employee screening programme in place given that you know, we are making the kits that screen folk!

Guest bernardblack
I went into my practice today as I genuinely needed to order my medication. The order form box was crammed full. 

I did this by email on Friday for the first time. Text at 330 today saying go collect it.

Very impressive service

18 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Now, I don't agree with what he did, BUT it was in THE LAND OF THE FREE where capitalism and entrepreneurism reign supreme. 

If Trump or some other twat had done it on a massive scale it would be called business acumen.

He did it in tennesse where there is an actual specific law against it. He'd have been fine in most states 

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've got no idea mate, but I wouldn't get yourself too worked up about childcare issues as I doubt that'll be affecting you any time soon. 

The behaviour of unhygienic, disease-spreading kids affects all of society during an epidemic champ, thanks for playing anyway.

Just now, virginton said:

The behaviour of unhygienic, disease-spreading kids affects all of society during an epidemic champ, thanks for playing anyway.

I think he meant that given the zero chance of you getting your end away in the next decade means you don’t need to concern yourself with childcare.