Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Ivor Cummins, AKA Fat Emperor, chemical engineer and self taught Patreon hoover. Think I'll give it a miss.

Why does Todd's messages always sound like those Clickbait adverts at the bottom of the newspaper pages?

"I thought this video was an interesting watch"

"You'll be surprised what this Covid study found"

"Mums in Hamilton are saving ££££s by following this Covid advice"

etc

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

You though, seem to have some bitter desire to be shown to be 'right'. I'm wondering what is wrong with someone that they see this as some point scoring exercise with a need to get the last laugh.

It's got nothing to do with that.

This will more than likely be the most devastating social and economic event of our life time.

That we are doubling down on it because 48 people (out of 5.45 million) are acutely ill is ridiculous.

Edited by Todd_is_God

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why does Todd's messages always sound like those Clickbait adverts at the bottom of the newspaper pages?

"I thought this video was an interesting watch"

"You'll be surprised what this Covid study found"

"Mums in Hamilton are saving ££££s by following this Covid advice"

etc

Cause he is a zoomer basically 

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This will more than likely be the most devastating social and economic event of our life time.

That we are doubling down on it because 48 people (out of 5.45 million) are acutely ill is ridiculous.

that's naively optimistic.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Climate change is going to make this look like a picnic.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

ONS reporting the first UK death may have been in January.

Perhaps those people saying they had it around Christmas did have it...

I still believe my Dad had it. He was in hospital for 3 weeks in Jan with all the symptoms. Then he died in Feb. At the same time I had a virus that I’d never had before. Maybe in months/years to come evidence will show it was in the UK long before they admitted

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I still believe my Dad had it. He was in hospital for 3 weeks in Jan with all the symptoms. Then he died in Feb. At the same time I had a virus that I’d never had before. Maybe in months/years to come evidence will show it was in the UK long before they admitted

Think it would have been around then as the first official case was on November 17th in CCCHHHHYYYYNNNNAAA. With the ease and amount of international travel it probably was in most countries before the official first case figures.

https://www.livescience.com/first-case-coronavirus-found.html

Edited by dirty dingus

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

The article i read mentioned a vaccine being rushed out for swine flu and a % of it caused narcolepsy

Right. But your post was talking about the governments handling of the COVID situation then you said "they" would rush out a vaccine. Who are they, and how exactly do you "rush" a vaccine through testing? Even if we are speeding up the process due to the urgency of the situation, it's impossible to throw out a vaccine "without knowing if it'll work". Obviously there might be side affects in some patients, as there is with all vaccines.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With a response like this, what hope have we got. Being so flippant about mental health at a time when people are struggling even more than usual. What a heartless bitch 

What exactly is your beef with that statement?  Its content or who it was delivered by?