Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I ordered my home test kit on Thursday and it got to me the next morning. Sent it back later that day and had to phone them yesterday because it was way over the 48 hours for the results. When I called the lassie took my details and said "I don't know what's happened". 

She told me someone would call in a few hours and they did not. Eventually got a text at half 6 this morning saying I'm negative. Some people are saying they get results just after 24 hours and I read somewhere someone waited a week to get theirs back. 

From my experience you're best driving if able to do so. It just seems the process is much quicker. However I don't drive and didn't fancy walking an 8 year old who could barely catch his breath from Dennistoun in Glasgow to Coatbridge, which was an actual suggestion.

Don’t bank on drive thru being quicker. 3kids and 1 tested Saturday. Kids results came at 6.30am Sunday. Mine still not back.

One kid needed retested, that was done Sunday am. It’s not back.

Just now, RH33 said:

Don’t bank on drive thru being quicker. 3kids and 1 tested Saturday. Kids results came at 6.30am Sunday. Mine still not back.

One kid needed retested, that was done Sunday am. It’s not back.

How did they get on during the test? I had to do it for both the weans and it was torture. Was expecting to be vomited on and they hated the nose part. I felt rotten because I had to keep trying and they were clearly distressed during it. 

Wee shitebags.

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

More detail needed as to why it was rejected, was it a simple no or was the proposal flawed

Given that Celtic were yesterday sending employees out to the seats with a measuring tape to see how many fans they could fit in, I'm going to guess at the proposal being flawed.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Given that Celtic were yesterday sending employees out to the seats with a measuring tape to see how many fans they could fit in, I'm going to guess at the proposal being flawed.

Tbf they were aiming for 1,400

I don't think you'd need a measuring tape to work out that 1,400 could fit into Celtic Park and stay 1m apart (or 2m, but I see no reason why sports stadia cannot be 1m zones if a bar can be).

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tbf they were aiming for 1,400

I don't think you'd need a measuring tape to work out that 1,400 could fit into Celtic Park and stay 1m apart (or 2m, but I see no reason why sports stadia cannot be 1m zones if a bar can be).

Obviously you can fit 1,400 into Celtic Park without measuring but it's not much of a test event if you let in 1,400 and give them the whole stadium to spread themselves out. They'd be given an area of the stadium to come in and practice social distancing, hence the club were only yesterday trying to figure out the size of that area, which is why I think the proposal may have been flawed.

52 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I ordered my home test kit on Thursday and it got to me the next morning. Sent it back later that day and had to phone them yesterday because it was way over the 48 hours for the results. When I called the lassie took my details and said "I don't know what's happened". 

She told me someone would call in a few hours and they did not. Eventually got a text at half 6 this morning saying I'm negative. Some people are saying they get results just after 24 hours and I read somewhere someone waited a week to get theirs back. 

From my experience you're best driving if able to do so. It just seems the process is much quicker. However I don't drive and didn't fancy walking an 8 year old who could barely catch his breath from Dennistoun in Glasgow to Coatbridge, which was an actual suggestion.

Yeah, I did the home test on the Friday afternoon and had the results about 9.30pm Mon night. Over 48 hrs it says you’ll wait, but I can understand it’s probably incredibly busy. I was just confused as to the Twitter brigade making out that driving miles to Inverness seems to be their only option.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's annoying that crowds could be let in normally at most non-league grounds but for the inevitable hordes of "big team" supporters trying to gate crash.

If non league clubs were capable of setting up a ticketing arrangement then they could demonstrate a capacity limit, it's the old timer standing at the gate entry mechanism and probably the gammon mentality from half of the fanbase that is stopping them from doing so. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah, I did the home test on the Friday afternoon and had the results about 9.30pm Mon night. Over 48 hrs it says you’ll wait, but I can understand it’s probably incredibly busy. I was just confused as to the Twitter brigade making out that driving miles to Inverness seems to be their only option.

Yet you ignored the more recent example of there being none left to send out.

Having a number of test kits available to send out 7 days ago doesn't mean they still have them left now.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

If non league clubs were capable of setting up a ticketing arrangement then they could demonstrate a capacity limit, it's the old timer standing at the gate entry mechanism and probably the gammon mentality from half of the fanbase that is stopping them from doing so. 

Printing and selling tickets, for most non league clubs, isn't financially viable.

You are including clubs which will regularly see attendances of around 50 here, if that.

Edited by Todd_is_God

53 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Seems like a stupid suggestion anyway. There's already a test event lined up from which they'll make observations and rules for all other matches. Why would they need Celtic to do one as well? Reeks of just pandering to their support and their tinfoil hat claims imo. There was no way this would have been given the go-ahead, let alone the opportunity for a wee dig in at the government as well. 

The Scottish government said they wanted to host test events, plural. If there's not one in the Premiership this weekend then there are a real shortage of other stadium-based events to use before the 14th September "reopening" date.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Printing and selling tickets, for most non league clubs, isn't financially viable.

You are including clubs which will regularly see attendances of around 50 here, if that.

You could literally stamp the back of a raffle ticket here, we're not talking about some Champions League level fancard that needs to be in place. If they can't do that and ensure that people don't get in the ground who don't have tickets then it's really not the fault of 'big team gate crashers' that they can't restart with crowds. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

I was at port Glasgow and Stirling one over weekend. Both were busy. We were in and out in half an hour though.

Theres now no testing available round here and mine and my daughters test results haven’t appeared. I’ve chased them three times. Can’t get rebooked nearby so I’ve ordered home kits.

Good luck with them. I had to get a Covid-19 test per my doctor (I had rung up about my persistent and long running cough which is linked to my COPD, and after a chat over the phone I got prescribed my usual antibiotic - normally I get sent for a chest x-ray, then get my antibiotic - and after that was all done and dusted she then rang me back and advised me to get a Covid-19 test. Any cough requires one it seems.)

After flaffing about with phone numbers and e-mails I managed to get one booked. The kit arrived today and eventually I got it done. The demonstration video contradicted the written instructions, and the Royal Mail link didn't contain "Priority Postboxes" in the right hand corner as it was supposed to.

Barcodes and reference numbers weren't easy to find, the information where to find them was by no means clear, imo.

Eventually got it done, but had to get my wife to assemble the return box as if I had had to work with it much more it would have been in smithereens.

Still none the wiser as to the location of my nearest "Priority Postbox" I ventured forth, and lo and behold I checked the one in the village and it was one.

A stressful situation wasn't made any easier by the contradictory and unclear information.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

You could literally stamp the back of a raffle ticket here, we're not talking about some Champions League level fancard that needs to be in place. If they can't do that and ensure that people don't get in the ground ho don't have tickets then it's really not the fault of 'big team gate crashers' that they can't restart with crowds. 

How does that in any way "demonstrate a capacity limit" over, say, someone at a gate with a clicker handing out a raffle ticket in exchange for a fiver on entry?

Where are they selling these tickets?

When are they selling these tickets?

Edited by Todd_is_God

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Scottish government said they wanted to host test events, plural. If there's not one in the Premiership this weekend then there are a real shortage of other stadium-based events to use before the 14th September "reopening" date.

Fair fucks, I thought they'd just offered themselves up as heroes of the people 

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

How does that in any way "demonstrate a capacity limit" over, say, someone at a gate with a clicker handing out a raffle ticket in exchange for a fiver on entry?

Where are they selling these tickets?

When are they selling these tickets?

You'll have to ask the clubs who don't bother with issuing a raffle ticket in exchange for entry right now champ, which is one of various reasons why gate counting is a work of creative fiction in parts of the non league system. That should keep you occupied for a wee while instead of trying to find another hill to die on here. 

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

You'll have to ask the clubs who don't bother with issuing a raffle ticket in exchange for entry right now champ, which is one of various reasons why gate counting is a work of creative fiction in parts of the non league system. That should keep you occupied for a wee while instead of trying to find another hill to die on here. 

In other words it demonstrates nothing. Glad you cleared that up.

As there is currently no requirement to hand out anything upon entry, what would you like me to ask them?

The idea that a non league team who barely cover the officials fees with their gate proceeds are on some massive rake is amusing, mind you.

With all that in mind, perhaps you could try answering my question, champ.

Edited by Todd_is_God

42 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yet you ignored the more recent example of there being none left to send out.

Having a number of test kits available to send out 7 days ago doesn't mean they still have them left now.

5 hours ago, Lofarl said:

That article is from 17th July.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It is, I couldn't find anything more recent which gave a capacity

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You are probably feeling really pleased with this post, yet it shows nothing.

I couldn't find a more recent article.

He, however, had access to a more recent example, but ignored it as he didn't like the answer.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

A lot of them chuck their kids into school regardless. I've had pupils sit in front of me with the 'flu, colds, measles, slapped cheek.

I will stop short of calling it selfish, though - my parents were in the fortunate position when my sister and I were younger that a) my Gran didn't work and so was on hand for emergency childcare, and b) in the event of my Gran being ill herself my Mum / Dad could take the day off and still get paid. A lot of folk these days aren't in that position and taking the day off to care for a wean can be a day's wage lost - a lot of money if they're living on the breadline regardless.

Sending a kid to school with measles should be cause for social work to come knocking because that it's OFTW behaviour.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

In other words it demonstrates nothing. Glad you cleared that up.

As there is currently no requirement to hand out anything upon entry, what would you like me to ask them?

The idea that a non league team who barely cover the officials fees with their gate proceeds are on some massive rake is amusing, mind you.

You appear far too thick to have comprehended my post. I'm not suggesting that officials are pocketing the joke income from a non league match: I'm stating that their 'stand at the gate and chuck money in a bucket' system simply can't satisfy the authorities that only the maximum allowed crowd will attend a game. If every club had a set number of physical tickets to distribute and a credible infrastructure to control entry then perhaps they could do so; until then they don't get a head start on having crowds back ahead of SPFL clubs though.

Better luck next time.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg