Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Schools in Fife making the rules up about the need for testing as they go along. Whod have thought it. Public sector. Scot govt better get them told today.

Also the stupidity of the real new mask rule. My son is in S1 and still 11. Does not need to wear a mask as rule has been defined afaik for 12 years and up.

Bairns got a bit of runny nose this morning, usual after the first week back always used to happen when she went to nursery but can see school trying to send her home when she sneezes once.

They told us last year to take her to the hospital for a graze on her finger last year ffs.

No temperature, no persistent cough and no change in taste or smell and I had a negative test end of last week through routine testing at my work.

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Looks like a relatively common issue.

It needs sorting, though. We can't have situations where a school can dictate that whole families need to isolate until a negative test is returned (because they have decided they want to be overly cautious and send every child with the sniffles home), and then families cannot get a test locally that same day.

It's no use for the child, it's no use for the family, and it's no use for employers.

Well no, this is bollocks. It's public health advice and not the school that says someone with a new persistent cough as well as their household should be self-isolating until Covid is eliminated as a probable cause and for a very good reason. It's totally different from a wean having a runny nose and being told to get tested for Covid when it clearly isn't that: though they also shouldn't be in a classroom until their symptoms are gone. 

10 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Bairns got a bit of runny nose this morning, usual after the first week back always used to happen when she went to nursery but can see school trying to send her home when she sneezes once.

They told us last year to take her to the hospital for a graze on her finger last year ffs.

No temperature, no persistent cough and no change in taste or smell and I had a negative test end of last week through routine testing at my work.

The flip side to that is if the graze had turned out to be something more dangerous and the school get a bollocking for telling your daughter it wasn't serious.

Schools don't have any trained doctors on site. Anything more than cursory first-aid will get get the parents told to refer to a medical professional just in case.

13 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The school should absolutely be sending home a child that you've deliberately sent to them with any symptomatic and most likely contagious illness. It is not your private childcare facility and it's absolutely ridiculous that you think placing them in an indoor space with literally hundreds of other weans is the right choice here.

6 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

As I read this tweet my mind was going HAHAHAH OF COURSE HE HAS IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME HE BROKE THE RECORD BY WAY TOO MUCH TO NOT BE... oh coronavirus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/business/status/1298447762648895490

Something something running nose.

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no, this is bollocks. It's public health advice and not the school that says someone with a new persistent cough as well as their household should be self-isolating

It really helps if you read the full conversation before climbing on your high horse, champ.

The cough, as you can see if you take the time to read, is not persistent.

The issue here is not so much the school being overly cautious and going above public health guidelines, it's the knock on effect doing that has.

Screenshot_20200826-082541_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

31 minutes ago, virginton said:

The school should absolutely be sending home a child that you've deliberately sent to them with any symptomatic and most likely contagious illness. It is not your private childcare facility and it's absolutely ridiculous that you think placing them in an indoor space with literally hundreds of other weans is the right choice here.

^^^^trying too hard

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Maybe they still think Aberdeen is 'unsafe.'

But why would it matter? You don't get out the car. You drive to a secure testing site (isn't it Aberdeen Airport?), stay in the car, and drive home.

Not sure why someone would choose to drive for 3.5 hours along the A9 as opposed to 2.5 hours along the A90, especially with kids in the car.

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Why would someone choose to drive to Inverness rather than Aberdeen from Edinburgh?

Does this also imply the Testing Centres in Dundee and Glasgow are maxed out?

Or how about just stay in the house for 24hrs and get tested locally the next day?

The public health message, to me, now seems to be getting a bit pant wettingly hysterical. Thank fook I don’t have kids at school any more. 

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It really helps if you read the full conversation before climbing on your high horse, champ.

The cough, as you can see if you take the time to read, is not persistent.

Why would I read the whole Twitter thread rant of some no-mark? The onus is on you to provide the information to support your case here and you failed. 

The issue here is not so much the school being overly cautious and going above public health guidelines, it's the knock on effect doing that has.

Knock on effect on whom exactly? There is a global pandemic going on so I really don't think it's to much to ask to instruct a household to sit in their house while their child has a contagious disease until that cause can be eliminated. In no rational world would this be top of a testing facilities of priorities either so that's just tough for them.

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

But why would it matter? You don't get out the car. You drive to a secure testing site (isn't it Aberdeen Airport?), stay in the car, and drive home.

Not sure why someone would choose to drive for 3.5 hours along the A9 as opposed to 2.5 hours along the A90, especially with kids in the car.

You're applying logic to an illogical thought process!