Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Health Secretary wrote to health boards in April, praising them for surpassing the challenging targets set for discharging patients from hospitals to free up beds. Thousands of people were sent from hospitals into care homes without being tested and there are a number of cases of people who had tested positive being discharged into care homes.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/leaked-letter-reveals-ministers-praise-and-challenging-targets-for-hospitals-told-to-move-patients-into-homesministers-do-not-know-the-individual-clinical/

Incidentally April 10th was pretty much exactly the peak death day of the pandemic (so far) in England, I think Scotland it came a few weeks later.

Someone is surely going to have to take the blame for this. 

Edited by Detournement

Most of lockdown in Aberdeen is over tonight apart from hospitality which I think is opening on Wednesday. If the Scottish Government was going to continue with Lockdown I would have turned on them as Aberdeen City has been single digits on Corona virus cases for about the last 5 or 6 days. 

Edited by betting competition

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

By doing what?

I'm a member of the SNP and finanically support them in the Donside but I would seriously consider stop financially supporting them. Lockdown had to stop in Aberdeen especially with so few cases in Aberdeen this week, the oil industry is brutal at the moment and we need to get Aberdeen opened up again. 

Maybe its the drink talking as I've watched the dons today as I can't watch them sober 😮 :D 

Edited by betting competition

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I'm a member of the SNP and finanically support them in the Donside but I would seriously consider stop financially supporting them. Lockdown had to stop in Aberdeen especially with so few cases in Aberdeen this week, the oil industry is brutal at the moment and we need to get Aberdeen opened up again. 

Maybe its the drink talking as I've watched the dons today as I can't watch them sober 😮 :D 

I was hoping for something more dramatic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/23/reopening-schools-may-lead-to-a-rise-in-virus-cases-and-local-lockdowns

Turns out that closing down businesses and being told not to leave your house or travel anywhere in rolling local lockdowns are some more of the 'sacrifices' that we all definitely signed up for just to placate snippy parents this autumn. My favourite nonsense line is that it'll actually be all those adults getting back to work who will spread the virus and not the scores of weans sitting in the same indoor spaces all week. Because that's of course how every other seasonal respiratory outbreak works.

Given Whitty's clownshoes track record with such predictions, you can safely multiply the costs by about ten here from the off. 

Despite this being in the USA, I thought this tweet summed up pretty well the difference between positive test results in private testing and NHS / Government testing, and also the issues faced by systematic testing of groups of people.

By looking to verify these positives, they were found to be false positives. We saw a similar scenario with St. Mirren - "Weak positives" are one potential cause of this.

Swap Chicago Bears for (for example) a chicken factory in Coupar Angus and this would be getting called a cluster, contact tracing and isolation periods would begin immediately, and the factory would likely close as a precaution, with little, if any, thought given to verifying the results.

Swap it for a class in a school, and there would be a meltdown.

Edited by Todd_is_God

29 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Are you saying the Coupar Angus outbreak could be all false positives?

No, not at all. But there will be "weak positives" among them, just like in Aberdeen, and when you contact trace them you will find more. When you consider the most common cause of a weak positive (remaining RNA from a previous encounter with the virus) that isn't surprising.

But if we go down the route of mass routine testing, as the SG hinted at when planning to increase capacity to 65,000 per day, it's almost guaranteed to happen somewhere.

And when it does, "That can't be right, shall we test them again?" will not be the first thought. 

Edited by Todd_is_God

I see the anti vaxers and anti-mask-um...ers mothers were out in force in Perth and have teamed up with a group of freedom fighters.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/exclusive-anti-lockdown-mums-opposing-22566642
Battleground Perth.

Unfortunately Perth seems to be home to a large group of complete fucking idiots.