Coronavirus (COVID-19)

All these lads whining about nightclubs and gyms not opening up fast enough would be singing a different tune if it was acne spreading like wildfire. Masks on as soon as they were out of their jim jams.

Edited by welshbairn

Agreed.
Imagine in April you were told that by mid August we'll have went six weeks with one death, BUT you still can't attend a football match (even with limited numbers), nor go to the gym.
Somewhere along the line she's going have to press the button on it and let us do these things. If the numbers we have now aren't good enough, then when?

At a guess I’d say they want the dust to settle from the schools going back before the rest of us get more freedom. Too many cases and c***s might end up greetin for schools to be closed again

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

At a guess I’d say they want the dust to settle from the schools going back before the rest of us get more freedom. Too many cases and c***s might end up greetin for schools to be closed again

That's probably the case.

But with the end of furlough looming, NS' hand will eventually be forced to some degree. I thought there would be mileage in opening up steadily, but the way it's going it going to end up with a fair number of things all at one time.

That's probably the case.
But with the end of furlough looming, NS' hand will eventually be forced to some degree. I thought there would be mileage in opening up steadily, but the way it's going it going to end up with a fair number of things all at one time.
Of course she'll have to open up eventually. It's not like she wants to keep things closed.

It's a horrible balance to find, and quite clearly our govt are playing it very safe. As frustrating as that is, my view is that she's doing the right thing now.

Hopefully the dates given already will be confirmed on Thursday, and in 3 weeks time we'll get to stage 4.

Iona Bar in Leith gets it off sales license pulled for breaching regulations

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/leith-pub-stripped-takeaway-alcohol-licence-due-anti-social-behaviour-during-covid-19-lockdown-2945023

A few years ago they lost their license for opening early to show an Edinburgh derby in a Sunday at 12noon.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

All these lads whining about nightclubs and gyms not opening up fast enough would be singing a different tune if it was acne spreading like wildfire. Masks on as soon as they were out of their jim jams.

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

59 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Wean at a primary school in Renfrewshire positive.

We are off to the races for the shut the schools types now.

Toldholm.  Had a cuppa with my pal, whose kids go there, this morning. Could be me next!

Wean at a primary school in Renfrewshire positive.

We are off to the races for the shut the schools types now.

The ones demanding the schools shut will be the same ones who were in uproar when the govt said not to expect them back this year.

The SG will close down just about everything else on no valid grounds whatsoever and tip the economy into another double digit plunge before it dares piss off self-entitled parents who want their state childcare running. They'll just be crossing their fingers for some minor breach of rules by a footballer or a minor pub-linked cluster to emerge to keep deflecting away attention.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk not realising that if the schools shut again the baws burst then naw?

As I've said before the SG have scared people into not understanding the relative risk per age band of Covid-19, the effectiveness of PCR testing, particularly in asymptomatic people, and into believing that all cases are dangerous and deadly.

They now want people to forget about all of that, but for school age children only.

That won't wash.

They have made a complete mess of the messaging throughout, and, however hard they try to focus all the blame on the hospitality sector, it will come back to bite them on the arse with schools.

Their credibility is evaporating with each daily briefing.

Edited by Todd_is_God

On 13/08/2020 at 11:05, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The pubs have taken an early lead which is exactly what the schools wanted to avoid at this stage but if they continue to keep it tight as the managers said pre match then I see them getting back into the this before the break, The pubs getting an early booking might see them take a more defensive approach now as they can't afford too many suspensions as the season drags on.  hard one to call at the moment,  whether or not the pundits view of "you don't spread with kids " line will come back to haunt them remains to be seen. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1517137/perth-and-kinross-school-children-test-positive-for-coronavirus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

In a training ground bust up the Inexperienced but enthusiastic primary school kids have been taken out with a niggly virus that keeps not only them but their coaches out the game for a couple of weeks.  

Pubs seem to have quietly gone about their business at the weekend, avoiding controversy. The manager banning music in the dressing room may or may not have been a factor.

Only time will tell Clive. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1517137/perth-and-kinross-school-children-test-positive-for-coronavirus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
In a training ground bust up the Inexperienced but enthusiastic primary school kids have been taken out with a niggly virus that keeps not only them but their coaches out the game for a couple of weeks.  
Pubs seem to have quietly gone about their business at the weekend, avoiding controversy. The manager banning music in the dressing room may or may not have been a factor.
Only time will tell Clive. 

I used to go to oakbank, it could’ve been me.

But in all seriousness it’s a bit concerning for me, my mum and dad live 2 minutes away from there so hopefully it’s not one of their neighbours.