Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Hang on a second. Do you know how sound works?

Joking aside, does Nicola Sturgeon?

Low volume background music isn't the reason I can't hear the person across the table. It's the cumulative volume of normal chatter.

Will talking in a bar be banned next? You'd support that anyway if I said it was nonsense i'm sure.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Joking aside, does Nicola Sturgeon?

Low volume background music isn't the reason I can't hear the person across the table. It's the cumulative volume of chatter.

Will talking in a bar be banned next? You'd support that anyway if I said it was nonsense i'm sure.

Mate, you’re in a pub. Get off Pie and Bovril. Unless you’re as tiresome in real life as you are on here, in which case I imagine you’ve cleared the pub. 

A wee anecdote about sound, had an emergency appointment booked in with me the other day.   Fella with terrible tinnitus in one ear.
In he wanders, plonks himself down and I hear this loud ringing.  He has a hearing aid so I ask him to take it out, he does so and its ringing and beeping continuously.   I ask him, see when you have it oot your ear do you have any ringing.  His reply, Naw.
To think I got into full PPE for the consult, and still I've not lost weight.
On a happy note seeing more patients face to face as we try to get back to some sort of decent service.
Should be interesting next week with the schools being back.

My girlfriends back to work in the dental industry. It seems the only thing stopping them going back to normal is non urgent NHS treatment isn’t allowed to start yet. And they’re pretty much back to AGP’s in practice for emergencies.

Hopefully if we don’t see an added spike from schools returning and we get the Aberdeen cluster under control within the month we’ll be fine I think.

Work colleague, 21 years old, told me today that he never carries a mask as he "doesn't see the point" and nobody has challenged him on public transport or in shops, so he doesn't bother wearing one. 

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

The parents should be fined for that. 

À fine example of people who see the schools as free childcare, right there. 

If it was known before they went in, absolutely.

This is something I've been expecting. Parents routinely send their kids into school with all manner of illnesses. I've had kids in my room with the cold, 'flu, measles, mumps, chicken pox, slapped cheek, you name it.

In those cases, though, I do have some sympathy with parents, however. Not everyone has access to emergency childcare, or a sympathetic boss willing to give an emergency day off, or they could be dependant on the wages though. However, this is different.

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

Work colleague, 21 years old, told me today that he never carries a mask as he "doesn't see the point" and nobody has challenged him on public transport or in shops, so he doesn't bother wearing one. 

Have you challenged him?

16 minutes ago, philpy said:

You're the only sane one in that place!

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The biggest demographic of non-wearers I've seen in shops has been workies, by an absolute mile. If you hear a neddy accent you'll see hi-vis, paint-spattered trousers, Timberlands and no mask. 

Agreed, also some of the ‘attempts’ at Mask wearing have been pretty spectacular, taxi drivers in particular wearing them over their chin. In braehead a couple of weeks ago and the number of people who dont grasp the concept that its no good if it doesnt cover your nose is pretty staggering. Perhaps some people are just too stupid to live?

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The biggest demographic of non-wearers I've seen in shops has been workies, by an absolute mile. If you hear a neddy accent you'll see hi-vis, paint-spattered trousers, Timberlands and no mask. 

Are masks not supposed to be part of painters and decorators personal protective equipment? 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

There's loads of valid reasons for not wearing one.

Legally you can't ask people to prove they are disabled or deny them a service if they are disabled. 99% of people in indoor public places where they are required are wearing them.

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Agreed, also some of the ‘attempts’ at Mask wearing have been pretty spectacular, taxi drivers in particular wearing them over their chin. In braehead a couple of weeks ago and the number of people who dont grasp the concept that its no good if it doesnt cover your nose is pretty staggering. Perhaps some people are just too stupid to live?

The high end estimate of community infections is 400.

There are over 5 million people in Scotland. The R rate is around 1. The chances of catching it are 100,000-1

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The high end estimate of community infections is 400.

There are over 5 million people in Scotland. The R rate is around 1. The chances of catching it are 100,000-1

You say that, but the chances of anything coming from Mars were a million to one, he said. And look how that turned out.

All pubs aren't packed to the rafters with c***s at all times. I don't imagine the background music stuff was aimed at the city centre on a Friday or Saturday night. 

Edited by madwullie

37 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There's loads of valid reasons for not wearing one.

Legally you can't ask people to prove they are disabled or deny them a service if they are disabled. 99% of people in indoor public places where they are required are wearing them.

That's true, but a fair proportion of people are using it as an excuse. Some burd on fb was arguing the other day that she has asthma so she "luckily" doesn't have to wear one. If you think it's lucky you don't have to wear a mask during a pandemic virus that primarily attacks the breathing system because your asthma is so crippling you can't have a bit of cloth on your face for 15 minutes in Home Bargains, then you don't really have asthma. These people are claiming to be so sick they should be on their knees thanking everyone who has masked up for slashing the risk of them catching a disease that would probably prove fatal given the severity of their underlying condition.

Probably best they just stay in the house rather than spending 15 red faced minutes stomping around the supermarket fucking desperate for someone to comment on their mask so they can argue about having asthma. Honestly, the majority are so fucking raging to see everyone else wearing masks it'd probably be better for their health to stay in the house and avoid an aneurysm. 

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

All pubs aren't packed to the rafters with c***s at all times. I don't imagine the background music stuff was aimed at the city centre on a Friday or Saturday night. 

I'm absolutely nowhere near the city center btw, but thanks for white knighting anyway.

PS calling people who have the audacity to talk "c***s" is a fantastic display of Sturgeon's Schutzstaffel in full flow.