Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I have avoided commenting on the politics of this so far, but it is right that questions are being asked about why the U.K. strategy is apparently different from most/all other countries.

It seems even our policy on the timing of testing and who should be tested is in conflict with the advice of the World Health Organisation.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

People on social media absolutely desperate for coronavirus to hit the UK and US hard so they can use it as political ammo against Boris and Trump.

It’s ok though.

Some bloke that cuts toenails for a living has explained everything with a bucket of water and a plastic coke bottle. 

Wales taking it seriously I see

Similar level of fucking idiocy in Aberdeen last night with 11.5k going to see Lewis Capaldi. Not only have you listened to two hours of shite music, but you’ve now inadvertently led to the death of your granny. Well done, folks.

Stupid c***s.

That's not it though is it? Folk are stockpiling toilet roll incase they get stuck inside for a few weeks. It has f**k all to do with "supply chains from China". 

I know it’s not, but there’s been a bunch of racist shite floating about saying that is the case. That’s why in the original post I said it was daft as f**k.

IMG_1109.jpg

Nuts. I will freely admit I didn't see what the fuss was about initially but looking at Italy I can't get it into my head how folk wouldn't take precautions now.

ETA:

Great timing, bird flu:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-birdflu/philippines-detects-bird-flu-outbreak-in-quail-farm-idUKKBN2130R9

Waitrose already experiencing quail egg panic buying. [emoji12]

Guest SJP79

Uk have 5000 ventilators 

Phillipines have 400 for a population off 105 million , some African countries only have 1 doctor for 10 thousand people. 

11000 people at Capaldi gig in Aberdeen ! 

Many are not taking this seriously enough.

Guest JTS98
6 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Uk have 5000 ventilators 

Phillipines have 400 for a population off 105 million , some African countries only have 1 doctor for 10 thousand people.

On the plus side, in future it will be easier to explain to doubters why it is beneficial for rich countries to spend a good amount of money on foreign aid to poor countries.

Down the local Scotmid, plenty of food but they had put their 2 litres of Irn Bru up to £1.90 so 2 x1 litre bottles for £1.60.  I'm too fly for this corona shit. I did notice a severe lack of scratchcards at the till though, that's the spirit,  it's better lying dying in the gutter looking up at the stars than face down with yer nose wedged in a shitty drain.

Guest SJP79
2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

That's me arrived at my surgery, I have no idea how today will go.

Sure it will be fine, stay positive and all the best 👍

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

It’s ok Lynda knows someone who knows exactly what’s going on!

6C4F0887-5E60-416B-BE1F-418B3AF7C0F3.jpeg

Sake.

Really shite that the Vienna lab only told Lynda's family and nobody else. Dicks, imo.

It’s ok Lynda knows someone who knows exactly what’s going on!
6C4F0887-5E60-416B-BE1F-418B3AF7C0F3.thumb.jpeg.660fe6599fa00bb217b56508822c2c21.jpeg

Going by the boffin in the video that’s been linked a few times, he’s saying that countries that treat the fever aspect of the illness with the usual fever reducing drugs are seeing higher death rates. Avoiding paracetamol and Ibuprofen might not seem too silly.

43 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Uk have 5000 ventilators 

11000 people at Capaldi gig in Aberdeen ! 

Many are not taking this seriously enough.

I still don't get the "everyone is going to get it" viewpoint, given how sparsely spread the Scottish population is in relation to say the city of wuhan. Likewise London where people are literally living on top of one another.

Surely if this is as contagious as being made out, then wuhan would have had many more confirmed cases and the likes of London would be ta ta bella ???

Edited by WATTOO

Guest JTS98

That's your panic buying underway in Malaysia. Huge queues in the supermarket today, folk with trolleys full of instant noodles and pasta that will probably never be eaten.

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I still don't get the "everyone is going to get it" viewpoint, given how sparsely spread the Scottish population is in relation to say the city of wuhan. Likewise London where people are literally living on top of one another.

Surely if this is as contagious as being made out, then wuhan would have had many more confirmed cases and the likes if London would be ta ta bella ???

China can lock down without anyone questioning it. 

We are weeks behind China and Italy.