Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw one of my “acquaintances” write a big FB post about how she’s not sending her two kids back to school. Wonder if they’ll be many like her doing the same, and if the authorities can do anything about it 

I think it's fair enough if parents choose to keep their kids off, and I hope the councils show a bit of common sense re issuing any fines etc (can you get fined up here?).

But it needs to be made clear that they then are responsible for delivering course content (proper content this time, not the kiddy on delivering of content from before summer) and that the rest of the class can't be held back to accomodate the gap that will develop.

I've seen a few posts myself talking about not sending them back until it is 100% safe. I would like to know just what they think 100% safe looks like, and whether they will be avoiding entering any buildings themselves (apart from esssntial shopping) until that threshold is reached.

To add to my post above I was on the train home last night, and the carriage was relatively full, with the majority of passengers being a large group of what I would guess were kids of around 3rd / 4th year age.

No attempt to SD, and not a single one had a mask on.

If parents aren't bothered about making sure their kids are attempting to stick to the guidance on public transport it kind of weakens their complaints about their same kids being "used as guinea pigs" in schools.

Edited by Todd_is_God

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

To add to my post above I was on the train home last night, and the carriage was relatively full, with the majority of passengers being a large what I would guess were kids of around 3rd / 4th year age.

No attempt to SD, and not a single one had a mask on.

If parents aren't bothered about making sure their kids are attempting to stick to the guidance on public transport it kind of weakens their complaints about their same kids being "used as guinea pigs" in schools.

Did the kids board the train at an unmanned station?

Just now, Tutankhamen said:

I went through the Low Level about 2 hours.

There was staff and cops there telling folks to mask up or GTF. Nothing to stop you throwing the mask tae f**k once you had passed the barrier of course.

On the way in and way out I had zero interaction with any member of staff.

Saw some BTP at the station entrance on my way in to town, but none coming home.

It wasn't a gripe about them not wearing one, more an observation of the double standards we will no doubt observe on social media in a little under 2 weeks time.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

On the way in and way out I had zero interaction with any member of staff.

Saw some BTP at the station entrance on my way in to town, but none coming home.

It wasn't a gripe about them not wearing one, more an observation of the double standards we will no doubt observe on social media in a little under 2 weeks time.

As an old Stalinist i would fucking send the lot of them to the gulag including the staff and cops.

No wear a mask?

Well here's the Siberian coal mines ya fuds.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

It must be a sheer coincidence then that France's daily infection rate is now roughly four times higher than neighbouring Italy, after the former charged ahead with reopening schools early and the latter held off until September. Not to mention the countries in eastern and central Europe that closed public schools within days of community transmission being established and somehow emerged from the spring outbreak with ten times' fewer cases than 'business as usual' clown-car outfits like the UK.

If social distancing and good hygiene are the supposedly essential society-level behaviour to combatting a disease then you don't chuck 20-odd five year olds in the same room for 30 hours per week because neither of those things are going to happen.

Why quote cold hard facts when multiple middle class cowards are sick of hearing their feral weans screaming all day? Pack them into the schools for The Science baby!

2 hours ago, virginton said:

It must be a sheer coincidence then that France's daily infection rate is now roughly four times higher than neighbouring Italy, after the former charged ahead with reopening schools early and the latter held off until September. Not to mention the countries in eastern and central Europe that closed public schools within days of community transmission being established and somehow emerged from the spring outbreak with ten times' fewer cases than 'business as usual' clown-car outfits like the UK.

If social distancing and good hygiene are the supposedly essential society-level behaviour to combatting a disease then you don't chuck 20-odd five year olds in the same room for 30 hours per week because neither of those things are going to happen.

It doesn't explain though, why their current death rates are almost identical (and extremely low).

It's almost as if infections amongst young people are, for the most part anyway, not really that much of a problem.

A bit like any other time there's been "a bug going round"

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Anyone can get the flu jag if they wish to pay for it. I used to get it free as a person who worked in critical care. Since I retired I’ve paid for the flu vaccine. It’s my view that it’s money well spent. Others may choose to disagree.

Actually good point. I meant offered for free because you were at risk. 

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Who knows. As I’ve said previously I’m far from being an anti vaxxer but I won’t be taking this. I don’t get the flu jag as im not in the at risk category and it’s the same for covid

edited to say (before someone else does) “but you could kill an oldie if you catch covid”. I could also kill an elderly person with the flu but I’m not a leper because I don’t get that jag

I'm guessing when the time comes you'll happily take part in things we currently can't. Won't you feel a bit guilty, when the vast majority of the population has had the vaccine and life has returned to normal, knowing that you done nothing? Seems a little selfish to me (just my own opinion)

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Lockdown happened because of Twitter and Facebook really is this weekend’s hot take.

I had to re-read what he said but no, he did actually say there would’ve been no lockdown if this happened 10 years ago.

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I cba to find direct quotes by VT but he has gone full circle from 'your job is bullshit and kids don't need education' to 'you're all just putting your feet up and want to keep doing that at the expense of our kids education' back to 'you morons rushed our kids back into school now look what you've done'.

"It's not good to force teachers to work in the current situation. When it's better, make them work 24/7 to make up for it"