Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Chris Whitty had the key quote in that briefing - England has ‘hit the edge’ of what they can unlock. Some hints in there from Johnson that some things might have to close to get the schools open in September. Gyms anyone?

Sturgeon will be on the beers right now.

Just now, buchan30 said:

With the talk of leisure centres being reopened soon, does that include indoor 5 a side? Or will it just be gyms and pools?

People who play indoor five-a-side are OFTW

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

It is one of many reasons that I possibly am,
But it still doesn’t answer the question.

I would imagine it would include sports halls, so indoor 5s should be aright to go ahead. Mind and stock up on those big stupid tennis balls

The sporting events that were supposed to have crowds this weekend will now take place behind closed doors due to the rise in cases. The snooker World Championship started today with limited crowds in place, but will now be empty until August 15th at the earliest.

Other than as a good excuse to be able to air a thinly veiled racist view, where does the idea that Muslims categorically cannot social distance, unlike the absolutely impecable displays of observation by flag waving conga dancers and statue defenders, come from?

You addressing that to me or the OP I quoted?

If myself, a bit of a ’woosh’ I guess.

Last night just highlights how utterly shite Westminster has been at communicating all the way through this. These rules on visiting homes seem very much aimed at the Muslim community in my view. That's a community which has a far less vested interest in going to the pub. And has a major festival today. Just be honest about the problem if it's a concern about a population sector. If something were being aimed at u18s or whatever, they'd be quick enough to say so. 

Anyway, the R rate in many of these places was still about 1 when they opened everything up. This smacks of lockdown as long as you don't have to shut businesses.  

On 30/07/2020 at 12:08, dirty dingus said:

There was a cluster of 8 positive tests in port glasgow from a pharmacy. Think they should just nuke the port to be on the safe side.

The Clyde Covid Riviera

I’m assuming that the dissenters of the Scot Gov handling of this are just being drowned out by the loud beeping drifting up from down South? If things have to start closing again I’m not entirely sure if these companies can enter staff back onto the furlough schemes. Should be interesting.

The sporting events that were supposed to have crowds this weekend will now take place behind closed doors due to the rise in cases. The snooker World Championship started today with limited crowds in place, but will now be empty until August 15th at the earliest.

Really? So one day of crowds at the snooker and then shut? That's weird.

Hearn will be raging.
Last night just highlights how utterly shite Westminster has been at communicating all the way through this. These rules on visiting homes seem very much aimed at the Muslim community in my view. That's a community which has a far less vested interest in going to the pub. And has a major festival today. Just be honest about the problem if it's a concern about a population sector. If something were being aimed at u18s or whatever, they'd be quick enough to say so. 
Anyway, the R rate in many of these places was still about 1 when they opened everything up. This smacks of lockdown as long as you don't have to shut businesses.  
That's how i see it.

Get key, respected members of the Muslim community to be a part of the process and help explain the decision, and the advice that they want to change.

Hiding behind anything else just looks awful, to everyone involved.

This is correct from - we simply can’t do everything and expect the virus not to surge again. This is why

announced very little change yesterday except the return of schools - that’s our priority for now.

A wee get it up you to Westminster.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Explain your reasoning for this please. 

It's just science.

People who play outdoor 5s - a good bunch of lads

People who play indoor 5s - beasts and vagabonds

Thought everyone knew this TBH

What the f**k is wrong with people down around Manchester? The missus needs to fly there because her idiot friend that is creating her wedding dress fucking has no brain. Are most people in that area of the world living without a brain? Did the Zombies infect every c**t there after destroying the place after the UEFA Cup final? 

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

It's just science.

People who play outdoor 5s - a good bunch of lads

People who play indoor 5s - beasts and vagabonds

Thought everyone knew this TBH

Why would I want to play in the cold and rain when it’s not necessary (as it is with 11s). I don’t really play fives in general tbf - prefer Futsal.