Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, Monday 13th July said:

Thanks for deleting.   Most primary teachers work these hours despite what Gaz was claiming.    If you dont believe me that's fine just ignore everything I post.   Most teachers would back me up.  

Primary teachers work well beyond their hours in school and are therefore rewarded with decent holidays.  

Both my mum and my sister are primary teachers.

Neither spend even 6 hours a week working at home...

Absolute bollocks. Sticking some fancy words in because you've been called out on your shite doesn't make your nonsense more believable either. And well done at getting the maths prize 🙄

Edit: and patronising pious BS that the measure of how good anyone is at their particular job is based around how many hours they put in fyi

Edited by madwullie

Some entertaining chat on here regarding teaching.

Of course there's no requirement for people to spend as long working at home as they do in their contracted hours at work.

It's ludicrous to suggest that doing so is remotely typical.  It's the sort of absurd line that actually has the effect of  making the profession vulnerable to the charge that teachers have it easy, given the short hours and long holidays.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Asking for a discount or free food is an absolute red neck regardless of the circumstances. Fair enough if the business is advertising a discount, but beyond that no chance, particularly with small independent businesses.

I can’t be the only one who gets the impression that there’s many people who milk the fact they work for the NHS. Probably the likes of receptionists and so on who don’t actually treat any patients, who’ve kidded themselves into believing that going into their work is the equivalent of going over the top at the Somme.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Asking for a discount or free food is an absolute red neck regardless of the circumstances. Fair enough if the business is advertising a discount, but beyond that no chance, particularly with small independent businesses.

I jokingly said a month or two back telling people you work for the NHS will become the equivalent of the 'telling someone you're  in the armed forces within a minute of meeting them'. It's probably now true.

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Im so over the teacher arguments on here 

Yeah we should go back to debating whether there are enough vegetarian ready meals for you to buy in Girvan Asda, that great coronavirus debate of our time.

Sit down.