Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Monday 13th July said:

Then offer a shred of evidence that teachers that spend ( as many many do)  their free time to help and plan lessons to cater for the needs of their pupils are somehow  "shite at their jobs".   

You can't because its a horrendous thing for any teacher to say.   Indeed, within the teaching performativity there will be the whole spectrum of skills.    My mother wasn't great with modern technology,  but used her time wisely to keep ahead of the curve.   At night she would receive calls from those new to the job,  helping those less ofay  with the workings of modern management and inspectors.    

As a son I'm really proud of her service to education and - as a teacher -  I find your attitude towards her and the profession disgusting.    

By way of a courtesy i am notifying you that an excerpt from this post is being c&ped elsewhere. Cheers. 

1 minute ago, Monday 13th July said:

Fingers crossed it isn't maths.   Given you lack of basics.  

( 6 x 5) + 4 = 34.  

You'll disagree but it's true.  

Red dot for unnecessary use of brackets

I'll tell you what lad, I'll make a peace offering.

I apologise for coming across quite harsh, and on reflection probably said some stuff about your mum that came across not very well. So for that I'll apologise.

I maintain that six hours of working every evening is not the norm, and the statistics back that up. I've probably been a bit harsh in my description of those teachers as being 'probably shite at their jobs', although I would stand by saying that their time management isn't great.

So there we are. An apology from me.

1 hour ago, Monday 13th July said:

I've a bairn in primary.  Even as a parent you can see the teachers that had the same calling my mother did.   

Birthday caird pish.

The folk who fawn over teachers, nurses, etc as if they're all saints are just as bad as the folk that relentlessly have a go at them all.

11 minutes ago, Monday 13th July said:

Accepted, and appreciated.    Don't agree in the slightest about time management.   I posted on this thread in support of teachers and simply offered my experience - which is absolutely true -  I thought I might be targeted by anti-teacher/tories.   Not members of one the the best professions going.   My mum had 40 years service.  Gave up 40 years of evenings and every Sunday afternoon as I suggested.   She was a gem of a woman and a wonderful teacher.   She died of cancer and we welcomed about 40 teachers to her service, not the "shite teacher" you wish to paint.  

Let's leave it as this, and I do appreciate your comments, so thanks X 

That's fine, we can leave it at that. Sorry to hear about your mum. My Dad passed of cancer three years ago. A shite way to go.

Deleted. I just don't believe she worked from 6pm till midnight every evening after a full days teaching on marking and preparation for 40 years. It's hard to know what's true if you mix fact with obvious fiction.

3 hours ago, Monday 13th July said:

Thanks for deleting.   Most primary teachers work these hours despite what Gaz was claiming.    If you dont believe me that's fine just ignore everything I post.   Most teachers would back me up.  

Primary teachers work well beyond their hours in school and are therefore rewarded with decent holidays.  

Well of course they fucking would 

4 hours ago, Monday 13th July said:

Most primary teachers work these hours despite what Gaz was claiming.    If you dont believe me that's fine just ignore everything I post.   Most teachers would back me up.  

At a time when "morale is at an all time low" (morale is always at an all time low) a teacher declared and I quote; "I'm spinning plates to keep my head above water"

Ergo, most teachers are novelty acts on a popular itv show.

I for one absolutely believe most teachers break the working time directive and the conspiracy of kindness to their craft and kids is one that no union rep has ever blown a whistle on it.

All this school chat is getting me moist for the soon to be return of the milfy gym slags at the school gates.
Clock is ticking.
None of them go to the gym, but the return of copious amounts of active wear will indeed be welcome.

10 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Take the bairns up popular hills, it's wall to wall spandex

What’s the milf factor like though? As our diminutive mango munching friend says, I doubt any of these specimens have seen much excercise.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey