Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I support Scottish Independence as in the current landscape I believe it is what is best for Scotland. If that was to change then so would my views on it.

Given that the only other landscape on offer is continuing with Westminster I'd be interested to hear what Westminster might do or offer to change your mind from Scotland having all the levers of an independent country.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah disagree with you now, they’ve made a c**t of this and we now need an alternative Indy Party not populated with moon howlers.

I don't think there's realistically any possibility of an alternative hegemonic force emerging to drag Scotland to independence but the SNP are in dire need of a shake up and a lot of people - from the leadership to the voting base - need to start asking serious questions of themselves.

I don't think there's realistically any possibility of an alternative hegemonic force emerging to drag Scotland to independence but the SNP are in dire need of a shake up and a lot of people - from the leadership to the voting base - need to start asking serious questions of themselves.

Im inclined to agree. Get rid of the ineffective nonentities like, Chris Mceleny, Angus Mcneil, Humza and Cherry and start delivering effective governance.

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

If Boris Johnson came out with that he'd be getting (and rightly so) ridiculed from all and sundry. 

You breathe differently in a pub? f**k me....

Totally agree, same with the new "stay safe" slogan. Between Swinney last weekend and the subsequent backtracking, it's all went a bit parody 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im inclined to agree. Get rid of the ineffective nonentities like, Chris Mceleny, Angus Mcneil, Humza and Cherry and start delivering effective governance.

You can't remove ineffective non-entities while you've got ~500 spots to fill at Westminster, Holyrood and council level. There's nowhere near that amount of competence in all the Scottish political parties put together and even the post-2014 surge took in far more whamees than it did legitimately fresh talent. It should be no surprise that a party that has dominated every level of politics for over a decade is in need of a refresh. It's why every party loses power eventually. 

I’m going back and forward on yesterday’s decision.

On one hand I can understand the concern about reopening, but Then i start asking myself why they’re not willing to go with Phase 2 in it’s entirety.

I can see them changing and moving forward quicker after next week.

You can't remove ineffective non-entities while you've got ~500 spots to fill at Westminster, Holyrood and council level. There's nowhere near that amount of competence in all the Scottish political parties put together and even the post-2014 surge took in far more whamees than it did legitimately fresh talent. It should be no surprise that a party that has dominated every level of politics for over a decade is in need of a refresh. It's why every party loses power eventually. 
Good point, with a few exceptions all the best political talent leaves scotland for Westminster.
I'm all for independence but the Scottish parliament has been a multi million pound coffee morning full of pretend mps

But given the named folks positions within the party and apparent influence or support then them being in such prominent positions its something they have to address whilst in power or the whole debate gets set back decades.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Makes sense, similar with fitba crowds and folk shouting/singing.

Dont know if that's what she's referring to as I've not watched it, but definitely been a few relatively large outbreaks at church / choir practice where singing is mooted to be the main culprit. At least one in SK and a fair few in bible bashing country in the US

Sure I did also see a report that 1% of protestors at the seattle protests contracted it, and masks were very very widely worn there. 

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah disagree with you now, they’ve made a c**t of this and we now need an alternative Indy Party not populated with moon howlers.

The indy party I saw that was set up recently made their first policy to be that trans women aren't women iirc. Finger on the pulse. 

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

But given the named folks positions within the party and apparent influence or support then them being in such prominent positions its something they have to address whilst in power or the whole debate gets set back decades.

Disagree, they'll be out of power for a few years, finally get the chance to refresh instead of treating reform as an attack on their track record and then whatever horrendous Yoon coalition will have imploded so badly that they'll waltz back in with an even more crushing majority than ever before.

59 Things Everyone Who Follows Scottish Politics Knows To Be True

As much as sturgeon has remained professional and came across well, behind the scenes they’ve done the same as the Tories.

Lack of PPE, lack of testing, lack of tracing, care home disaster, hypocritical staff and covering up the Nike conference outbreak.

It makes the case for independence stronger as we need more power. We are basically England’s plan two weeks behind.