Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Wee Willie said:

They replied with a condescending email saying that a lot of people had contacted the SNP because of their dealings with Charlie Windsor. But they then carried on and waffled about all the good the SG does. I replied that I have voted at every opportunity for the SNP since 1961 and I didnae need them to tell me about the benevolence of the SG. I've never heard from them since. BUT just this morning I've paid my yearly subscription + a donation to the SNP coffers. I still believe in independence.

And those last two sentences is why they'll keep talking down to you. It might be more justifiable to vote for the monkey in the yellow rosette than the red one because there is a clear tangible goal at the end of it but you're still voting for a monkey at the end of it.

I don't agree with the conspiracists who claim Sturgeon has given up independence to run Scotland as her little fiefdom but it's the open acknowledgment of supporters that they'll accept any old shit the SNP gives them that partially encourages that belief.

That third line is a political dimension in and of itself.

Also, I don't think the SNP are, or should, be remotely concerned with what Carlaw and Leonard are doing given they're both irrelevances that will be fighting each other for scraps next year. 

Which is the point I'm making - it doesn't matter what they do those pair will use it against them - any decisions should be on the basis of what is right not how the unionist wanks react.

I get the need to be cautious sometimes - but the SNP leadership seem to have taken it to a whole new level.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Which is the point I'm making - it doesn't matter what they do those pair will use it against them - any decisions should be on the basis of what is right not how the unionist wanks react.

I get the need to be cautious sometimes - but the SNP leadership seem to have taken it to a whole new level.

I'm a broken record on this but I don't know how you look at how cautious Sturgeon is being here and not fret a little bit about how she's going to force another referendum against a Tory mob that's got no reason to give one.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

In countries whose government hasn't made a complete and utter c**t of handling the pandemic, they've managed to go from imposing a full lockdown back to tasty pints in the pub within eight weeks. That's who they should actually be listening to instead of ploughing ahead with their bespoke worst of all worlds response.

Verge of tears add Ainsley Harriet picture with pepper mill etc etc

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I'm a broken record on this but I don't know how you look at how cautious Sturgeon is being here and not fret a little bit about how she's going to force another referendum against a Tory mob that's got no reason to give one.

Given how cautious and reluctant she's being here, do you think she actually wants one?

2 hours ago, renton said:

To be fair, as you said yourself, the theory is sound. The practice is complex and probably not practically possible. I'd still imagine that supression to as high a degree as possible is a good thing.

I get that the longer we stay in lockdown, the more precarious jobs become, on the other hand, service industries that open with say 10%  of capacity might struggle to survive and on the other hand if public confidence doesn't recover then demand will not either, and that is gonna stop the economy moving.

Obviously at least one of those issues could be solved by relaxing the social distancing rules, which will surely follow relatively soon. It should be noted that facemasks by themselves only seem to take down infection rate probability to 0.3 while a 1M social distance apparently takes it down to 0.026 and 2M takes it down to 0.013. It seems to me on the face of it like compulsory masks and 1M together would make up for the 2M thing entirely, but even then its only an interim solution. We need to get back to normality, not new normal, but just ordinary normal bug i can't see how we do that without confidence that the virus has been properly suppressed to s high degree.

As to the JRS, it wasnt that ScotGov wanted a straight up continuation of it, rather that they want the UK to ape the likes of France in effectively subsidising wages and employment levels in Key industries to see them through low demand. There is no way France and Germany would allow Airbus to go under, for example. Its not a bad idea, I think. The UK traditionally seems to be the only Western nation that practices unfettered free market economics without some degree of protectionism. If we try that now, especially with No Deal Brexit on the horizon, the economy will be properly fucked. 

Any lasting recovery from this will be on the back of massive intervention from government.

It's easy seen you're from Fife...

Given how cautious and reluctant she's being here, do you think she actually wants one?
You never know with people. She might be crippled by fear the now. This virus has hit the country and the world like a fucking freight train. It's completely different from something she has been through before, gained 45% of the 51% (presumably) she needs and has seen the government shes up against make one f**k up after another including one that was fundamental to the No vote (EU membership).

I think we are comparing apples and oranges and I would be stunned if it transpired Nicola Sturgeon is slow playing an indyref because she doesnt want it.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You never know with people. She might be crippled by fear the now. This virus has hit the country and the world like a fucking freight train. It's completely different from something she has been through before, gained 45% of the 51% (presumably) she needs and has seen the government shes up against make one f**k up after another including one that was fundamental to the No vote (EU membership).

I think we are comparing apples and oranges and I would be stunned if it transpired Nicola Sturgeon is slow playing an indyref because she doesnt want it.

Fair enough.

Seeing the apparant reluctance to do anything that can not later be blamed on (or at least "but they did it too") Westminster is not a great confidence booster for a post yes vote situation that requires big decision making, however.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Fair enough.

Seeing the apparant reluctance to do anything that can not later be blamed on (or at least "but they did it too") Westminster is not a great confidence booster for a post yes vote situation that requires big decision making, however.

Post yes will be a political landscape where whoever is most capable can be voted in though. 

59 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Funny enough last month I got an email from my local SNP branch saying if I had any worries then I was to tell them and they would make sure they were forwarded to the appropriate people. I complained about the subservient attitude of the then Chief Medical Officer for Scotland, Catherine Calderwood and the SG both who did not criticize Charlie Windsor and his gang when they flew from London to Balmoral and then caused the Grampian Health Board to divert their virus team to Birkhill to test that self-centred sod and his entourage.

They replied with a condescending email saying that a lot of people had contacted the SNP because of their dealings with Charlie Windsor. But they then carried on and waffled about all the good the SG does. I replied that I have voted at every opportunity for the SNP since 1961 and I didnae need them to tell me about the benevolence of the SG. I've never heard from them since. BUT just this morning I've paid my yearly subscription + a donation to the SNP coffers. I still believe in independence.

I added these two sentences to show that I still want independence whatever the cost

55 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

And those last two sentences is why they'll keep talking down to you. It might be more justifiable to vote for the monkey in the yellow rosette than the red one because there is a clear tangible goal at the end of it but you're still voting for a monkey at the end of it.

I don't agree with the conspiracists who claim Sturgeon has given up independence to run Scotland as her little fiefdom but it's the open acknowledgment of supporters that they'll accept any old shit the SNP gives them that partially encourages that belief.

Can you explain that to me? I've stated that independence is my objective. If a monkey can deliver that then well done the monkey

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Post yes will be a political landscape where whoever is most capable can be voted in though. 

And that's my point. We must vote SNP at least until independence then we vote for whatever party we want.

13 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

And that's my point. We must vote SNP at least until independence then we vote for whatever party we want.

Which is the reason they can do whatever the f**k they want, as well or as badly as they want, with absolutely no risk.

That you don't seem to understand how this could possibly be a bit of a problem is incredible.

I support Scottish Independence as in the current landscape I believe it is what is best for Scotland. If that was to change then so would my views on it.

Supporting anything political "whatever the cost" is daft.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

BREATHE A WARE

This fist in mouth idiocy has got the mark of Jason 'Caucasians couldn't possibly be expected to wear a face mask like east Asians (c. March 2020)' Leitch stamped all over it. It's long past time that Sturgeon bundled this clown out of the door and let some adults into the room to make rational decisions instead.