Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Yes, I was. Once a week throughout. 20 min drive, straight into car at house door, straight out at a deserted huge empty Braehead, had access in one location to M&S, Sainsburys, Boots, Superdrug. Combined the one shopping trip with our exercise walk - down the deserted Clyde walkway. Hardly saw another soul. I posted this ages ago. We only shopped in a pair in the stores that allowed it. M&S did, Sainsburys (at that time) didn’t, so only one of us went in. I posted all of this ages ago, and make no apology for doing it. 
Report me. Go on, fcuking do it. Tedious cnut.
Must have been a while ago, walked along the Clyde walkway last week while waiting on a car repair at Hillington and it was mobbed.

Seen a few tweets from pub owners saying they were given nods to prepare for opening outdoor beer gardens this week and have spent money preparing, have taken staff of furlough. CC Blooms posted in their FB page that they’ve had to cancel bookings.

This is the first time I’ve really seen Sustained criticism of the SG in person and in media during this crisis.

One of our local pubs put out a few angry tweets and quickly deleted them.

Another one said it was disappointing but were working towards reopening after July 2nd.

I honesty see no reason why we can’t review the stages weekly or fortnightly at this moment.

Another one said it was disappointing but were working towards reopening after July 2nd.

I honesty see no reason why we can’t review the stages weekly or fortnightly at this moment.
Is it maybe 3 weeks due to the time it takes for symptoms to present themselves after someone becomes infected? Think it's about 12 days or so?

Because it's an attempt to deflect away from how weak minded they are, and how reluctant they are to step forward without WM doing it first.
Swinney put the feelers out for the appetite for an extended period of blended learning, which went down like a lead balloon.
Armed with this knowledge, making out that getting schools back in August full time is now their priority is a perfect excuse for continuing to impose restrictions "the science" no longer really supports, whilst also furthering the belief that the SG cares so much more about the population.
That's how all political policy works, nothing new in these tactics in fact it's virtually page 1 paragraph 1.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
Even if it put their job(s) at risk?

What happened to the job retention scheme ?

Don't be naïve.

Remember that A, it is only until October and B, employers need to contribute from August.

Once that happens, jobs will start to go, if not businesses with them.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I had a zoom call with one of the top heamatologists in the UK last night to discuss people with Myeloma's risk to Coronavirus - He said that as long as Myeloma was your only issue you shouldn't really be any more at risk if you caught which was nice to hear. I am hoping my consultant agrees and I can finally be set free 😁 

Seen a few tweets from pub owners saying they were given nods to prepare for opening outdoor beer gardens this week and have spent money preparing, have taken staff of furlough. CC Blooms posted in their FB page that they’ve had to cancel bookings.

This is the first time I’ve really seen Sustained criticism of the SG in person and in media during this crisis.
Their "nods" were basically assumptions based on the routemap, the mood music has been crystal clear the last 10 days or so it wasn't happening. Wonder who gave them the "nod" ???

Their "nods" were basically assumptions based on the routemap, the mood music has been crystal clear the last 10 days or so it wasn't happening. Wonder who gave them the "nod" ???
Yeah it's a bit naive to be taking big decisions based on "wee nods"

Why 2 July ??? 15 July was the date given by the govt for the hospitality sector to prepare for. Isn't 2 July the date the WM govt expect their "scientific report " into the sector reopening, no way it's happening that actual day if it is !

Don't be naïve.
Remember that A, it is only until October and B, employers need to contribute from August.
Has the furlough scheme ended ? I can see job cuts further down the line but can see very little justification for them while the JR scheme remains in place.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Don't be naïve.

Has the furlough scheme ended ? I can see job cuts further down the line but can see very little justification for them while the JR scheme remains in place.

30,000 jobs were lost in Scotland by the end of April.

The longer employers are restricted in their ability to generate revenue the higher this number will climb, particularly once employers need to contribute a percentage on little to no income.

The JRS prevented mass employment as seen in the USA. It didn't protect every single person's job, and won't protect everyone who currently still has one either.

The sooner we get businesses open, and the 2m rule binned, the less jobs will be lost.

Edited by Todd_is_God

This nonsense with the App should be properly exposed. Govt always knew Apple were never coming to the party. It was always going to absolutely hammer the battery life of their phones so they said f**k no from the start. Android phones were actually also going to suffer badly.

Dominic of course once again knew better than the tech firms.

of course his pals have done well from this flop.

I cycled to Girvan tonight. The roads are so much busier than they were even 3 weeks ago. Also about 20 motorcyclists outside the chippy. I don’t have an issue with any of that but I saw one one of them peeing beside the public toilets as they aren’t open. I really don’t see why you can go to Tesco or Morrisons and use the toilet but the public ones aren’t open, especially when there’s more people out and about 

Check the nick of the priest of in this mad storyfrom Russia. He declares covid a lot of shite, gets chucked out the church, invades a convent with a load of Cossacks.

I'm not religious but I think that's down to the beige types who end up as ministers here. I'd totally listen to a wild eyed bearded man wearing black robes covered in runes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/18/russian-priest-who-called-coronavirus-a-pseudo-pandemic-seizes-convent

2904.thumb.jpg.f0744319521c5946a41f852562c79083.jpg

Lots of Orthodox excitement in Russia.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/october-revolution-russia-100-years-tsar-nicholas-ii-royalist-cult-romanov-family-murder-bolsheviks-a8035466.html

Also, I saw this today, a new Cathedral dedicated to the Russian Army

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is a huge problem for them. Unfurloughed staff must wait at least 3 weeks to be furloughed again.

That's not correct. The 3 week rule is the minimum amount of time they have to be on furlough. There are no rules about minimum time to bring them back before re-furloughing. You could have someone work a day then put them back on furlough.

That's not correct. The 3 week rule is the minimum amount of time they have to be on furlough. There are no rules about minimum time to bring them back before re-furloughing. You could have someone work a day then put them back on furlough.

My girlfriends work are operating on a rotating 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off basis and once they’re finished the 4 weeks they’ll be furloughed again until their next cycle. However she reckons by the time it’s comes to her second cycle we should be at phase 3 and possible even phase 4 so her work might be back to normal.