Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

You don't really like Karen, do you?

I'm thinking of a very specific Karen, who bitched constantly about the company and agitated for wage rises after telling everyone she hadn't been given one in five years. They were smart enough to slip her one on the quiet, after which she was perfectly happy and couldn't understand why anybody else wasn't.

She also proposed that wages should be tied to attendance, thinking about it. f**k Karen.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Wait - you stay in Cumbernauld, you've been doing your food shopping in a pair at Braehead, and you were complaining about BLM protestors flouting lockdown guidance?

:lol:

Yes, I was. Once a week throughout. 20 min drive, straight into car at house door, straight out at a deserted huge empty Braehead, had access in one location to M&S, Sainsburys, Boots, Superdrug. Combined the one shopping trip with our exercise walk - down the deserted Clyde walkway. Hardly saw another soul. I posted this ages ago. We only shopped in a pair in the stores that allowed it. M&S did, Sainsburys (at that time) didn’t, so only one of us went in. I posted all of this ages ago, and make no apology for doing it. 

Report me. Go on, fcuking do it. Tedious cnut.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Yes, I was. Once a week throughout. 20 min drive, straight into car at house door, straight out at a deserted huge empty Braehead, had access in one location to M&S, Saimsburys, Boots, Superdrug. Combined the one shopping trip with our exercise walk - down the deserted Clyde walkway. Hardly saw another soul. I posted this ages ago. We only shopped in a pair in the stores that allowed it. M&S did, Sainsburys (at that time) didn’t, so only one of us went in. I posted all of this ages ago, and make no apology for doing it. 

Do you see the hypocrisy in choosing to drive over 20 miles when the R rate was through the roof because you want to buy a certain type of yoghurt or cheese, while then complaining about people protesting racial injustice months later when the R rate is below 1?

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Do you see the hypocrisy in choosing to drive over 20 miles when the R rate was through the roof because you want to buy a certain type of yoghurt or cheese, while then complaining about people protesting racial injustice months later when the R rate is below 1?

Do you ever get cold up there on the moral high ground?

Despite having voted for them for so long I have lost a lot of confidence over their handling of this entire episode.
The alternatives are just awful up here though.
The lib dems led by a grinning buffoon 
The labour lot let by a slavering shit gibbon.   Starmer needs to lay down the law
Tories  just no
Green, nah.
I feel as a nation we are bereft of real political heavyweights and there is  a dearth of talent in the country at the moment both Scotland and Britain.
Sturgeon has a lot of rebuilding to do after this and that's before Mr Salmond comes after her.

Yep the alternatives make me shudder and ive lost all faith in the government.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Do you ever get cold up there on the moral high ground?

You never get cold when wrapped in the warm blanket of self-righteouness. Or so I've been told.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
The Western Isles has had a total of 7 cases and folk there can't visit the couple who live next door to them indoors emoji38.png 

Imagine them not being able to visit both their Cousins at the same time, terrible !

Not an issue if they are living as a married couple

I suspect he won't be reselected but fair enough I would not blame you if he had the brass neck to run again.

I feel quite bitter about not being represented, particularly as the fucker is still walking about a few streets away as if nothing happened. I think on the whole his actions plus the covid mess mean my trust in them has evaporated. If there was a decent pro indy alternative they’d get my vote.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The way things are both my votes are up for grabs, I live in Derek Mckay’s constituency so theres no chance I’d vote for him and the lack of a resignation also means im unlikely to vote snp.

As do I, any sign of him? Should have long since resigned.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

NS all but admitting on STV news that the cautious approach is an attempt to get to a position to open schools normally come August. Beer gardens, no indoor family contact etc is a trade off to try to get to that position. It's as close as she has come to setting any sort of target / deadline. Makes you wonder if the tourism industry will restart ON 15 July or like today dates will be provided for a phased reopening at that date.

If they wanted to do that then the SG should have had 'reopening schools' before these other activities in their actual fucking phase plan. But they didn't, so why anyone is supposed to go along with this back of a fag packet nonsense anymore is a mystery. 

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

If they wanted to do that then the SG should have had 'reopening schools' before these other activities in their actual fucking phase plan. But they didn't, so why anyone is supposed to go along with this back of a fag packet nonsense anymore is a mystery. 

Because it's an attempt to deflect away from how weak minded they are, and how reluctant they are to step forward without WM doing it first.

Swinney put the feelers out for the appetite for an extended period of blended learning, which went down like a lead balloon.

Armed with this knowledge, making out that getting schools back in August full time is now their priority is a perfect excuse for continuing to impose restrictions "the science" no longer really supports, whilst also furthering the belief that the SG cares so much more about the population.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Every playpark that isn’t fenced in is being used inEdinburgh. Today I went for a walk at Blackford Pond and there were loads of kids on the swings there.

If playparks are dangerous for spreading then we would see cases by now I think.

31 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The way things are both my votes are up for grabs, I live in Derek Mckay’s constituency so theres no chance I’d vote for him and the lack of a resignation also means im unlikely to vote snp.

21 minutes ago, RH33 said:

As do I, any sign of him? Should have long since resigned.

20 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

He must have had Covid symptoms for months the amount of isolating he has done.

Where else is a poor party animal expected to pick up £6k/month in these straitened times? Jeez! And expect the executive to actually force the issue?? 

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If playparks are dangerous for spreading then we would see cases by now I think.

I reckon they might be somewhat if the amount of disease was particularly high and people were ignorant of it.

With it being rather low, however, the chance of an infected child not being booked in for a test by their parents and being allowed out, coughing and spluttering onto the equipment, then another child touching and ingesting the virus before it dies are incredibly low.

Parents will also be reinforcing how important it is not to put your fingers in your mouth among other hygiene measures which will help as well.

And then you have the very low numbers of children getting any more than mild symptoms if any, and not apparantly being particularly good at infecting others, which would mask any spread anyway

Edited by Todd_is_God

Seen a few tweets from pub owners saying they were given nods to prepare for opening outdoor beer gardens this week and have spent money preparing, have taken staff of furlough. CC Blooms posted in their FB page that they’ve had to cancel bookings.

This is the first time I’ve really seen Sustained criticism of the SG in person and in media during this crisis.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Seen a few tweets from pub owners saying they were given nods to prepare for opening outdoor beer gardens this week and have spent money preparing, have taken staff of furlough. CC Blooms posted in their FB page that they’ve had to cancel bookings.

This is a huge problem for them. Unfurloughed staff must wait at least 3 weeks to be furloughed again.