Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Gaz said:

That video of the car with the loudspeaker going around Benidorm is fucking terrifying TBH.

One of my workmates is getting married at the end of May, and his stag do was supposed to be in Benidorm this weekend. He couldn't go though as he had to have a tumour on his kidney removed, but a couple of guys found out that they were going to lose most of their money if they cancelled, so they flew out yesterday. Ouch.

5 minutes ago, Mistermark 75 said:

My 62 yr old mate is flying to Bali for ten days on Monday for a holiday. Is he mental? I’m trying to tell him he is but he won’t listen. 

He obviously thinks escaping the authorities is better than certain death. Has he had his computer fixed by PC World recently?

7 minutes ago, Mistermark 75 said:

My 62 yr old mate is flying to Bali for ten days on Monday for a holiday. Is he mental? I’m trying to tell him he is but he won’t listen. 

It’s like my parents. My dad is well over 70 with shit loads of health problems but they are totally not getting the “stay in the house” message. They’re like “we’ll be ok if we just go on the bus to the cafe for a cup of tea” no, no you won’t. Dad will almost certainly die.

i wouldn’t mind but I am moving into a new flat tomorrow a week early, because I am a fair risk to catch this and I’m terrified he’ll catch it from me. I won’t have any furniture, enough cookery stuff to make about one meal and no television at all. All that and they f**k it up for a cup of tea!

Edited by Jambomo

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

Just as I was starting to get worried that I’d get bored:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18305445.amp/

Im told by a ‘friend’ is actually clean and sheets etc changed regularly through the evening. Tend not to touch finger buffet though.....

My daughter's school yesterday were making sure every pupil had everything they needed to access online resources like GLOW and Show My Homework, while my niece in 5th year at another school said all the 4th-6th year pupils were issued with their new iPads. I'd be surprised if the schools are still open by Monday week. I would guess they will try and hold on until they stop for Easter on 3rd April, but doubt they can wait that long.
I can't photocopy a handful past papers, my school is losing up to 6 FTE members of staff, we have about 60 kids who don't speak English but little or no EAL support and I had to wait 6 weeks for a Reed Switch that cost £11.49 but there are schools out there giving not only iPads but new iPads (presumably replacing iPads they already had)?

18 minutes ago, Mistermark 75 said:

Getting the f*** out of Europe, which seems to be the epicentre just now, isn't necessarily a bad thing tbf.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I can't photocopy a handful past papers, my school is losing up to 6 FTE members of staff, we have about 60 kids who don't speak English but little or no EAL support and I had to wait 6 weeks for a Reed Switch that cost £11.49 but there are schools out there giving not only iPads but new iPads (presumably replacing iPads they already had)?

They are new, not replacing anything. It's all part of this scheme...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49475108