Coronavirus (COVID-19)

NS all but admitting on STV news that the cautious approach is an attempt to get to a position to open schools normally come August. Beer gardens, no indoor family contact etc is a trade off to try to get to that position. It's as close as she has come to setting any sort of target / deadline. Makes you wonder if the tourism industry will restart ON 15 July or like today dates will be provided for a phased reopening at that date.

NS all but admitting on STV news that the cautious approach is an attempt to get to a position to open schools normally come August. Beer gardens, no indoor family contact etc is a trade off to try to get to that position. It's as close as she has come to setting any sort of target / deadline. Makes you wonder if the tourism industry will restart ON 15 July or like today dates will be provided for a phased reopening at that date.
If she just came out and said I am making sacrifices now for the benefit of my kids in August, I would be firmly behind that.

All of my anger towards the response of late has centred around anger at my kids school education and experienced being shattered.

Tbh tho, the young one is probably still never going to see 1140 hours so il still be a seething wreck.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Let me ask you this Tynie, i think you seem to share my own views that the Scottish Government have made a c**t of this, see in May next year, could you honestly bring yourself to vote for the SNP?

This for me is where it becomes tricky.

If the election was now, I probably wouldn't vote at all. The SNP will still be the largest party after all is said and done, but having less votes might snap them out of the bubble they are in where they are under no pressure to deliver.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Let me ask you this Tynie, i think you seem to share my own views that the Scottish Government have made a c**t of this, see in May next year, could you honestly bring yourself to vote for the SNP?

Despite having voted for them for so long I have lost a lot of confidence over their handling of this entire episode.

The alternatives are just awful up here though.

The lib dems led by a grinning buffoon 

The labour lot let by a slavering shit gibbon.   Starmer needs to lay down the law

Tories  just no

Green, nah.

I feel as a nation we are bereft of real political heavyweights and there is  a dearth of talent in the country at the moment both Scotland and Britain.

Sturgeon has a lot of rebuilding to do after this and that's before Mr Salmond comes after her.

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Marks and Spencer’s Braehead have been using the internal door 🤷‍♀️

Internal door for entry and the external door for exit. Their system has worked well there. Have done a lot of lockdown shopping at M&S Braehead.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

NS all but admitting on STV news that the cautious approach is an attempt to get to a position to open schools normally come August. Beer gardens, no indoor family contact etc is a trade off to try to get to that position.

Absolutely wild.

Trash the economy for even longer purely to have a greater chance of a low risk activity (an activity that, realistically could take place in a matter of weeks even now) taking place in August.

She's seen the response to Swinney's comments and is panicking.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Internal door for entry and the external door for exit. Their system has worked well there. Have done a lot of lockdown shopping at M&S Braehead.

Yeah I know. Was in for essential pork crackling sticks other day!

Just now, Bairnardo said:

If she just came out and said I am making sacrifices now for the benefit of my kids in August, I would be firmly behind that.

All of my anger towards the response of late has centred around anger at my kids school education and experienced being shattered.

Tbh tho, the young one is probably still never going to see 1140 hours so il still be a seething wreck.

I think that's probably quite typical of a lot of people who're getting fed up with the restrictions.  We were told it would be a grown up conversation, but until the backlash over schools all we got was "guided by the science".  If we were given a target or an outcome to work towards, people might be a bit more "on-board" or understanding  with the restrictions instead of the growing opposition/frustration.  Although that wouldn't help with the economic mess.  

That's pretty much what she said but yes no need for the veiled message I agree. I think most folk would accept that as a stated aim with a defined realistic target numbers wise. Kids are pretty resilient IF they were to return to normal schooling in August I think the vast majority would catch up successfully for exam time. It's nowhere near such a big deal for non exam age kids, they should be 100% fine if they return normally.

Absolutely wild.
Trash the economy for even longer purely to have a greater chance of a low risk activity (an activity that, realistically could take place in a matter of weeks even now) taking place in August.
Pretty sure most parents of school age kids would accept her stance if she made it official.

I think that's probably quite typical of a lot of people who're getting fed up with the restrictions.  We were told it would be a grown up conversation, but until the backlash over schools all we got was "guided by the science".  If we were given a target or an outcome to work towards, people might be a bit more "on-board" or understanding  with the restrictions instead of the growing opposition/frustration.  Although that wouldn't help with the economic mess.  
Precisely, with myself a case in point, being absolutely fuming over the schools and questioning the whole thing on the basis that I just thought they were being stupid and basically shitebags.

That said, my willingness to sacrifice my own activities for my kids is a purely parent centric view and we all know that the state of the economy is now looming much larger on the horizon.

You cant have one without the other though. Shielding grandparents and parents with a kid going the first half of the week and another going the second half isnt conducive to getting everything going again.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Absolutely wild.

Pretty sure most parents of school age kids would accept her stance if she made it official.

Even if it put their job(s) at risk?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Precisely, with myself a case in point, being absolutely fuming over the schools and questioning the whole thing on the basis that I just thought they were being stupid and basically shitebags.

That said, my willingness to sacrifice my own activities for my kids is a purely parent centric view and we all know that the state of the economy is now looming much larger on the horizon.

You cant have one without the other though. Shielding grandparents and parents with a kid going the first half of the week and another going the second half isnt conducive to getting everything going again.

There's also the reality of what the hell do parents who will be expected to be back working do about childcare?  It's not just key workers who need to be considered, but retail staff who are back working, dentists, opticians etc.  

As a teacher, the 1 day a week plan considered by Edinburgh can get in the sea.  Give me the class, lock the door.  First kid to sneeze or cough get's a chalk-duster fired at them. 

Just now, super_carson said:

There's also the reality of what the hell do parents who will be expected to be back working do about childcare?  It's not just key workers who need to be considered, but retail staff who are back working, dentists, opticians etc.  

As a teacher, the 1 day a week plan considered by Edinburgh can get in the sea.  Give me the class, lock the door.  First kid to sneeze or cough get's a chalk-duster fired at them. 

And get me back on the golf cou.....eh.....get my little Angel's the education they deserve

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Wait - you stay in Cumbernauld, you've been doing your food shopping in a pair at Braehead, and you were complaining about BLM protestors flouting lockdown guidance?

:lol: