Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

HMV on Argyle St can open, but HMV in Braehead can’t. Apple store on Buchanan St can open, but Apple store in Braehead can’t. Primark on Argyle St can open, and I assume Primark in Braehead can too - because it has an external door. The actual fcuk sake of it all now.

Marks and Spencer’s Braehead have been using the internal door 🤷‍♀️

6 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Marks and Spencer’s Braehead have been using the internal door 🤷‍♀️

As an essential shop (they sell food) they are allowed to.

Iceland at Livingston, for example, can open despite being within the shopping centre, but the shop next door cannot.

Cheers. Seemed an odd phrase.
Was the term used not 'Street Access'?

As far as the opening of non-essential retail shops opening on 29th June goes, I've seen a flooring shop and a bed shop both open today. Are shops the latest ones to think 'f**k it'?

I also saw a flitting taking place despite moving house being one of the things Sturgeon said could restart from (I think) 29th.

20 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Was the term used not 'Street Access'?

As far as the opening of non-essential retail shops opening on 29th June goes, I've seen a flooring shop and a bed shop both open today. Are shops the latest ones to think 'f**k it'?

I also saw a flitting taking place despite moving house being one of the things Sturgeon said could restart from (I think) 29th.

Floors and beds are pretty important for those of us that have been living without due to moving into new places as lockdown began! So think it’s more they were seen as relatively essential as things started to open. Tapi Carpets opened back up a couple of weeks ago. 

Next opened its store in Kirkcaldy on Tuesday. I doubt June 29th will be some sort of massive emancipation for the retail industry, most places will have just decided to go for it by then.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Triffid | Alien Species | Fandom

Looks like something from an Irwin Allen sci fi.

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The Western Isles has had a total of 7 cases and folk there can't visit the couple who live next door to them indoors :lol: 

And they won't want it to rise any further. 

48 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The Stormont Executive has also agreed that social distancing between children and young people can be reduced to 1m within the education sector.

We must have a different strain from everywhere else, 2m, 2m, rinse and repeat.

27 minutes ago, mizfit said:

IMG_5592.jpg

After seeing this I am in complete confidence we’ll be in phase 3, and down to 1m In 3 weeks

We should be in phase 3 now.

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The Western Isles has had a total of 7 cases and folk there can't visit the couple who live next door to them indoors :lol: 

Embarrassing isn't it.   

Just heard Sturgeon say they’re waiting on a report due on July 2nd that will make clear the risks of opening outdoor hospitality. UK Government are also waiting on the same report.

Would suggest to me that we’ll all open up bars/restaurants at the same, and Sturgeon said if the report is positive the move will come within this phase. No need to wait for Phase 3.

So that’s something.
It's been obvious for a couple of weeks now this was the plan and it makes perfect sense to not open that sector in one particular area first.