ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I don't go to McDonald's. But there's thousands of parents who take their kids regularly, often as a treat. Hence, the long queues upon them reopening.

Are you talking about since McDonald's re started doing their drive-thru?  Because I was.

I don't think convenience comes into it anymore nor the idea of fast food either anymore since people are having to wait a long time before getting their treat.

Something I haven't seen been reported on yet - There will be a lot less customers than pre virus so there will be a knock on effect on suppliers, all those beef cattle that were due to be slaughtered for burgers what happens to them? Much of the fresh ingredients will go to waste and it will be the same for all fast food suppliers. KFC suppliers will be slaughtering chickens and dumping them in big holes in the ground, thousands of them.

Just now, Snafu said:

Are you talking about since McDonald's re started doing their drive-thru?  Because I was.

I don't think convenience comes into it anymore nor the idea of fast food either anymore since people are having to wait a long time before getting their treat.

Something I haven't seen been reported on yet - There will be a lot less customers than pre virus so there will be a knock on effect on suppliers, all those beef cattle that were due to be slaughtered for burgers what happens to them? Much of the fresh ingredients will go to waste and it will be the same for all fast food suppliers. KFC suppliers will be slaughtering chickens and dumping them in big holes in the ground, thousands of them.

Probably many tens of millions of chickens tbh. No bad thing, less meat of better quality is the way to go.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Unless you're cooking cordon bleu meals morning, noon and night cooking is relatively easy.

True, although I did make an absolute pig's ear of an omelette this morning.

Tasted nice but looked more like scrambled eggs with bits in.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

all those beef cattle that were due to be slaughtered for burgers what happens to them? Much of the fresh ingredients will go to waste and it will be the same for all fast food suppliers. KFC suppliers will be slaughtering chickens and dumping them in big holes in the ground, thousands of them.

I couldnt give a shiny shit about McDonalds or KFC's business model. 

If thats what they are causing their supply chains to do, why is this the customer's problem to solve?

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So what? You might have invented a new dish! It tasted allright and you ate it (I presume).

Edited by Jacksgranda
missed out a word - daft old c***

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

So what? You might have invented a new dish! It tasted allright and you ate (I presume).

I agree, it was delicious but slightly conflicts with my claim to be competent at basic cooking.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

So what? You might have invented a new dish! It tasted allright and you ate (I presume).

I quite like the idea of him standing disgusted in his kitchen, taking one bite before flinging the rest at the wall in a rage at the abominable presentation before him. Taste alone insufficient to mend his wounded pride and injured sense of self.

He wipes his mouth, spits on the floor, and picks up his car keys before slipping out the back door.

Ten minutes later he is sobbing uncontrollably and beating his fist off the steering wheel as he sits in a mile-long queue for his local McDonald's.

Meanwhile his wife has woken up and got out of bed. She's confused in the kitchen. Where is he? Why is the porridge not ready? It's always porridge on Wednesday...

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.7b694679bc5697556fc7497195145e25.jpg

I suspect 'Salad' 'Exercise' and 'no thanks, I've had enough' are words which don't enter this fat c***s vocabulary.

22 minutes ago, Snafu said:

McDonald's donated their fresh produce to charities / foodbanks when they closed.

20200603_090912.jpg

26 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Swedish chief epidemiologist says he fucked up. That's OK I guess.

https://www.ft.com/content/dae6d006-9adc-46d5-9b4e-79a7841022e8

No firewall version. Refreshingly honest.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200603/tegnell-heres-what-sweden-should-have-done-differently-to-fight-coronavirus

Edited by welshbairn

Even when they've massively fucked things up Scandinavians come across as classy people.

Come on Scotland, let's join the North europeans in their 'coolest folk on the planet' wonderland. Get Britain's American mini-me adventure to f**k.

Fast food Nation review -Eric Schlosser | Fast food nation book ...

Read this and you'll not go anywhere near McDonalds.

Edited by dirty dingus

3 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Fast food Nation review -Eric Schlosser | Fast food nation book ...

Read this and you'll not go anywhere near McDonalds.

A large chunk of McDonald's clientele don't read.

8 minutes ago, madwullie said:

We all make mistakes Sven 🤝 

USA

UK

Sweden doesn't come close in the "mistakes" league

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I use a whisk and a glass bowl. I whisk the egg very fast until it the top part is all fluffy then leave it for a few minutes then go back to it and repeat. I repeat this until almost all the egg has fluffed up in the bowl and then pour straight into the hot oil coated frying pan. The omelette will be very light.

Working with the TV on in the background. Did someone just say that more BAME are dying in the UK because they don't get the same treatment from the NHS as whites !!!!

29 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Appeared to say they all fucked up, them, too lenient, rest too stringent. 

Working with the TV on in the background. Did someone just say that more BAME are dying in the UK because they don't get the same treatment from the NHS as whites !!!!

I’ve seen on twitter this morning that it proves there is racial injustice in the UK. If there was racial equality there wouldn’t be more BAME deaths.