Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

My ex was one of these. I ended up getting a haircut in the same place at the same time she had an appointment. I realised that only about 20 minutes of the 180 they spend in there is actually the cutting and colouring part. The rest is sitting in the chair drinking prosecco/coffee, reading a shite magazine, while the stylist pisses around elsewhere in the shop doing f**k knows what. Then there's the obligatory 'get your hair washed by the junior and get asked if you're going anywhere nice this year' 30 mins or so. I told them I'd literally just stepped out of the shower having washed my hair not more that 30 mins before I arrived in the shop, but no, you have to get subjected to that pish regardless.

Daftest part is, she'd come out of the place looking absolutely no different to she went in, except for being about £150 worse off. Total con job.

I hope you didn't tell her that.

Or is that one of the reasons she's your "ex"?

12 hours ago, super_carson said:

I remember chalk dusters being flung across the classroom.

Smartboards have ruined that method for my generation of teachers...

If you got hit with one of them, you knew all about it.

Youngsters have it easy these days...

10 hours ago, buchan30 said:

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/these-are-15-areas-scotland-hit-hardest-coronavirus-deaths-2887650?page=1

breakdown of only the highest hit places per population. Probably not a surprise to see some areas around glasgow hardest hit as it has already been well documented that they have had high numbers, probably due to it being a large city. 

Got to admit, the cynic in me thought parts of fife would be in that list as i have seen people with a slightly too laid back attitude to it all.   

I thought she resigned?

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Just started thinking it’ll be quite mental from about November when the common cold comes into play and people are getting tested weekly to check if it’s Covid or the cold

A blocked nose is not a symptom of Covid, is it? That would be a giveaway.

21 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Just started thinking it’ll be quite mental from about November when the common cold comes into play and people are getting tested weekly to check if it’s Covid or the cold

That was something Devi Sridhar was talking about, not so much the cold but there still being a small, but noticeable case load in Covid when flu season comes around. 

Would if be possible for an increase in Covid to occur if it were being camouflaged by lots of folk having the flu? Would that force a lot more sick days and social distancing into winter?

That was something Devi Sridhar was talking about, not so much the cold but there still being a small, but noticeable case load in Covid when flu season comes around. 
Would if be possible for an increase in Covid to occur if it were being camouflaged by lots of folk having the flu? Would that force a lot more sick days and social distancing into winter?

If anything it may encourage businesses and staff to think twice about attending work when ill.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If anything it may encourage businesses and staff to think twice about attending work when ill.

Yeah, there needs to be a change in policy towards sick days I think, and something more like Asia where if you have even a cold, you use face masks.

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I watch wrestling from time to time (yes I know that makes me incredibly sad), and I saw earlier that one of the Scottish promotions- ICW has postponed all shows until 2021. Another organisation that seems to think that come Jan 1st we’ll be “out with the old and in with the new”. Honestly by Jan the flu will be in full swing and folk will be getting their knickers in a twist about that. Why not just cancel everything until Easter 2021 🙄

I don't think it's too difficult to understand that some organisations are calling off planned shows now until they know how they can go ahead with events. None of them are expecting a magical January 1st cure and if they're able to put shows on before that then they obviously will. Calm doon with this shit.

19 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, there needs to be a change in policy towards sick days I think, and something more like Asia where if you have even a cold, you use face masks.

A big change needed tbf.

Firstly in those that trigger discipline when there are 3 periods of sickness in a time frame, and also from day to day management whereby often pressure is applied to come in as the assumption is you are at it.

Both of those will play huge factors in people coming in to work when unfit.

33 minutes ago, mizfit said:

One of the best things that can come out of this is an end to the workplace warrior who will "get on with it" and infect half the office with his illness. 

If you get the cold and are able to do so - work at home for the week. Risk management procedures ought to be implementing this immediately as part of return to work plans. 

Edited by Michael W

IMG_5586.thumb.jpg.733d89710bc024bdf11fe9aa7ad0eee5.jpg

I do wonder what is coming in with immediate effect and what won’t be. I’d imagine pubs might be held back for a little while.
I think there will be a loosening of restrictions when it comes to seeing friends and family but imagine pubs will be held back for at least another couple of weeks.

I think there will be a loosening of restrictions when it comes to seeing friends and family but imagine pubs will be held back for at least another couple of weeks.

I’m imagining they’ll be told to prepare for reopening of beer gardens from X date and internally from X date.

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

One of the best things that can come out of this is an end to the workplace warrior who will "get on with it" and infect half the office with his illness. 

If you get the cold and are able to do so - work at home for the week. Risk management procedures ought to be implementing this immediately as part of return to work plans. 

Not a fucking chance will the majority of businesses give up the unspoken power afforded by the "wee chat about your recent absence".

Similarly, the self-motivated attention-seeking workplace warriors who'd turn up with Ebola will only change their behaviour if they can somehow martyr themselves by making a show of staying at home to protect the workplace. Not sure how we pull that off. Maybe erect in-office memorials for Karen, who selflessly saved an estimated 430 working hours this year by staying in her fucking bed and not infecting everyone else with the flu.