Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I think they said it was to give time and space for picking deliveries and c&c orders, as well as the restocking. I'd imagine they prefer doing these things without people wandering about in the current climate.
Although that might be what they said, it's certainly not the reality. You can hardly get up and down the aisles in my local Tesco at any time of day for the staff picking the c&c orders.

We are a Tesco Subsidiary & our opening hours have been cut to allow us to pick orders, restock & deep clean our Business Centres. Disgraceful that they are allowing that to happen as we are going way above & beyond to keep everyone safe.

Fantastic, let's f**k up the future's of our children even more by denying them mixing with their friends and receiving a proper education for a virus that has a minuscule mortality rate.  
Of course after the outcry then will back peddle as per.
Unbelievable.  75 pct who are showing antibodies didnt even realise they had it ffs.
Economy fucked, children's futures fucked, health service fucked. Never mind though.
That's pretty much how i feel.

It's good practice to prepare properly, incase this virus comes back with a vengeance. But as things stand, the cure is going to cause major damage to our society - when the threat is now pretty minimal.

7 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Fantastic, let's f**k up the future's of our children even more by denying them mixing with their friends and receiving a proper education for a virus that has a minuscule mortality rate.  

Of course after the outcry then will back peddle as per.

Unbelievable.  75 pct who are showing antibodies didnt even realise they had it ffs.

Economy fucked, children's futures fucked, health service fucked. Never mind though.

It gives a greater insight to how slowly they plan on opening Scotland back up imo.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, legitimately seething at the lack of appetite to return to normal (not "new normal") asap. Theres maybe an agenda at work here that's not covid related tbh, and it fucking stinks.

The fan boys are loving how safe the SNP are keeping everyone though. With an election next year that's great PR.

"The economy will recover, if you're dead you can't" is an increasingly common comment on twitter

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The fan boys are loving how safe the SNP are keeping everyone though. With an election next year that's great PR.

"The economy will recover, if you're dead you can't" is an increasingly common comment on twitter

Just to clarify slightly, my anger isnt at everything, mainly the education system. I dont mind cautiousness in general but every bit of language I hear coming out of my kids school for example suggests to me 1140 hours for nursery has died on this hill and wont return, for example. 

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The economic fall out from this is going to kill and harm the futures of countless more people than Covid 19 did.

Incidentally all the back patters about how well we have been protected should consider this.

Germany pop 83m  deaths circa 9k

Scotland pop 5.5m   deaths circa 4k

So even with our pish performance in comparison to other european nations  the mortality rate is tiny but hey let's close the country for f**k knows how long.

Edited by Tynierose

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Deep down I’m still hoping there is a strategy at play here i.e plant the seed for bad news now ahead of a big good news announcement at some stage but pretty deflated (with the odd moment of seethe) reading his comments this morning.

“Blended Learning”  is a crock of sh*t and the idea that it might continue for a full academic year should be enough to see Swinney ushered out the door in short order.

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The economic fall out from this is going to kill and harm the futures of countless more people than Covid 19 did.

Incidentally all the back patters about how well we have been protected should consider this.

Germany pop 83m  deaths circa 9k

Scotland pop 5.5m   deaths circa 4k

So even with our pish performance in comparison to other european nations  the mortality rate is tiny but hey let's close the country for f**k knows how long.

The perception is it shows how much they care and want to make everyone nice and safe now, though.

Engaging in any sort of conversation with these people is pointless as they just call you a Yoon, a Tory and/or block you 

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Out of interest, what do you think that may be?

Genuinely I dont know and will accept a certain amount of foil hat criticism, I just dont understand the blanket insistence that normal schooling and nursery is off the agenda for August with the current trends in the virus, and the fact that low cases, minimal transmission and Test and Protect to squash any outbreak is at least as likely to be the best outcome as a silver bullet vaccine arriving. 

If we have those things in place, normal life should return with the one caveat being be a wee  it more sensible re sanitizing hands etc, and take heed of symptoms, and traces should they contact you. Thats literally all that should be in place come August at the current pace

8 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Deep down I’m still hoping there is a strategy at play here i.e plant the seed for bad news now ahead of a big good news announcement at some stage but pretty deflated (with the odd moment of seethe) reading his comments this morning.

“Blended Learning”  is a crock of sh*t and the idea that it might continue for a full academic year should be enough to see Swinney ushered out the door in short order.

I saw a tweet last week about how next year's exams should be cancelled as it's not fair on the wee lambs as people are at different stages now.

The fact that students are always at different stages, and that no matter when you hold an exam, the more capable students will score better is lost on them.

It's an excuse and statements like that this morning will only make those calls come back again.

If there are no exams next year we may never see exams in Scotland again, with the justification they are unfair and upset underachievers

Edited by Todd_is_God

Isn't Swinney just saying we can't guarantee anything at this stage?

I'd agree that the Scottish Government has handled this poorly, with the worst mistakes made at the outset by closing things down far too late. Rangers being allowed to play Bayer Leverkusen and then planning to go ahead with the Old Firm match being particularly stark examples. There was then the "you can have one final night down the boozer but we would rather you didn't" shite about that final Friday before the kiddy on "lockdown" started.

They've done a better job than Westminster which is enough for some people, but Westminster has handled this worse than any government on earth outside of the US and Brazil. 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, legitimately seething at the lack of appetite to return to normal (not "new normal") asap. Theres maybe an agenda at work here that's not covid related tbh, and it fucking stinks.

If you're on furlough then you understandably have very little incentive for the country to 'go back to normal' right now. Once that scheme starts tapering off then there will be a massive swing in opinion among that group. Then you have to deal with entirely self-centred interest groups like the teaching unions who are more interested in preserving their next February week off than actually educating the nation's children to an equivalent standard as before. Though given that Inverclyde for one local authority already plans to extend the working day in schools next year, they're going to be in for a fight to preserve that anyway.