Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Predicted active cases of less than 1000 and Covid confirmed 7 day average death rate of 1 or less - Old normal in almost all aspects. Mandatory masks on public transport or other scenarios where there may be real indoor crowding (rush hour train style). Work from home where possible. Test, trace, isolate rigorously.

The SG low estimate for active cases is 1,000 by June 19th

You would have fans in stadiums next weekend? Deal!

20200613_135318.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

If that's the case at that point and deaths were 1 or less, yes.

But fans in stadiums was with averaging 4 deaths. As of right now it is 4.8.

I think your reasoned response there is absolutely sound btw. But the SG is a mile away from that level of A openness and B progressiveness.

Deaths are surely irrelevant anyway? They are a snapshot of infection severity a few weeks prior, not the current picture.

Screenshot_20200613-140052_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

Define fairly big please. 

Most Celtic fans are barely aware of the senior team playing in their own town never mind traipsing to some plook of Lanarkshire to watch some Junior 4th tier no-marks.

4 figures at a St Rochs game if that level was first back, easily.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Deaths are surely irrelevant? They are a snapshot of infection severity a few weeks prior, not the current picture.

What is the rationale for 1, out of interest?

I think whatever you do, has to inspire public confidence. People in general are not good at assessing risk or understanding stats. Quite a lot of people were/are fearful of loved ones having a good chance of dying from covid. I think less than 1 would be a milestone number in terms of reassuring people.

Why almost normality? NZ is now normal, and started easing restrictions weeks ago anyway.
I don't disagree with your view here, but the problem with taking that approach now is we are probably still at least 2 months away from reaching absolute zero. Keeping things locked down till then is a massive gamble, especially when the government who would be expected to prop us up if it took longer started opening their economy already.
The chance to snuff it out like NZ was lost in March.
If it was 2 months roughly as we are then normality, the huge proportion of the population would give their right arm for that. Unfortunately none of that can be guaranteed

51 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Somewhere in that range x

I would guess more than 1,500 but less than 2,500 if you want me to try and put numbers on it.

The highest figure I've seen - for one of their odious mini bigotfests with Larkhall - was about 800. And given that about 40% of their games already took place when Celtic weren't playing that day anyway there isn't evidence for a huge demand to watch a tinpot version of them. 

Given that you'd be starting all games at that level across the country I think you'd see a more general bump of about 200-400 spectators per game, at least until the novelty wears off. Which might tip them into the four figures for a big game but not much more than that.

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Define fairly big please. 

Most Celtic fans are barely aware of the senior team playing in their own town never mind traipsing to some plook of Lanarkshire to watch some Junior 4th tier no-marks.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but I used them advisedly. They play in the Provanmill/ Garscadden area and have been getting 3,400 regularly, largely drawn from disaffected Celtic supporters that are too militant for The Gren Brigade.

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Presumably you planned your wedding to coincide with the Leicestershire school holidays.

Primary consideration of all involved, tbqh

You'd have to be thick as pig shit to equate the importance of a non league football game to civil protests against racial inequality, but here we are.
"Partially agree with the sentiment" [emoji38] some folk will fence sit about anything
It's called 'not being a c**t', and trying to persuade people, and genuinely change minds. It's quite progressive.

Pretty much the opposite to your style of engagement, which is much more concerned about winning the argument, and demeaning the person who has a different view from you.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but I used them advisedly. They play in the Provanmill/ Garscadden area and have been getting 3,400 regularly, largely drawn from disaffected Celtic supporters that are too militant for The Gren Brigade.

Clearly kept a hold of their vintage Seville calculator I see !!

Edit you might mean 300 or 400 rather than 3,400 on re reading